102 replies to this topic

#16 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 10:40 AM

I went to Lancaster a few years ago to the Ren Faire at Mount Hope, nice little town.
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#17 YankeePyrate

YankeePyrate

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • Interests:History, all things paranormal & macabre, good music, good friends, art, a few drinks...but most of all my amazing son.

Posted 28 August 2004 - 10:56 AM

Yeah we've been to the Ren Faire several times...in fact we're going back this October! Can't wait.
~ Visit my paranormal chronicles blog, "Sarah Haskell's Ghost" ~

#18 ChcknWings1030

ChcknWings1030

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 11:13 AM

I just found this board and thought I'd contribute. :D

I love trying to find haunted locations. Whether or not they really are haunted, it's still thrilling. I've stayed at the Farnsworth House in Gettysburg 4 times. I doubt I'll go back (it gets expensive), but I did have my share of 'unusual' things happen. None of them are things you can prove, so to speak, but fun nonetheless.

One stay, when I was with my sister in one of the 'haunted' (aka original) rooms, there were 3 things that stick out. After our first night, my sister complained the following morning about kids laughing all night long and keeping her up. I told her I didn't hear anything, and when we went down to breakfast, it confirmed that no children were staying there. What I knew but what she didn't was that at least one child, possibly multiple children, are said to haunt the B&B, one being a young boy killed out front in the 1800's. In a later stay at the place in a different room, I actuallydiscovered a dresser filled with toys that visitors have left for this child.

One of the two other, more minor occurrences included the shower playing tricks on me. Just as I lathered up my hair with conditioner while taking a morning shower, the water just totally shut off. I stood there playing with the faucets for a few minutes to no avail and got VERY cold. <_< I put on my bathrobe and complained to my sister about it, who went in to check for herself. When she fussed with the faucets, the water came on fine again. Could've been just an old house acting up, but who knows. :huh:

Lastly, prior to the trip, my sister and I had made a special trip to get a new battery for her camera. While at the Farnsworth House, we took pics of the room and usual touristy sorts of photos. When we went out to the courtyard to continue doing this, the camera stopped working with the battery light flashing to signify a dead battery. Of course we knew it couldn't be dead. We sort of looked at each other like, "Yeah right," knowing that cameras are items traditionally left inoperable in 'haunted' locales. I told her that if it starts working again when we leave the Farnsworth House, then THAT will be crazy. Sure enough, after we got in the car and started driving toward the first day's battle area, the camera was fine. I should add the area in which it malfunctioned was right along Plum Run, which is the small waterway that supposedly drowned injured soldiers stuck in it when heavy rains came the day after the battle, flooding the run.

Again, all of these things could easily be dismissed as flukes, but who knows! Maybe we were being fooled around with by some spirits. If anyone knows of any other 'haunted' areas in Central PA, I'd love to learn about them! I'm originally from NEPA so not as familiar with where to explore. Thanks, all! I look forward to hearing more from everone! :)

#19 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,387 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 02 September 2004 - 11:43 AM

Welcome to GV and enjoy the stay with us ChcknWings1030!
Posted Image

#20 ChcknWings1030

ChcknWings1030

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 11:56 AM

Thank you! It's good to be here! :D

#21 GHIceman

GHIceman

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Interests:I run a moderately successful online magazine. Also into Film-making, Bigfoot and other cryptids, Charles Fort, cliff diving, paranormal adventuring, road trips, polaroid cameras, making killer lattes, urban exploring, rocking out with my pee-pee out.

Posted 08 September 2004 - 12:36 AM

At Horrorfind this year, Lou Gentile and his producer Scott were talking to myself and the other GHI guys and they slipped us the suggestion to go check out Sachs Bridge in Gettysburg. Lou basically guarenteed us activity..especially if you follow the trail down by the waters edge. Apparently, there are some very unfriendly spirits that reside down there...
"Who Forted?" Magazine!The 'Net's Greatest 'Zine About Weird Stuff!

Posted Image

#22 YankeePyrate

YankeePyrate

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • Interests:History, all things paranormal &amp; macabre, good music, good friends, art, a few drinks...but most of all my amazing son.

Posted 09 September 2004 - 12:05 PM

Cool. I'm going to G-burg in Nov...I'll be sure to check that spot out.
~ Visit my paranormal chronicles blog, "Sarah Haskell's Ghost" ~

#23 lovelygemini2004

lovelygemini2004

Monopolizes the shoutbox

• PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • Interests:i have many interests but i have to say my biggest interest is my son he is only 6 months but he is so adorable in my profile i have a pic of me and my fiancee. if anyone would like to chat just email me. thanks a bunch.

Posted 15 July 2005 - 03:17 PM

Hey I am looking for haunted places in Harrisburg York area PA please tell if u know of any :Wall:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hello. i know of a place in harrisburg. it is located in and outside of the harrisburg east mall. it has been said that at night where the old jcpenneys building is that a figure stands on the roof and one looks at u from inside the store from a glass door. one man commited suicide and one died of natural causes. it is said that there is one are in the store where there are cold spots but the air conditioning will not be on and that also the alarms go off for no reason and the light flicker off and on. and the alarms will not be activated yet but they still go off. and other strange things check it out.
have fun.
lovelygemini2004 :whee:

#24 whiteboy

whiteboy

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 11:50 AM

well when i came back from the seven gates of hell i had alot of scraches on my arms and legs that wheren't there befor even when i got home cause my g/f checked me for ticks and stuff and alot of weird stuff happend after that like my one freind out of no where got scrachs on his arm and no one new where they came from anyways when i went down there it felt like someone was pushing me out of the gate like trying to stop me from going in to the gates and every gate i passed thu weirder stuff happend like one i got hit across my back and nothing was there well i will have to post more later hope to hear from more of u with other places

Hey where is the seven gates at in york?

There are alot of haunted places in Lancaster, Pa. Mostlt in the city. there is one house that is on the corner of East Lemon and North Lime Streets. I lived there when I was a little girl , about 9 yrs. old, there was a gas station on one side and a graveyard on the other. Every night we heard people walking up and down the stairs and alot of mumbled voices. No one ever believed me until the the old residents came walking past and we stopped them and told them about what we have been hearing and they told us there was an old tunnel in the basement that he covered up because he thought the tunnel led under the graves. He also told us about the tombstones he found behind a particle board wall. He said there are people buried in the basement that the caretakers thought were to evil to be buried among those that were saved. needless to say when my parents found the headstones with weird writing on them we moved out in 2 weeks. Lancaster may not be much but, we do have our ghosts.

Hey is the house still there?

#25 snakebiteoftexas

snakebiteoftexas

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Interests:searching for haunted places as i drive cross country in my 18 wheeler with my lovely wife and meeting people to go ghost hunting with and playing fantasy sports

Posted 14 July 2006 - 01:05 PM

if you dont mind a road trip on i90 in western pa there a town called north east theres a graveyard there that i got sevral evp at
Posted ImageWWW.SOUTHERNSPIRITSEEKERSOCIETY.COM

#26 majizzy

majizzy

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 06:41 AM

[font=Tahoma][size=5] yo there is this place called gravity hill. its over by york. i don't remember which road it is i think its 83S but i'm not sure. i dont remember. but you go by reesers summit. do any of you remember a while ago a school bus full of kids went off a cliff up there cuz it was icy and the bus couldn't stop. well you get off the exit after the one that says about the one state park there. when u get off the exit there will be a brown sign in front of you pointing to the right for the state park go right. u will come to a stop light and a gas station to the right of it. u make that left at the light and follow the road up. u go on the hill that the bus was on and turn around so that your BAD_WORD end is facing up the hill and you your car in neutral and let off the break and it pushes you up the hill. its all the kids trying to keep you from going over the cliff like them. u are supposed to go home and put powder or flour on the windshield or hood of ur car and see fingerprints.of the kids.

#27 whispering leaves

whispering leaves

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 10:30 AM

anywhere in the manhattan area?

#28 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 13 August 2006 - 01:01 PM

Whispering Leaves,

Do mean Manhattan, as in NYC? If so, that we would need to start another thread for that. If there is a Mannahattan in Pennsylvania the that's a different story. Being from Ohio, I'm not too familiar with PA. Well except Gettysburg, but I've only been there once..... So far.

Edited by DukeofBoogie, 13 August 2006 - 09:35 PM.

http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#29 majizzy

majizzy

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 06:12 PM

just wondering if anyone knows of any more places in like harrisburg or surrounding areas. just looking for some scary/freaky stuff.

#30 whispering leaves

whispering leaves

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 12:23 PM

just wondering if anyone knows of any more places in like harrisburg or surrounding areas. just looking for some scary/freaky stuff.

unfortunately, california :clap:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users