• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#76 Squatch

Squatch

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:30 PM

In that case, let me raise my right hand and solemnly swear that I will abide by the Ghostvillage member guidelines, Bettie . . . no, wait, I'll fall over if I do! Can you just take my word for it?

Great pictures, Squatch! Thanks for posting those. Even if the place isn't haunted, it's a great example of early American architecture. Hoping the family will have the place open to the public soon.

Just hadn't seen a lot on here about Rehmeyer's and I thought I'd share. Glad you like.

#77 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 30 May 2009 - 09:25 PM

If the stone foundation was near/built over a stream/evidence of a stream, it may've been a cold cellar. Y'know, for the perishable goods like milk/cheese/veggies/fruits...

Posted Image

Cry Havoc! And let loose the Dobermans of war!

My knitting and crocheting blog.

Life is too short to take seriously, none of us get out of it alive.

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

http://www.nomorerack.com/?cr=9281971

#78 Squatch

Squatch

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 02:27 PM

It was up a hill from the stream that runs through the Hollow, but it always stays much coller down there than the surrounding areas. Good idea, thanks.

#79 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 31 May 2009 - 09:26 PM

Hey, you're welcome, Squatch.

Posted Image

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

#80 zombywolf

zombywolf

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:00 PM

im from lititz pa and i was woundering if anyone here knows of anything about paranormal activity in lititz.

#81 zombywolf

zombywolf

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 11:18 AM

On second thought, Rehmeyer's house is not after that sharp left turn I mentioned. It comes up sooner on the road. After you enter the woods themselves, the trees will suddenly open up a bit. Keep an eye out on your right as you make a gradual left turn and descend downwards. It's right off the road.

Here is a picture of the house to look out for...

Posted Image

are the bright lights in this photo reflections from the flash or are they orbs?

#82 Spookycrits

Spookycrits

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 08:46 AM

I'm from Lancaster, PA...born and raised. There are so many sites here in Lancaster that are haunted. Reading through this thread some we mentioned but some haven't. I have been to many throughout in and out of Lancaster County but had the most in Lancaster City.

Here's a list:

Stevens House Condinimums located at 10 S. Prince Street. Used to be a hotel many, many years ago and now are condinimums. This is a very old building. Many say it was a whore house. Anyway, had 2 friends who lived in the building. As soon as you walk in the building, you get this gloomy feeling and walking the hallways would have the hairs on my back stick up. One of my friends said she always felt mad in her apt. Come to think of it, I always felt depressed in this building. It would have me go through so many mood changes that I would be exhausted when I came home. She mentioned that there were always fights between the couples that lived next to her on both sides. She would tell me how she would feel someone hitting her when laying down, so much that she would feel sore when getting up. I few times I felt someone trying to hold on to me from the back.

Now with my other friend who lived several floors up from my other friend, her apt was hell. You always felt like you weren't alone and that you were starred at. I always felt like something was holding me back too and my friend told me she felt the same. She also said she would hear babies and kids crying.

Fulton Opera House located right across the street on 12 N. Prince St. I have been to the Fulton many times to see shows and every time I felt something else was lurking around. I have been tapped on my shoulder, I have seen figures and at one point heard someone yelling.

Lancaster Cemetary/St. Mary's Cemetary located together and can be seen on Lemon St, Park Ave and Plum St. Very active and a few experiences. Feel sorry for the people who live along this cemetary....

#83 Mercury

Mercury

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Well, I have many intrests. The Supernatural is obvious.<br /><br />Art, like beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I do alot of art, and not to toot my own horn, I'm darn good at it. Its something I'm proud of.<br /><br />Antiques are another passion of mine. Be it furniture, or World War 1 era weapons and collectibles. Which leads to the last intrest I'll post.<br /><br />History. I Love history. Though I do take the most intrest in events after the American Revolution.

Posted 01 November 2009 - 11:17 AM

I only know the Pittsburgh area. Thats were I was born and raised. Opposite side of the state.

#84 Aries88

Aries88

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 03:15 AM

Thanks man, I will deffinitley let you know what happens, evp, and video will get gotten so be ready for something good.

On second thought, Rehmeyer's house is not after that sharp left turn I mentioned. It comes up sooner on the road. After you enter the woods themselves, the trees will suddenly open up a bit. Keep an eye out on your right as you make a gradual left turn and descend downwards. It's right off the road.

Here is a picture of the house to look out for...

Posted Image

Hey, I was born and raised in York, and Rehmeyer's Hollow is absolutely worth checking out!

I had an incredibly terrifying experience there. I went and checked out the house with 2 friends of mine. As soon as we decided to leave and drive away, we saw a woman standing in the middle of the road directly in front of our car...kind of old fashioned looking but looked like a solid human. We had no time to stop before her, and "hit" her, felt the bump, freaked out and jumped out of the car. No one was there.

I am not making this up at all...looking back, it was a pretty cool experience to have, but absolutely terrified me. None of us talked the rest of the way home.

From the history of Rehmeyer's that I know of, I don't know anything about a woman who may have been murdered or anything like that. If anyone's knows of a woman's role in this story, let me know! I'd love to know who she is.

#85 Plegreesheexy

Plegreesheexy

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Playing sports

Posted 29 December 2009 - 06:52 AM

I know I saw a couple people from around the Pittsburgh,PA area. I could do a city or regional, if you are still looking.

#86 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 03:14 PM

The Army War College here in Carlisle, Pa is haunted. I had an experience with Lucy Pretty Eagle when I was there with a postie friend of mine several years ago. She's mormon, and still acknowledged Lucy being there.

Posted Image

#87 BringOnTheGhosts

BringOnTheGhosts

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 12:29 PM

Hey welcome to ghost village :) One of the best ways to find haunted locations in certain cities is to Google Shadowlands- then the name of the city. It should give you a list of all the cities and haunted locations in Pennsylvania. Hope that helps :)
One bright day in the middle of the night,Two dead boys got up to fight,Back to back they faced each other,Drew their swords and shot each other,A deaf policeman heard the noise,And went to save those two dead boys,If you donít believe itís true,Ask the blind man he saw it too.

#88 telltaleh

telltaleh

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 11:58 AM

I believe you were near one of the old Spring Houses the foundation of one of them. I used to be into the occult when I was younger, and did indepth study on that place. Rehmeyer does not haunt Rehmeyer's Hollow. I have only spoken with two people "who by the way were not superstitous" who didn't believe there is a God or Devil. They described what they have seen to a T. Very few people have seen or even drawn the 9. And are actually alive to say so. The reason why that place is very evil is the actual 6th is down there. After they looked at it and ran back to their car, thorn bushes literally sprang up and blocked their way. The one broke his ankle and was cut up pretty bad by the thorns. The other had gashes in his leg where he had to gauze them up. After that night they do believe that evil exists, and their visual description matches with the few occult scholars drawings or diagrams of it. Anyways, I equate what your curiousity in going there is like....

A person granted permission to run through a maximum security prison (The Hollow), only eventually the prison guards randomly hit switches to different cells, and it literally is like a worse form of russian roullette. Hopefully, you make it to the good exit.

Anyways, I will add this post from another older site of what I've been saying for awhile now.

-I am being honest about The Hollow. I used to be facinated by it when I was younger. Visited it several times, until I almost "stayed there" if you know what I mean. I have jogged the length of it now adays, but will make sure I am out of there before sundown.

Facts:

1) There are numerous evil spirits down there of all different types.
2) The actual "6th" is located there.
3) Many people have died down there within the last 9 decades whether by humans or the nethers.
4) It is not a place to taunt spirits or be curious about in passing.
5) Worst time to go there (Full Moon - when the gate is widest or any of the 9 for that matter) and as there is a full moon and a complete fog where you can't see 2 feet in front of your car. Not a place to be in that moment. Spirits tend to travel with the mist.

I don't go down there to jog anymore, but to very rarely with my kids eat a picnic lunch. Daytime around noon. That is about it.

You can email me, and I will give you every reason in the book not to search for those things.

#89 telltaleh

telltaleh

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 12:02 PM

I apologize my last post was for the member Squatch

#90 nootron

nootron

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 12:39 AM

there is this really weird place called moonshine church over by the gap (army base). theres a cemetary across the street and there are 6 men called he blue eyed 6 buried there. There graves are unmarked so dont bother looking. Ive been there and a lot of very wierd stuff goes on up there.

Yes, it is true that strange things happen at both the church and the cemetery, it is absolutely 100% false that any members of the Blue-eyed Six are buried there. I know, you will see references all over the internet that they are, but they most definitely are not. One is buried near a tank trail on the Gap, two are buried in Mt Lebanon cemetery, and I don't remember where the others are. The man they murdered, however is buried there. Raber is his name and the headstone is fairly new, due to vandals stealing the original. It is located on the right half of the cemetery as you are facing it from the gate. As far as other haunted areas in Central Pa, look up Hawk Mountain and New Bethel Cemetery. Very interesting history... :Spaz:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users