43 replies to this topic

#16 Pink_Pear

Pink_Pear

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 21 June 2003 - 01:40 PM

I've never been to Gettysburgh, but...

The ghost tours in Savannah, Georgia seem very genuine to me.  It is a very haunted city and a great place to visit.  I used to live there.

I've been on tours in the New England area, however, that "felt" fake to me.  And they cost much more than in Savannah!    

#17 neenee112

neenee112

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 04:23 AM

Hi, because I live here I've heard alot of stories.   and lived in a haunted house growing up.                      savannah is a great place to hunt.    go on a walk or three, but you can pretty much go any place here,,its all good here.       i would love to join any one on any hunts here,,,but count me out of the forts,,i get to depressed at em.       you can walk down the street and run into someone that has,or knows someone with ghost stories(true ones)     any house has something going on .like I said ,,its a great place.

#18 onebigmickeyfan

onebigmickeyfan

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:I am the Cincinnati Rep for Coast to Coast Dachshund Rescue as well as Dachshund Rescue of Southwestern Ohio. I do transports, fostering, homechecks, fund raising. Whatever needs to be done for dachshunds in need. We take dachshunds who might otherwise be put down in shelters, or from bad situations (puppymills, back yard breeders, abuse situations) and we work with them till they are ready to be adopted, we find them good homes where they can spend their lives spoiled and loved as ever dog should be. <br>When I have spare time I love reading (mostly ghost stories, ect...), sewing, and working with polyclay. I also like to spend some time looking for ghosts.

Posted 14 September 2003 - 04:27 PM

We did the Ghosts of Gettysburg tour last halloween.  They follows closly to the stories in the Ghosts of Gettysburg series of books by Mark Nesbitt who also owns the Ghosts of Gettyburg tours.  All the books are very good.  We did it mainly for fun being Halloween and all.  If you are looking for real ghosts and real haunted places just go walking in Gettysburg in town or on the fields and you've found them, take your camera, a flashlight and be prepared to find something because you will.  I can't wait to make another trip there.
Lori P.Milford, OHLorimar's Miniature Dachshunds"Dogs are not our whole life but they make our lives whole." Roger Caras

#19 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 09 December 2003 - 10:28 PM

[smiley=cwm27.gif] how about the new villagers?
Posted Image

#20 snap43nib

snap43nib

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 12:43 AM

We didn't go on ghost walk.  I'm a cheapskate and tend to not hit up the tourist trap type activities.  See the ghosts walks are a business and although the stories may be true, but I'm sure they add to them to make them more exciting and or interesting.
I'm trapped in my American Nightmare Running Scared.

#21 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 02:30 PM

I think the ghost walks are bogus. People trying to capitalize on all the history of Gettysburg. But I believe that many people have seen/and or experienced  things independently on their own tours of the battlefield.
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#22 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 02:35 PM

Well I also feel that a good bit of it is made up as time goes on like any good ghost story goes. I have never been on one myself and dont actually plan on it anytime soon. I prefer to venture out on my own into the unknown. If I find something then great if I dont then just as good anyway, I still had a great time and didnt pay somebody to drag me around.
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#23 yawn

yawn

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 07:09 AM

I think these walks are a great big waste of time.  We pay people to give us a tour of the city and fill us with BS. There may be times when the story they tell is partially true, but I don't think there's as much truth as we want to believe. Hell, I'd rather find an old person whose lived in a town for their entire lives and have a cup of coffee with them and actually learn about the place than to pay someone to fill me full of it.  

#24 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 11:20 AM

Here here Yawn! Old people are living libraries! ;D
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#25 yawn

yawn

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 11:26 AM

Old people can be mean as we've seen in another thread, but they also have all the inside information on a place.  Next time you want to spend money on one of these walks, go find a "village elder" and buy them lunch.  It could be the best $20 you ever spend.  They LOVE to tell stories.

#26 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 04:46 PM

You have guessed my favorite passtime, LOL. I have done exactly that so many times its not even funny. I have made so many friends doing research, and I have gotten information that cant be found anywhere else.
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#27 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 07:45 PM

I agree that the ghost walks are more along the lines of theatrics and cool ghost stories but I do want to do the Ripper Walk in London.

Elders KICK ALL THE BUTT! Once approached with the proper respect*LOL*Better than local Historians since the LH prolly
had the same idea as you as far as talking with older people
then cross-referencing against known history
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#28 kennedy_cougar

kennedy_cougar

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 December 2003 - 05:11 AM

I THINK THE STORIES ARE TOTALLY TRUE BECAUSE FROM WHAT I HEARD, SO MANY PEOPLE DIED THERE IN THAT BATTLE AND NO ONE BOTHERED TO REMOVE THEIR BODIES. I THINK THERE WOULD BE PLENTY OF GHOST WALKIN GOIN ON THERE.  ;D ;) :) :-* [smiley=cwm11.gif]
IS IT TRUE THAT I EXIST?HERE IS THE TEST TO FIND WHETHER OR NOT YOUR MISSION ON EARTH IS FINISHED, IF YOUR ALIVE, IT ISNT.Richard Bach

• Guests

Posted 15 December 2003 - 01:11 PM

I've never been on one of these ghost walks, but I would be interested to do so.  I am not sure if they are real or fake but I do believe that behind every myth or story there is some truth behind it. I think the facts get stretched out a bit to make it more interesting.

#30 lmackey

lmackey

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 05:47 PM

Even the myth stories are interesting, in my opinion.  I have researched MANY ghost lores and I find it quite entertaining to hear 5 differnt stories about the same place.  my, my, my.....
lmackey, the (Ghost) Village Idiot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users