102 replies to this topic

#31 hrvstrofsorrow

hrvstrofsorrow

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Poetry,the paranormal,Music,Reading,Hockey,Guitars

Posted 20 August 2006 - 10:21 PM

I don't know how far you want to travel..but I do know that if you take 82 south out of coatesville you WILL see something. Take it until you hit the Village of Doe Run. I don't want to say what I've seen,because I don't want to put any ideas into your head.
Standing at the window...eyes upon the moon...hoping that the memory will leave her spirit soon

#32 GhostDog

GhostDog

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:iv been into ghost hunting froma early age iv lead a few ghost hunts have been trying to start a group some of my most intresting trips were to waverly hills with promission the old lamdsford hauto tunnel the time warp in southern cali and few others

Posted 21 January 2007 - 08:34 PM

theres the tower off of 114 in mechanicsburg but its priv proprty and very dangous theres also a bridge off of 11/15 by the sheetz gas station on i think wolfs bridge rd its a 1 lane steel bridge

#33 AngelRose

AngelRose

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in the paranormal. Just not enough to go out and do any investigations. I think my past experiences might have frightened me away from looking for what might come next. I can read what others go threw and it seems exciting. But I just don't have it in me to get up and do any investigations. Pretty silly I know. But it's who I am. I'm a watcher not a doer. That's ok with me, I dont' mind it. I feel safe this way. lol

Posted 13 February 2007 - 10:14 PM

I know of a house in Rochester Pennsylvania. I use to live in it as a child. Some crazy stuff happened in that house. It was said to be an old funeral home. Instead of normal doors that close by swinging, these doors closed by sliding from inside the wall. Like a funeral home would do. I'm not sure if it's true or not. When the weather breaks, I plan on going back down there and find out what I can about that home.
Some that my sister has found out were during the 1800 and early 1900's when the slaves were escaping the south, they had gotten caught in that area, and were hung. My sister also said there was no proof to back those stories. So her and I are going to do our own little investigation.
I'll let you know how it goes. It's going to be quite awhile before we figure out anything.
Anyway, good luck to you.
Hope you find what your looking for.
Posted Image

#34 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 01 March 2007 - 09:30 PM

Y'all forgot the McCoullough House just outside Mechanicsburg. It's on Route 233 across from an elemtary school. I warn ya, it's pretty run down, and there's debris all over the floors and stairway to the second floor. Also, the stairs to the third floor were missing the last time I was out there. The floor joists are still solid. Now how's that for solid constuction in the 1800's?!?

And then there's the Army War College here in Carlisle, Pa. The Hessian Powder house is said to be haunted by the Hessian mercanaries who were imprisoned there. The LVC basement... Well, I've heard a story about it from one of my old classmates who lives on post that someone her mom knows/knew saw a woman holding a bloody (if I remember correctly) butcher knife heading into the basement, and heard screaming from there. Also, Lucy Pretty Eagle Haunts Corven Hall. One of my Army brat friends lived there and had me over after finals, and showed me around the part of Corven she was in. I sensed Lucy mostly in the basment. There's a bricked up tunnel under where she was that she says she saw Lucy unbricking several times.

Posted Image

Cry Havoc! And let loose the Dobermans of war!

My knitting and crocheting blog.

Life is too short to take seriously, none of us get out of it alive.

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

http://www.nomorerack.com/?cr=9281971

#35 AdventureNut

AdventureNut

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 02:58 PM

Pigmaster is a crazy old man who owns pigfarm at the end of a rural dirt road in Western PA.  He posts bizaare signs and weird sculptures on the side of the road.  Some say he kills teenagers who try to trespass.  

WHERE In Western PA? My sister lives near Mercer / Slippery Rock

#36 AdventureNut

AdventureNut

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 02:59 PM

well when i came back from the seven gates of hell i had alot of scraches on my arms and legs that wheren't there befor even when i got home cause my g/f checked me for ticks and stuff and alot of weird stuff happend after that like my one freind out of no where got scrachs on his arm and no one new where they came from anyways when i went down there it felt like someone was pushing me out of the gate like trying to stop me from going in to the gates and every gate i passed thu weirder stuff happend like one i got hit across my back and nothing was there well i will have to post more later hope to hear from more of u with other places

Exactly how do you get there if you are coming from Harrisburg?

#37 MCRFreak86

MCRFreak86

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 05:29 PM

does anyone know of any places in middletown,pa?

#38 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 02 April 2007 - 06:08 PM

Y'all forgot the McCoullough House just outside Mechanicsburg. It's on Route 233 across from an elemtary school. I warn ya, it's pretty run down, and there's debris all over the floors and stairway to the second floor. Also, the stairs to the third floor were missing the last time I was out there. The floor joists are still solid. Now how's that for solid constuction in the 1800's?!?

Just a correction: The McColough house is outside Newville, not Mechanicsburg. Although I'm sure Mechanicsburg has some haunted homes and buildings.

Posted Image

Cry Havoc! And let loose the Dobermans of war!

My knitting and crocheting blog.

Life is too short to take seriously, none of us get out of it alive.

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

http://www.nomorerack.com/?cr=9281971

#39 Seeker

Seeker

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 09:57 PM

My friend was telling me about an experience he had Philly but it might have been Pittsburgh. He went to the subway station at around 3 am. No one else was on the platform. A old fashioned train arrived, single car. When it stopped the doors opened accordion style and he entered. He said it was beautiful with a lot of shiny brass, clearly very old and in very good condition. He sat down and waited a few minutes but nothing happened. He got back off the train it immediately left. Moments later the subway arrived, he got on and went home. He swears that he had not been drinking or doing any drugs and was in fact returning from a date. I successful one.
Have you ever heard of this happening?
There is nothing left to say.Me

#40 RaevynNoir

RaevynNoir

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 07:04 PM

I live in Lancaster, PA - just on the outskirts of the city.

I've been to quite a few 'supposed' to be haunted spots in the area - now if these are actually truly haunted, or just local legends - well - you can be the judge.

Strasburg, PA (Hell's Tunnel) - and NO I'm not talking about the cheesey haunted ghost tour. Stay on Rt. 896, cross over the square in Strasburg, keep going - windy back road - look for, ----mill Road - can't remember the first part - but it's a -blank-mill road - on the left. Keep driving down that road until you come to a point there the houses on the right stop - and the trees form a "tunnel". There is an old mill there, and granted - it's a creepy spot. I've never 'saw' anything but have 'felt' things. If you follow the road to the end, make a left, you can make another left when you come to the back part of the lane and come past the mill. Back when I was a teen we used to drive past there - there's a pond - supposedly haunted - back then, there were no "no trespassing" signs - but not sure about now.

Lancaster, PA (Lancaster Cemetery) - THis cemetery is located on Lemon/Lime Street and you can also access it from Plum Street. The cemetery itself is gorgeous - a beautiful Victorian cemetery. Said to be haunted by the ghost of a bride - you can find a statue of her walking down the steps. Many 'stories' about that one. There are a number of "hot/cool spots" in that cemetery - very much so worht checking out.

Columbia, PA (old Civil War burial grounds) - This one not too many people know about. If you go on Rt. 30 towards York - get off at the Columbia Exit (BEFORE the bridge) - take a left off of the exit - cross over 30 - take a left at the first street - you'll go past the Visitor's Bureau - follow to a stop sign at a "T" (sorry - don't know road names) and cross UNDER the 30 overpass - just as you curve to the right you'll find a small pull off area where the burial grounds are. LOTS of wooden crosses (black and white) and a small 'plot' with grave markers - further back there are a few markers. VERY creepy area. NO signs for no trespassing - and we've been there NUMEROUS times at night and no issues.

I'm sure I've got more spots - but just wanted to throw these out there....saw this was started a few years ago - but looks like some visits since then...

Would LOVE to hear of any other nearby spots!!!!

#41 DeadTrish

DeadTrish

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 11:43 AM

I've been to quite a few 'supposed' to be haunted spots in the area - now if these are actually truly haunted, or just local legends - well - you can be the judge.

Strasburg, PA (Hell's Tunnel) - and NO I'm not talking about the cheesey haunted ghost tour. Stay on Rt. 896, cross over the square in Strasburg, keep going - windy back road - look for, ----mill Road - can't remember the first part - but it's a -blank-mill road - on the left. Keep driving down that road until you come to a point there the houses on the right stop - and the trees form a "tunnel". There is an old mill there, and granted - it's a creepy spot. I've never 'saw' anything but have 'felt' things. If you follow the road to the end, make a left, you can make another left when you come to the back part of the lane and come past the mill. Back when I was a teen we used to drive past there - there's a pond - supposedly haunted - back then, there were no "no trespassing" signs - but not sure about now.

Lancaster, PA (Lancaster Cemetery) - THis cemetery is located on Lemon/Lime Street and you can also access it from Plum Street. The cemetery itself is gorgeous - a beautiful Victorian cemetery. Said to be haunted by the ghost of a bride - you can find a statue of her walking down the steps. Many 'stories' about that one. There are a number of "hot/cool spots" in that cemetery - very much so worht checking out.

Columbia, PA (old Civil War burial grounds) - This one not too many people know about. If you go on Rt. 30 towards York - get off at the Columbia Exit (BEFORE the bridge) - take a left off of the exit - cross over 30 - take a left at the first street - you'll go past the Visitor's Bureau - follow to a stop sign at a "T" (sorry - don't know road names) and cross UNDER the 30 overpass - just as you curve to the right you'll find a small pull off area where the burial grounds are. LOTS of wooden crosses (black and white) and a small 'plot' with grave markers - further back there are a few markers. VERY creepy area. NO signs for no trespassing - and we've been there NUMEROUS times at night and no issues.

I'm sure I've got more spots - but just wanted to throw these out there....saw this was started a few years ago - but looks like some visits since then...

Interesting places!! I mean I know how far Lancaster is from Philly but are the others far? I'm running out of places here in town and I'm always looking to get out.
TrishDirector/ConsultantAfterlife Investigations: A Paranormal Research SocietyMEMENTO MORI

#42 jcurious

jcurious

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 08:24 PM

Has anyone had any luck with EVP recordings? If so, what kind of recorder did you use?

My father past away about 1 1/2 years ago, suicide, and his sister also committed suicide back in 82. They are burried beside each other with my grandparents. Anyway, I visit his grave from time to time and, after watching TAPS decided to try EVP. I ask if anyone wanted to talk to me and some other questions. Then I went to a friends grave who died in 83 and asked if anyone wanted to talk to me. I left the recorder run a few minutes, ask some other questions and headed home to listen to the recording. To my suprise, after asking if anyone wanted to talk to me, kneeling by my friends grave, I heard what sounded like a female voice saying "yes". I cleaned up the recording but it didnt help the clarity much but it still sounds to me like a female voice saying "yes".

I paid attention to any noises that were going on at the time like airplanes, dogs barking, sirens or anything else. But I dont recall hearing this voice! And it was loud enough that I should have been able to hear it. Ive gone back a couple of times since and havent been able to get any more but I will keep trying. Ill see if I can post it for you to hear and see what you think.

Edited by jcurious, 09 October 2007 - 08:26 PM.

#43 Treeromeo

Treeromeo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 12:45 PM

Wow, I live like a block from that cemetery. I'll have to go real soon. Maybe tonight actually. I don't want to go alone though.

Has anyone heard of the Amish girl that was killed in Mondale Road bridge? I tried that a couple days ago, has anyone else?

#44 Jerome

Jerome

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 05:59 PM

Hello everyone. I'm new and wanted to see if there was any talk of Lancaster. I live on the eastern outskirts of Lancaster Boro. Raevyn's post caught my eye, as I was just thinking about Lancaster Cemetery. I saw "A Haunting" this afternoon and ironically enough, the story was about a cemetery and how some kids decided to visit. Anyway, I absolutely love paranormal phenomenon, more specifically, ghosts and ghost stories. Even though I haven't had nary a single experience, I know they exist. From watching various shows on ghosts and apparitions, I've formed my opinions and belief system. I'm wanting to visit Lancaster Cemetery. I figure the chances of experiencing something are greater than if I went to some Mennonite cemetery or other church cemetery. I'd like to hear from some of you Lancastrians about your experiences and opinions on cemetery visits and what-not. Might be interesting to maybe form a group of some kind for those of us here that live in Lancaster to start one and visit the more renkown cemeteries for experiences.

#45 Jerome

Jerome

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 10:39 AM

I know it's been awhile since you posted that one, but do you know of any other supposedly haunted spots in Lancaster? I'm wanting to record all haunted spots in the county (for personal reference). Does anyone else know of any?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users