Looking for Haunted places in PA

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#1 slimtim2001

slimtim2001

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 09:14 PM

Hey I am looking for haunted places in Harrisburg York area PA please tell if u know of any :)

#2 RequiemEternum

RequiemEternum

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 06:54 PM

Hello. York has the Seven Gates of Hell, doesn't it? I've also heard some stories from Carlisle...and defintely check out Gettysburg. If ya want a good source for ghost info, check out Shadowlands.net and look up the listings of haunted Pennsylvania. Best of luck and happy hunting.
I leave you negative behind...Watch me all in flames, on a butterfly I ride. Exhale the light, rest for some time. The world outside is numb tonight. Open your mind, express the forgotten. The world inside is your's tonight.

#3 GHIceman

GHIceman

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Interests:I run a moderately successful online magazine. Also into Film-making, Bigfoot and other cryptids, Charles Fort, cliff diving, paranormal adventuring, road trips, polaroid cameras, making killer lattes, urban exploring, rocking out with my pee-pee out.

Posted 11 August 2004 - 05:36 AM

Don't even bother looking for the 7 gates. Its a total local legend. We went looking for it two years ago and ended up emptyhanded. This, in turn, started a search involving about 27 people which scoured the area. They also turned up empty handed. There's an abandoned house in the area, but thats all it is, a run down abandoned house. Good luck with your search though.
"Who Forted?" Magazine!The 'Net's Greatest 'Zine About Weird Stuff!

Posted Image

#4 slimtim2001

slimtim2001

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 07:58 PM

i already was at the seven gates and yes it is true stuff dose happen

#5 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 09:45 PM

Hi slim, welcome to gv. Would you care to tell about your experience with the seven gates?
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#6 slimtim2001

slimtim2001

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 11:13 PM

well when i came back from the seven gates of hell i had alot of scraches on my arms and legs that wheren't there befor even when i got home cause my g/f checked me for ticks and stuff and alot of weird stuff happend after that like my one freind out of no where got scrachs on his arm and no one new where they came from anyways when i went down there it felt like someone was pushing me out of the gate like trying to stop me from going in to the gates and every gate i passed thu weirder stuff happend like one i got hit across my back and nothing was there well i will have to post more later hope to hear from more of u with other places

#7 morgana

morgana

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Location:x0|Lancaster|USA||0|0|x0|Lancaster|USA||0|0|PA,Pennsylvania

Posted 27 August 2004 - 12:07 PM

There are alot of haunted places in Lancaster, Pa. Mostlt in the city. there is one house that is on the corner of East Lemon and North Lime Streets. I lived there when I was a little girl , about 9 yrs. old, there was a gas station on one side and a graveyard on the other. Every night we heard people walking up and down the stairs and alot of mumbled voices. No one ever believed me until the the old residents came walking past and we stopped them and told them about what we have been hearing and they told us there was an old tunnel in the basement that he covered up because he thought the tunnel led under the graves. He also told us about the tombstones he found behind a particle board wall. He said there are people buried in the basement that the caretakers thought were to evil to be buried among those that were saved. needless to say when my parents found the headstones with weird writing on them we moved out in 2 weeks. Lancaster may not be much but, we do have our ghosts.

#8 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 12:22 PM

Welcome to GV Morgana!

And a welcome to you as well Slimtim2001!
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#9 YankeePyrate

YankeePyrate

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • Interests:History, all things paranormal & macabre, good music, good friends, art, a few drinks...but most of all my amazing son.

Posted 27 August 2004 - 12:29 PM

My wife and I stayed in a B&B near Lancaster a few years ago, and went into town one fall evening to find a spot to eat dinner. The town just felt haunted. VERY strong atmosphere there. It was a nice town, but truth be told I was relieved to get out of there the next day. :)
~ Visit my paranormal chronicles blog, "Sarah Haskell's Ghost" ~

#10 Scary_Mary

Scary_Mary

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Location:x0|Duncansville|USA||0|0|PA,Pennsylvaniax0|Duncansville|USA||0|0|PA,Pennsylvaniax0|Duncansville|USA||0|0|

Posted 27 August 2004 - 07:33 PM

me too...let me know if you find anything...but i do know of this one place out by blairsville..i don't know exactly where its at but I know you go back this no outlet road and there are two gates that you can go through (you have to walk though)they say not to go past the second gate but as soon as we went past the second gate and a bunch of people came out screaming DON'T GO BACK THERE!!!! THEY'LL SHOOT YOU!!!!!! and right after that the people disappeared and a bunch of gun shots were fired right in our direction..
Scary Hairy Mary

#11 Camille

Camille

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 07:51 PM

What about the Pigmaster???
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite."Bertrand Russell"You're going to go to McDonald's... you'll order an Egg McMuffin and some coffee... WAIT! They're going to forget your extra salt! Remind them to give you salt, please!!"Ed Closser, Trivial Psychic

#12 Scary_Mary

Scary_Mary

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Location:x0|Duncansville|USA||0|0|PA,Pennsylvaniax0|Duncansville|USA||0|0|PA,Pennsylvaniax0|Duncansville|USA||0|0|

Posted 27 August 2004 - 08:21 PM

whos the pigmaster???
Scary Hairy Mary

#13 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 27 August 2004 - 11:02 PM

hello and welcome to GV, ScaryMary! Hope you have a spooky stay with us ;D
Posted Image

#14 Camille

Camille

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 07:47 AM

Pigmaster is a crazy old man who owns pigfarm at the end of a rural dirt road in Western PA.  He posts bizaare signs and weird sculptures on the side of the road.  Some say he kills teenagers who try to trespass.  
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite."Bertrand Russell"You're going to go to McDonald's... you'll order an Egg McMuffin and some coffee... WAIT! They're going to forget your extra salt! Remind them to give you salt, please!!"Ed Closser, Trivial Psychic

#15 Noelle1966

Noelle1966

Uses WD-40 for evil purposes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
  • Interests:Animals, ice skating, pets, animal issues, historical societies, travelling, and of course - ghost hunting.

Posted 28 August 2004 - 08:24 AM

Do you live near Gettysburg?  The Cashtown Inn is good and the Farnsworth Inn is very good.
The reason that a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail and not his tongue.Do unto others, then run.Life's messy. Clean it up.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users