Looking for Haunted places in PA

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#91 TeeWHY

TeeWHY

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 05:38 AM

I believe you were near one of the old Spring Houses the foundation of one of them. I used to be into the occult when I was younger, and did indepth study on that place. Rehmeyer does not haunt Rehmeyer's Hollow. I have only spoken with two people "who by the way were not superstitous" who didn't believe there is a God or Devil. They described what they have seen to a T. Very few people have seen or even drawn the 9. And are actually alive to say so. The reason why that place is very evil is the actual 6th is down there. After they looked at it and ran back to their car, thorn bushes literally sprang up and blocked their way. The one broke his ankle and was cut up pretty bad by the thorns. The other had gashes in his leg where he had to gauze them up. After that night they do believe that evil exists, and their visual description matches with the few occult scholars drawings or diagrams of it. Anyways, I equate what your curiousity in going there is like....

A person granted permission to run through a maximum security prison (The Hollow), only eventually the prison guards randomly hit switches to different cells, and it literally is like a worse form of russian roullette. Hopefully, you make it to the good exit.

Anyways, I will add this post from another older site of what I've been saying for awhile now.

-I am being honest about The Hollow. I used to be facinated by it when I was younger. Visited it several times, until I almost "stayed there" if you know what I mean. I have jogged the length of it now adays, but will make sure I am out of there before sundown.

Facts:

1) There are numerous evil spirits down there of all different types.
2) The actual "6th" is located there.
3) Many people have died down there within the last 9 decades whether by humans or the nethers.
4) It is not a place to taunt spirits or be curious about in passing.
5) Worst time to go there (Full Moon - when the gate is widest or any of the 9 for that matter) and as there is a full moon and a complete fog where you can't see 2 feet in front of your car. Not a place to be in that moment. Spirits tend to travel with the mist.

I don't go down there to jog anymore, but to very rarely with my kids eat a picnic lunch. Daytime around noon. That is about it.

You can email me, and I will give you every reason in the book not to search for those things.

I'm sorry but I don't quite understand what you mean by the "9" or the "6th"? I dont mean to sound stupid but i definitely plan on visiting this place but I'm not exactly keen on being Shanked by any ghost (and/or any "number" haha)
If you could explain that would be so appreciated.

#92 TeeWHY

TeeWHY

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 05:51 AM

there is this really weird place called moonshine church over by the gap (army base). theres a cemetary across the street and there are 6 men called he blue eyed 6 buried there. There graves are unmarked so dont bother looking. Ive been there and a lot of very wierd stuff goes on up there.

Yes, it is true that strange things happen at both the church and the cemetery, it is absolutely 100% false that any members of the Blue-eyed Six are buried there. I know, you will see references all over the internet that they are, but they most definitely are not. One is buried near a tank trail on the Gap, two are buried in Mt Lebanon cemetery, and I don't remember where the others are. The man they murdered, however is buried there. Raber is his name and the headstone is fairly new, due to vandals stealing the original. It is located on the right half of the cemetery as you are facing it from the gate. As far as other haunted areas in Central Pa, look up Hawk Mountain and New Bethel Cemetery. Very interesting history... :lol:

You are so right about this place. I live in harrisburg and I've been here numerous times. We actually just tried to go tonight but our driver couldn't quite remember where it was because he thought it was on moonshine rd. which now has a different name. Needless to say we ended up going home but we plan on going back when we remember for sure. (Hopefully tomorrow night) I don't really want to explain what i saw the first night because not even i believe it to this day, though 5 others in the car experienced the same. But the second time i went was totally based off of the feeling i had the first time so it was pretty intense. We went up with a few friends and walked around a bit and just took in that rush. Its a gorgeous place for how creepy it is and i seriously hope no more vandalism comes to the graves. Its definitely a perfect spot to check out.

P.S. If nothing goes on and your kind of bummed. Before you leave, let everyone else go back to the car except for the closest friend there. Knock on the door a few times.
Don't expect anything because i don't want to disappoint you but you can at least try... It worked once for Shawn and I.

#93 kellykid

kellykid

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 07:07 PM

I live in philadelphia. can anyone tell me any haunted places within a hour an a half. thank you

#94 benngrym

benngrym

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 07:51 PM

has anyone read a book called weird pennsylvania it has a ton of supposed haunted places in it, and a tom of them were by york. the funny thing was i live in pittsburgh and they said they heard about a midget farm, bbut never found one and there is one here. my cousin was trespassed from it at a younger age. unfortunatley a week or two back there was a fire there and he was a fire man, he called to tell me he went there for the first time with permission, but anyway i will get back with you to some places around pa ive read about as soon as i can

#95 crazycatwoman

crazycatwoman

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 07:36 AM

has anyone read a book called weird pennsylvania it has a ton of supposed haunted places in it, and a tom of them were by york. the funny thing was i live in pittsburgh and they said they heard about a midget farm, bbut never found one and there is one here. my cousin was trespassed from it at a younger age. unfortunatley a week or two back there was a fire there and he was a fire man, he called to tell me he went there for the first time with permission, but anyway i will get back with you to some places around pa ive read about as soon as i can

Yeah, I have Weird Pennsylvania book. I haven't really gone to many of the places yet.

#96 pipervali

pipervali

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:52 PM

I'm surprised there's not more talk about Berks County in this thread. I was born and raised near Reading, and it seems there's all kinds of interesting hauntings within the county. Charlie Adams has managed to get 3 or 4 full books out of it.

One I can 'confirm' myself is the woman and her children who haunt the walking/biking path at Grings Mill park. Around the turn of the 20th century, a young mother took her children out for an afternoon picnic along the canal. According to the legend, her husband was going to leave her for another woman, and was going to take her son away from her, allowing her to keep the older daughters. So she takes all three to the canal, has them play a 'game' of collecting stones. In the end, she tied the bag of stones to herself, gathered up the children, and jumped into the canal. All four of them drowned, right near what used to be old Lock 49.

We had been walking the family dog down around this area about ten years ago now, just myself, my mother, and my aunt. It wasn't very late, but it was early fall, so the sun was setting, not enough to be pitch dark, but so that there wasn't too much light anymore. Our dog literally stopped dead still. I remember thinking he had seen an animal of some sort and was getting ready to try and make a break for it and chase. But when I looked up the walking path, I saw a shadow of something, just a faint, whitish outline, maybe about 200 yards in front of us. I turned to look at my mother, to see if she was experiencing the same thing, and as I turned, I felt what I can only describe as a very gentle, light finger sliding from the nape of my neck to the collar of my shirt. I turned back around when I felt the dog pull on his leash, and the 'figure' was totally gone. I kind of freaked out, and insisted we turned back around the path and head to the car.

Days later I found out about the Bissinger family story at Gring's Mill, after doing a little research. Apparently quite a few people have heard splashes in the water around the place of the drowning. And there have been reports of ghostly wet hand prints on the back of visitors' shirts. That wasn't what I experienced, but I can't help but feel as though whatever I saw that night was indeed one of the Bissinger children.

#97 K.A.S.

K.A.S.

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:32 PM

Went through the hollow yesterday and couldnt find the house. Ive been down there a few times and dont remember seeing it. Which road is it on?

#98 Widdershins

Widdershins

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:57 PM

I mentioned a haunted road in Cambria Co. in W PA in a thread about animals sensing ghosts yesterday and today I found a reference to checking Shadowlands (use Google) for hauntings. So I checked the Pennsylvania page, but the haunted road wasn't mentioned, even though it's well-known locally.

The road is unnamed and I was told that it originally was a logging road, but it now leads to the Strittmatter private airport. I looked it up on Google Maps just now, too, so it's still there. It can be found by taking old Rt. 219 from Ebensburg toward Carrolltown and turning off on Lemon Drop Road (a right turn). It's another right turn just before a sharp curve.

Local people avoided the road back when I was a kid and I was warned to stay off it at twilight, especially. I don't recall hearing what was supposed to happen, but almost everyone said that it was a place that "felt bad" to them. We had a family cottage each summer at the old Lonely Acres Resort nearby (it was just past the bad curve) and I used to love to take long walks with my dog around the (then) very rural area, which is how I ended up on the haunted road at twilight--I didn't have a watch and estimated the time wrong.

The ghost my dog and I saw was entirely solid and real-looking, but he didn't seem to see us and his heavy boots made no sound at all on the red dog gravel. As soon as I have time, I'll write up what happened. That area had a lot of hauntings and I wish my memory was better so that there will be some record of them. I'll ask my sister what she remembers and post it in this thread.

Widdershins

#99 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 25 November 2011 - 01:10 AM

Well... Can add Lamberton Middle School to the list of Pa hauntings.

One of my coworkers heard someone running in the boys locker room on Tuseday evening when we were going around gathering up the trash after conferences. I was the only other person in the building with her at the time, and I was in the boy's side gym entry putting the trashcan I'd just emptied back in its spot when she heard it. She said it sounded like someone with sneakers on, which for the record, neither one of us were wearing at the time, plus the face that even though I'd been moving kinda fast when I was bringing the can in, I didn't make nearly enough noise for her to have really heard me over sweeping up some debris off the floor.

Posted Image

Cry Havoc! And let loose the Dobermans of war!

My knitting and crocheting blog.

Life is too short to take seriously, none of us get out of it alive.

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

http://www.nomorerack.com/?cr=9281971

#100 darklivid

darklivid

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 02:26 PM

hi all a new member here.i live in jonestown does anyone know any haunted locations there? I the apartment i live in i have a ghost living with me and she friendly and likes me.I havent completely see her yet only white mist and little orbs but hoping i get to and hear her.

#101 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:04 AM

Not sure if the Molly Pitcher graveyard is haunted but there's certainly aat least a couple fairly visually interesting gravemarkers there.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cry Havoc! And let loose the Dobermans of war!

My knitting and crocheting blog.

Life is too short to take seriously, none of us get out of it alive.

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

http://www.nomorerack.com/?cr=9281971

#102 jkachuba

jkachuba

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:48 PM

Check out "Ghosthunting Pennsylvania" (Clerisy Press) by Rosemary Ellen Guiley. It has locations from all across the state and everyone of them are open to the public.

John Kachuba

#103 Davetropic

Davetropic

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:52 PM

Hey, for everyone looking for Haunted places in and around Lancaster.
1. Lancaster County Park : Susies Hole
Legend has it Susie was raped and drowned at a spot at the park
When people swim some claim to feel a hand tug them in the water.

2. Fulton Opera House : Underground prison where the Susquehannock Tribe
Were keep and massacred by the Paxtons.

3 Hans Herr House : restless Hans Herr, benevolent.

4. Chickies Rock : visited by the show Paranormal State, many
Native american lore, including the Albawitch creature.
off route 441.

5. Franklin and Marshall College, haunted by dead female student.
Dorms and theater building.

6. Bubes Brewery : Mount Joy, visited by Ghost Hunters.
Warning these spirits can be manevolent.

7. Just about all of Strasburg.

8. Village of Manor Green on manor st, double homicide took place, the victims are not at
Peace.

9. The 666 Bridge: old wagon bridge out in Landisville or Donegal area,
Legend of an occult group that opened a door way that has not since been closed.
From midnight until dusk aka the witching hour you drive, shut off your car and lights.
In time you will see a figure. All I have heard is no one has stuck around to find out.
Rumor is that vechicles dont start, the figure sprints.

10. The top spot in Gettysburg..... Devils Den.

My name is Dave, I am by no means an expert, nor an expert, I am a very novice hunter.
I have lived in Lancaster, born an raised and well traveled in state, I have served for years in the Navy and been abroad. I am more of an observer and documenter of lore and legend. The paranormal is a passion, but there is a point I dont go. If anyone seeks places I know tons more and will provide all that I know about the location. Please for those who do go with caution, and dont go alone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users