Looking for Haunted places in PA

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#46 jodiemeglio

jodiemeglio

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 03:05 PM

[font=Tahoma][size=5] yo there is this place called gravity hill. its over by york.

Take the fishing creek exit on 83 south(it's after new cumberland) and turn right after the exit. Turn left at the first stop sign. Go about 2 miles and you'll be at a stop sign, that's gravity hill. Put your car in neutral and it'll go backwards. It's and optical illusion but cool to try. I tried it on a skateboard and it worked too. The powder trick is bogus, it just makes your car messy.

#47 jodiemeglio

jodiemeglio

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 03:10 PM

theres the tower off of 114 in mechanicsburg but its priv proprty and very dangous theres also a bridge off of 11/15 by the sheetz gas station on i think wolfs bridge rd its a 1 lane steel bridge

That's pretty watched by the cops but it's not haunted. It was about 10 years ago that it burned down. The government seized it because the owner wouldn't pay his taxes. I haven't been back there but someday I might canoe the creek that goes right by it and check it out.

#48 ldginger68

ldginger68

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 01:27 PM

there is this really weird place called moonshine church over by the gap (army base). theres a cemetary across the street and there are 6 men called he blue eyed 6 buried there. There graves are unmarked so dont bother looking. Ive been there and a lot of very wierd stuff goes on up there.

#49 Sc(+)ped

Sc(+)ped

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 03:06 PM

Don't even bother looking for the 7 gates. Its a total local legend. We went looking for it two years ago and ended up emptyhanded. This, in turn, started a search involving about 27 people which scoured the area. They also turned up empty handed. There's an abandoned house in the area, but thats all it is, a run down abandoned house. Good luck with your search though.

Man the 7 gates of hell does exist...u just problably didnt no where to look..i have been there 3 times

#50 ldginger68

ldginger68

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 03:47 PM

how do u get 2 the 7gates of hell me and my friends r lookin 2 go but we can never find it

#51 jackie

jackie

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 04:30 PM

I've heard so many things about the 7 gates. I don't know what to believe. I thought the 7 gates covered a big area. And it started at some rd called, Trout Run Rd. Something like that, but all of that is residential housing and private property now. I also heard that there used to be an asylum there and it burnt down and all these people escaped. Apparently you can't get passed the 5th gate or you'll die. Whatever. Who knows what the real story is... I think it's all made up if you ask me.

#52 dmg718

dmg718

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 11:52 AM

my dad told me a story recently about a friend of his from high school named mike. one night mike and some of his friends went to Seven Valleys in York to hang out and probably drink or something. now just to give you an image, mike was, and still is, a big guy, but he used to be a traditional greaser and would wear leather jackets, carry knives, etc. well when they were in seven valleys they saw something glowing on the porch of an abandoned house, and when they got close to it it jumped at them and chased them down the street, eventually it rocketed at mike and he fell to the ground. so they ran away and eventually one of their friends pulled up in a car to get them out of there. mike was unconscious and there were slashes down his back that had gone THROUGH his jacket and his shirt, they were so deep that he needed to get stitches, i've seen the scars personally. they have never gone back to seven valleys since.

#53 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 25 December 2008 - 03:06 PM

If the old Carlisle Hospital was still around and open for investigation, I'd say go check that out. I sensed something on the 5th floor. It was usually noticably warmer than the rest of the building, especially in the summer, when the rest of the building was nice and cool, thanks to the air conditioning. If I remember correctly, this used to be the psychiatric floor, and was the maternity ward after they closed the psych ward. Sadly, it's gone now, and frickin' expensive houses went in it's place. All I'll say is that the owners of the houses wind up with ghosts sharing the places with them!!!

Posted Image

Cry Havoc! And let loose the Dobermans of war!

My knitting and crocheting blog.

Life is too short to take seriously, none of us get out of it alive.

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

http://www.nomorerack.com/?cr=9281971

#54 ghostsamurai77

ghostsamurai77

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:55 PM

Im looking for any abandones places in the boiling springs, carlisle or mechanicsburg area that may be haunted, already checked out the lake need new places, anyone got any ideas??
Cory M. Ozehowski

#55 L.P.R.T.

L.P.R.T.

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 04:59 PM

I live in Lancaster, PA - just on the outskirts of the city.

I've been to quite a few 'supposed' to be haunted spots in the area - now if these are actually truly haunted, or just local legends - well - you can be the judge.

Strasburg, PA (Hell's Tunnel) - and NO I'm not talking about the cheesey haunted ghost tour. Stay on Rt. 896, cross over the square in Strasburg, keep going - windy back road - look for, ----mill Road - can't remember the first part - but it's a -blank-mill road - on the left. Keep driving down that road until you come to a point there the houses on the right stop - and the trees form a "tunnel". There is an old mill there, and granted - it's a creepy spot. I've never 'saw' anything but have 'felt' things. If you follow the road to the end, make a left, you can make another left when you come to the back part of the lane and come past the mill. Back when I was a teen we used to drive past there - there's a pond - supposedly haunted - back then, there were no "no trespassing" signs - but not sure about now.

Lancaster, PA (Lancaster Cemetery) - THis cemetery is located on Lemon/Lime Street and you can also access it from Plum Street. The cemetery itself is gorgeous - a beautiful Victorian cemetery. Said to be haunted by the ghost of a bride - you can find a statue of her walking down the steps. Many 'stories' about that one. There are a number of "hot/cool spots" in that cemetery - very much so worht checking out.

Columbia, PA (old Civil War burial grounds) - This one not too many people know about. If you go on Rt. 30 towards York - get off at the Columbia Exit (BEFORE the bridge) - take a left off of the exit - cross over 30 - take a left at the first street - you'll go past the Visitor's Bureau - follow to a stop sign at a "T" (sorry - don't know road names) and cross UNDER the 30 overpass - just as you curve to the right you'll find a small pull off area where the burial grounds are. LOTS of wooden crosses (black and white) and a small 'plot' with grave markers - further back there are a few markers. VERY creepy area. NO signs for no trespassing - and we've been there NUMEROUS times at night and no issues.

I'm sure I've got more spots - but just wanted to throw these out there....saw this was started a few years ago - but looks like some visits since then...

Would LOVE to hear of any other nearby spots!!!!

Hello everyone. I'm new and wanted to see if there was any talk of Lancaster. I live on the eastern outskirts of Lancaster Boro. Raevyn's post caught my eye, as I was just thinking about Lancaster Cemetery. I saw "A Haunting" this afternoon and ironically enough, the story was about a cemetery and how some kids decided to visit. Anyway, I absolutely love paranormal phenomenon, more specifically, ghosts and ghost stories. Even though I haven't had nary a single experience, I know they exist. From watching various shows on ghosts and apparitions, I've formed my opinions and belief system. I'm wanting to visit Lancaster Cemetery. I figure the chances of experiencing something are greater than if I went to some Mennonite cemetery or other church cemetery. I'd like to hear from some of you Lancastrians about your experiences and opinions on cemetery visits and what-not. Might be interesting to maybe form a group of some kind for those of us here that live in Lancaster to start one and visit the more renkown cemeteries for experiences.

There is a group in lancaster. We are called " Lancaster Paranormal Research Team " and we look at all local haunts, but not just for fun. We do it to learn about the unknown. Check us out on MySpace or www.ghostlanc.webs.com

#56 Nicole17

Nicole17

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 08:01 PM

[quote name='L.P.R.T.' date='Jan 17 2009, 04:59 PM' post='502763']
[quote name='Jerome' post='437543' date='Dec 11 2007, 05:59 PM'][quote name='RaevynNoir' post='426332' date='Sep 27 2007, 07:04 PM']I live in Lancaster, PA - just on the outskirts of the city.

I've been to quite a few 'supposed' to be haunted spots in the area - now if these are actually truly haunted, or just local legends - well - you can be the judge.

Strasburg, PA (Hell's Tunnel) - and NO I'm not talking about the cheesey haunted ghost tour. Stay on Rt. 896, cross over the square in Strasburg, keep going - windy back road - look for, ----mill Road - can't remember the first part - but it's a -blank-mill road - on the left. Keep driving down that road until you come to a point there the houses on the right stop - and the trees form a "tunnel". There is an old mill there, and granted - it's a creepy spot. I've never 'saw' anything but have 'felt' things. If you follow the road to the end, make a left, you can make another left when you come to the back part of the lane and come past the mill. Back when I was a teen we used to drive past there - there's a pond - supposedly haunted - back then, there were no "no trespassing" signs - but not sure about now.

Lancaster, PA (Lancaster Cemetery) - THis cemetery is located on Lemon/Lime Street and you can also access it from Plum Street. The cemetery itself is gorgeous - a beautiful Victorian cemetery. Said to be haunted by the ghost of a bride - you can find a statue of her walking down the steps. Many 'stories' about that one. There are a number of "hot/cool spots" in that cemetery - very much so worht checking out.

Columbia, PA (old Civil War burial grounds) - This one not too many people know about. If you go on Rt. 30 towards York - get off at the Columbia Exit (BEFORE the bridge) - take a left off of the exit - cross over 30 - take a left at the first street - you'll go past the Visitor's Bureau - follow to a stop sign at a "T" (sorry - don't know road names) and cross UNDER the 30 overpass - just as you curve to the right you'll find a small pull off area where the burial grounds are. LOTS of wooden crosses (black and white) and a small 'plot' with grave markers - further back there are a few markers. VERY creepy area. NO signs for no trespassing - and we've been there NUMEROUS times at night and no issues.

I'm sure I've got more spots - but just wanted to throw these out there....saw this was started a few years ago - but looks like some visits since then...

Would LOVE to hear of any other nearby spots!!!!

I visited Hells Tunnel during the day today so that i could find it later tonight in the dark. I went with my mom, we followed the directions that you had posted awhile ago, and the --blank-- mill road is called Sides Mill Road. When we got there all the windows and doors are boarded up in what we assumed was the mill. But the one door right when you go over the little bridge was hanging open, it was just like a cellar type thing and they tore the stairs down that were leading upstairs so that no one can get up. There are 2 other old stone houses that are basically crumbled to the ground outside of the mill.

My friend recently told me the story of what happened at the mill, sparking my curiosity. I was told that a man was hurt in some sort of grinder/machine while working in the mill one day and his wife found him and tried to get help from him, but he ended up dying and apparently this woman ended up going crazy and hanging her children up by the pond thats a little past the mill. I have tried to find newspaper articles or any sort of report of what happened but came up empty handed. Im going to try the strasburg library archives and see what i can find. If anyone has any information on this i'd love to hear it. or any other stories about why its haunted.

I will hopefully be going back tonight with my mom to check it out and take so pics and EVPs.

#57 Squatch

Squatch

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:03 AM

Hey I am looking for haunted places in Harrisburg York area PA please tell if u know of any :hug:

I'm from York and as I became more and more interested in the paranormal, I was shocked to learn of all the stories centered in the area. A few locations/stories are common knowledge, but York County seems to be a hotbed of activity that deserves a much more investigation.

It seems that a major place in Stewartstown was forgotten.

One of the York area's most legendary tales regards a place known as Rehmeyer's Hollow. In November of 1928, Nelson Rehmeyer was attacked and killed in his home by a fellow practitioner of Pow-Wow, or Pennsylvania Dutch withcraft. Rehmeyer's killers - John Blymire and two young associates - targeted Rehmeyer due to Blymire's belief that Rehmeyer had placed a hex upon him, causing his poor health and a run of bad luck. Rehmeyer was confronted and asked to hand over his copy of Long Lost Friend - a book of spells - as well as a lock of his hair, all to break the hex. Rehmeyer refused, and was then beaten to death, his body lit on fire to cover the crime. Strangely enough, the fire put itself out and the house did not burn down. Rehmeyer's blood, as well as the burn mark in the floor, are still visible to this day.

It's a familiar, albeit strange piece of York County's history, that most residents remember even now, eighty years after Rehmeyer's death.

As you might expect, the Hollow is a favorite late-night destination of thrillseekers and locals interested in the paranormal. I've been there only once myself, and I definitely picked up on the area's presence. Located amidst deep woods and winding dirt roads, Rehmeyer's House is spooky enough when taking its history into account, but it was the surrounding woods that caused my unease. In certain areas of the Hollow I felt a sort of cold pressure about my person and I noticed several cold spots in the area where this pressure was at its greatest. Needless to say, I left the Hollow as quickly and safely as I could, as part of the legend also states that the roads can change after sunset. It's an extremely disorienting place.

I'm planning another trip soon.

#58 ghostsamurai77

ghostsamurai77

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 09:01 AM

Hey whats up man just read ur post and am wondering if you could give me directions how to get thre from carlisle im really interested iun this place so let me know ASASP!!!

Hey I am looking for haunted places in Harrisburg York area PA please tell if u know of any :)

I'm from York and as I became more and more interested in the paranormal, I was shocked to learn of all the stories centered in the area. A few locations/stories are common knowledge, but York County seems to be a hotbed of activity that deserves a much more investigation.

It seems that a major place in Stewartstown was forgotten.

One of the York area's most legendary tales regards a place known as Rehmeyer's Hollow. In November of 1928, Nelson Rehmeyer was attacked and killed in his home by a fellow practitioner of Pow-Wow, or Pennsylvania Dutch withcraft. Rehmeyer's killers - John Blymire and two young associates - targeted Rehmeyer due to Blymire's belief that Rehmeyer had placed a hex upon him, causing his poor health and a run of bad luck. Rehmeyer was confronted and asked to hand over his copy of Long Lost Friend - a book of spells - as well as a lock of his hair, all to break the hex. Rehmeyer refused, and was then beaten to death, his body lit on fire to cover the crime. Strangely enough, the fire put itself out and the house did not burn down. Rehmeyer's blood, as well as the burn mark in the floor, are still visible to this day.

It's a familiar, albeit strange piece of York County's history, that most residents remember even now, eighty years after Rehmeyer's death.

As you might expect, the Hollow is a favorite late-night destination of thrillseekers and locals interested in the paranormal. I've been there only once myself, and I definitely picked up on the area's presence. Located amidst deep woods and winding dirt roads, Rehmeyer's House is spooky enough when taking its history into account, but it was the surrounding woods that caused my unease. In certain areas of the Hollow I felt a sort of cold pressure about my person and I noticed several cold spots in the area where this pressure was at its greatest. Needless to say, I left the Hollow as quickly and safely as I could, as part of the legend also states that the roads can change after sunset. It's an extremely disorienting place.

I'm planning another trip soon.

Cory M. Ozehowski

#59 Squatch

Squatch

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:43 PM

Hey whats up man just read ur post and am wondering if you could give me directions how to get thre from carlisle im really interested iun this place so let me know ASASP!!!

No problem. These are directions from Carlisle in general, but they'll get you there.

1. Head east on West High Street/PA-641/US-11 towards Belvedere Street. Follow PA-641 for2.7 miles.

2. Merge onto I-81 North via the ramp to Harrisburg, proceed 10.5 miles.

3. Take Exit 59 to merge onto PA-581 East towards US-11/Camp Hill (a little over 3 miles).

4. Continue on US-11 North for just over 2 miles.

5. Continue on PA-581 East for just under 2 miles.

6. Take Exit 6 B and merge onto I-83 South towards York. Here's the long part - Follow 83 South for 37.5 miles until you come to the Shrewsbury Exit 4 (PA-851) towards Shrewsbury.

7. Getting off 83, make a right off of the off ramp towards Shrewsbury. Go through 3 or 4 lights (can't remember how many there are, but you should end up at a light with a little gas station on your left), and you'll be at the square of Shrewsbury. Make a right onto North Main Street and proceed through town.

8. Just out of town, you will see a church on a hill on your left and a cemetery across the street (on your right). There is a road (Plank Road/2074) running through the cemetery on your right. Turn right here.

9. After this, it's a bit of a drive through the country. Keep an eye out of Mt. Olivet Road (2095). Make a left there.

10. Again, drive for a bit until you see Rehmeyer's Hollow Road on your left. If you see Ridge Road, you've gone too far. Turn onto Rehmeyer's Hollow Road.

Once you're on Rehmeyer's Hollow Road, it gets creepy fast. Very dark and foreboding. (Assuming you visit at night, I haven't been there during the day). Be careful on the road as it can get quite bumpy. I'm not 100% sure where Rehmeyer's House is located, but if I'm not mistaken, it's after a sharp, almost 90 degree turn to the left. The house should be right along the road on your right.

I would print out a map to take with, because it can get very confusing back there in the dark. It took me almost 45 minutes to find my way back out after making some turns on side roads to explore. I would recommend using Google Maps since Mapquest doesn't even show Rehmeyer's Hollow Road.

It will be quite a drive from Carlisle, but it's worth it if you're interested. Good luck and be sure to let me know how your trip goes and what you think!
-Squatch

#60 Squatch

Squatch

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 01:00 PM

On second thought, Rehmeyer's house is not after that sharp left turn I mentioned. It comes up sooner on the road. After you enter the woods themselves, the trees will suddenly open up a bit. Keep an eye out on your right as you make a gradual left turn and descend downwards. It's right off the road.

Here is a picture of the house to look out for...

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users