• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#61 chestnut

chestnut

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 06:56 PM

Wow, that's a creepy looking house. Ordinarily I get no vibes at all from photos, but for some reason this house makes me uneasy.

#62 Squatch

Squatch

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:11 PM

Well, considering the house's past, it seems only appropriate that it creates unease.

Now imagine stumbling upon it at night. Nothing makes the hair stand up on the back of your neck like rounding a corner and having this house loom out of the darkness at you.

And like I said before, the house isn't the creepiest part of the Hollow...

#63 ghostsamurai77

ghostsamurai77

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:41 PM

Thanks man, I will deffinitley let you know what happens, evp, and video will get gotten so be ready for something good.

On second thought, Rehmeyer's house is not after that sharp left turn I mentioned. It comes up sooner on the road. After you enter the woods themselves, the trees will suddenly open up a bit. Keep an eye out on your right as you make a gradual left turn and descend downwards. It's right off the road.

Here is a picture of the house to look out for...

Posted Image

Cory M. Ozehowski

#64 Squatch

Squatch

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 01:43 PM

No problem. I went down to the Hollow late last night just to make sure of the directions I gave. Got there easy enough, but my direction to turn onto Plank Road at the cemetery is incorrect. Plank Road will be right after a Rutter's gas station. Turn there. Still on the right going north.

This was only my second time back and I found Rehmeyer's House much easier this time. Still spooky, even though I knew it was coming up. Took some pictures, but they came out really dark, I'll have to see if I can lighten them any. I did a quick internet search, and I can't find any pictures of the house that were taken after nightfall. Very strange.

Moving on from the house, I experienced the same constricting feeling on my chest that I had the last time I was in the Hollow, at the same area as last time as well. It was difficult to pick up on any cold spots as weather conditions at the time included winds of 30-35 mph. Although there was an area of the Hollow where it was strangely calm, with no winds at all.

On a side note - Doing some more searching in the area revealed the ruins of an old stone structure right alongside the road. Not sure what it once was, but there was an open doorway beside an arched-ceiling compartment. Any ideas? I also took some pictures of this as well.

#65 ghostsamurai77

ghostsamurai77

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 07:28 PM

Sounds like it may the remains of either like kiln or something that they used back in the day to like cremate people and things. Or could also be an old church judging by what you said about the archway ill take a look around when i go out there.

No problem. I went down to the Hollow late last night just to make sure of the directions I gave. Got there easy enough, but my direction to turn onto Plank Road at the cemetery is incorrect. Plank Road will be right after a Rutter's gas station. Turn there. Still on the right going north.

This was only my second time back and I found Rehmeyer's House much easier this time. Still spooky, even though I knew it was coming up. Took some pictures, but they came out really dark, I'll have to see if I can lighten them any. I did a quick internet search, and I can't find any pictures of the house that were taken after nightfall. Very strange.

Moving on from the house, I experienced the same constricting feeling on my chest that I had the last time I was in the Hollow, at the same area as last time as well. It was difficult to pick up on any cold spots as weather conditions at the time included winds of 30-35 mph. Although there was an area of the Hollow where it was strangely calm, with no winds at all.

On a side note - Doing some more searching in the area revealed the ruins of an old stone structure right alongside the road. Not sure what it once was, but there was an open doorway beside an arched-ceiling compartment. Any ideas? I also took some pictures of this as well.

Cory M. Ozehowski

#66 Squatch

Squatch

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 05:19 PM

Here's a picture of the arched chamber I found in Rehmeyer's Hollow -

Posted Image

Keep in mind that I have quite the inferior camera, so I had to lighten this picture somewhat, which did result in some artifacting. I make no claims that this picture shows anything other than the ruins of a former stone structure.

And here's the doorway that was off to the right of it -

Posted Image

I haven't edited this picture in any way other than to resize it for posting here.

#67 kelley_sparks

kelley_sparks

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 07:10 PM

Hello all, I am a casemanager for a paranormal group in Pittsburgh, PA. I am looking for any leads in southwestern, PA and the outlying areas of WV and OH. If anyone has anything for me feel free to email me at neferet40@gmail.com. Thank you.

#68 Squatch

Squatch

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 04:01 PM

Well the Rehmeyer House in Rehmeyer's Hollow was broken into once again this past Sunday. While I do encourage people in the area (and out of the are for that matter) to explore the Hollow's history, by no means do I condone trespassing. The House is private property that is still owned by the relatives of Nelson Rehmeyer, who are currently trying to open the House to the public as a historical site/museum of sorts. So far they've been unsuccesful. Zoning laws and so forth.

Just remember everybody, trespassing can and in most cases will be prosecuted, especially in areas where clearly marked warnings are ignored. Such is the case with the people who were caught in breaking into the Rehmeyer House. A lot of areas where paranormal happenings are said to occur happen to be on private property. Just be respectful.

Here's the coverage by our local newspaper the York Daily Record -
Hex House Broken Into Again

#69 kdb132

kdb132

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 01:22 AM

well when i came back from the seven gates of hell i had alot of scraches on my arms and legs that wheren't there befor even when i got home cause my g/f checked me for ticks and stuff and alot of weird stuff happend after that like my one freind out of no where got scrachs on his arm and no one new where they came from anyways when i went down there it felt like someone was pushing me out of the gate like trying to stop me from going in to the gates and every gate i passed thu weirder stuff happend like one i got hit across my back and nothing was there well i will have to post more later hope to hear from more of u with other places

Yeah I went there awhile back and its definitly a long walk we walked 2 hours and made it to the 3rd gate I guess who knows. Their used to be gates back their but they arent there anymore theyve been torn down I believe. Ive heard things like as you go through each gate things get worse. I believe that to be true. I just dont know whats back there though. All the way back. I got chased out by a guy driving an old 1970 F-150. We hauled BAD_WORD down that road. Of course the people I was with wanted to stop at a gas station so we did. Then we came out these people were writing down our liscense plate number like wtf? come on. So they said the cops will be here in a minute. If the cops were gonna be there they wouldve stayed if they were smart. So when they left we left as well. So If you go back there I think its the driveway before the turn Thats their driveway. Crazy people.

#70 Crone

Crone

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigations, reading, crafts, Genealogy, Renaissance Faires,

Posted 11 May 2009 - 05:28 AM

kdb132, those people were doing what they could to encourage you not to trespass. Did you obtain permission prior to going there? If you did, then all is well, and they were just being cautious. If not, then they had every right to get your license number and hopefully turn you in to the authorities.

Let me remind everyone again.......We here at GhostVillage do not condone trespassing. It's illegal, and you'll face a fine if caught. It also makes it harder, (and sometimes impossible) for future investigations, if the property is made totally off-limits because of previous incidents.

Please read through the Member Guidelines:
http://www.ghostvill...?act=boardrules
Still crazy after all these years. ....Paul Simon.... “What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.” ....Pericles......

#71 ghostsamurai77

ghostsamurai77

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 11:50 AM

kdb132, those people were doing what they could to encourage you not to trespass. Did you obtain permission prior to going there? If you did, then all is well, and they were just being cautious. If not, then they had every right to get your license number and hopefully turn you in to the authorities.

Let me remind everyone again.......We here at GhostVillage do not condone trespassing. It's illegal, and you'll face a fine if caught. It also makes it harder, (and sometimes impossible) for future investigations, if the property is made totally off-limits because of previous incidents.

Please read through the Member Guidelines:
http://www.ghostvill...?act=boardrules

No one is trying to trespass, i know the laws im 20 years old so please no need to remind me. I would obviously get permission to go there if i were to so save your lectures for the kiddies man.
Cory M. Ozehowski

#72 Crone

Crone

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigations, reading, crafts, Genealogy, Renaissance Faires,

Posted 12 May 2009 - 06:10 PM

Ghostsamurai77, if you'll kindly go back and read my post, I was refering to what another member had posted.

The Member Guidelines has no age boundry. They're there for everyone, and part of our job here is to remind members from time to time as needed.

Now.......back to the topic.
Still crazy after all these years. ....Paul Simon.... “What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.” ....Pericles......

#73 Bettie Page

Bettie Page

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:America's favorite pinup girl - Gone but not forgotten . . .

Posted 12 May 2009 - 06:55 PM

That's right, kids If you want to be a Bettie Fan, you have to read and abide by the Ghostvillage Member Guidelines.

Naughty Ghostvillagers who break the rules by trespassing on private property aren't allow to peek at my . . . . . profile.

What did you think I was going to say? :clap:

#74 Johnny Eck

Johnny Eck

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:22 PM

In that case, let me raise my right hand and solemnly swear that I will abide by the Ghostvillage member guidelines, Bettie . . . no, wait, I'll fall over if I do! Can you just take my word for it?

Great pictures, Squatch! Thanks for posting those. Even if the place isn't haunted, it's a great example of early American architecture. Hoping the family will have the place open to the public soon.

Edited by Johnny Eck, 12 May 2009 - 07:23 PM.

The Most Remarkable Man Alive!~Robert Ripley

#75 bobpi chris

bobpi chris

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:obviously paranormal investigations as i am a ghost hunter... also music... loud and heavy... metal is the only way to go

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:25 PM

ok check it out... if u wanna check out a place in pa thats amazing and has some crazy BAD_WORD going on... check out pioneer cemetary in perry county... my team has been there three times and caught something new every time... including the possession of our lead the last time we were there which was just this past weekend.... also if there is a female in ur group.... beware of ur hair being pulled... also... if u provoke... u may hear indian war cries... we did... all in all a very active place and u will walk away with at the very least some interesting personal expierences... if not some killer evp work
YOURS IS A RELIGION BASED ON IGNORANCE. MINE IS ONE BASED ON REALITY

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users