• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 05:46 PM

I was visiting about.com today, and a link for Haunted Hotels was on their home page. I thought I'd post it here for some interesting reading!

http://hotels.about....mosthaunted.htm

At the end of the article are additional links for haunted sites.
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#2 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 06:38 PM

Great link, thanks Holly.
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#3 wiccanroseblue78

wiccanroseblue78

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Location:x1|binghamton|USA|usa|478|95|NY,New_Yorkx1|binghamton|USA|usa|478|95|NY,New_York

Posted 25 July 2004 - 07:06 PM

thanks holly that was fun...
wiccanrose

#4 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 05:24 PM

I'm glad you're enjoying the link!!

A statement was deleted due to the fact that the question asked was about a post that I deleted. CK
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#5 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 29 July 2004 - 07:41 AM

I'm actually craving to stay in a haunted hotel, preferably in New Orleans.  Heh...I have a list at home of possible places there when we go down.

I do have a question here though...apparently the Potoblahblahcan'tspellit hotel in New Orleans has a tale regarding a vampire sighted there?  I stumbled over that reference in a travel site that listed hotels, and gave you the option of choosing those with a haunted reputation.  (can't recall the exact site, but I reached it through a New Orleans specific site..).  At any rate, I couldn't find anything further on this particular tale.  Anyone know of it?

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#6 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 02:52 PM

Could it have been the Pontchartrain Hotel?

http://www.neworlean...untedhotels.htm

Pontchartrain Hotel - Garden District  

2031 Saint Charles Ave - New Orleans, La, Us 70115
The Pontchartrain is a first class hotel located in the Garden District of New Orleans, and is 2 miles from the French Quarter and 14 miles from New Orleans International Airport. A cherished landmark in the historic Garden District of New Orleans, The Pontchartrain Hotel has been satisfying the desires of its discerning guests since the 1920s. With the beautiful, historic location and longstanding tradition of hospitality, the hotel truly is the heart and soul of New Orleans...The hotel is host to many ghosts including a pair of sisters who once owned the building, a famed countess, and a man some believe was a vampire
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#7 opterasis

opterasis

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 03:57 PM

Anyone see any haunted hotel lists in Mass?
myspace.com/corecontagionmy DVDAF

#8 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 30 July 2004 - 05:54 AM

That's the hotel Cajun...and that's the website that I first stumbled across the suspected vampire reference!  :)  For some bizzare reason, I can't spell the hotel name.  And when I click on the offered link on that page, I get nothing.  

So I'm still wondering where I can find more info on that.  

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#9 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 07:03 AM

Hey Thanks Holly!

The thought of the Marriot in Washington, DC makes me want to spend the night there. I love an adventure.

Thanks again,

Hunny
I smile because I have no idea of what's going on.

#10 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 06:15 AM

Here is a short list from several states. Scroll down to list

http://www.allstays....ial/haunted.htm

#11 Noelle1966

Noelle1966

Uses WD-40 for evil purposes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
  • Interests:Animals, ice skating, pets, animal issues, historical societies, travelling, and of course - ghost hunting.

Posted 31 July 2004 - 07:31 AM

Holly - that's a great link wih lots of information.  I have stayed at some of the bed and breakfasts.  I did visit the Queen Mary in Long Beach, CA.  I would have loved to have stayed the night, but I think I'll save that for my honeymoon  ;D (which may or may not ever come).
The reason that a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail and not his tongue.Do unto others, then run.Life's messy. Clean it up.

#12 Noelle1966

Noelle1966

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
  • Interests:Animals, ice skating, pets, animal issues, historical societies, travelling, and of course - ghost hunting.

Posted 31 July 2004 - 07:33 AM

Cajun - great link, also.  The ghost hunters that I met in St. Augustine were talking a lot about the Bailey House on Anastasia Island near St. Augustine.  I had never heard of it until they mentioned it.  Now I have to check it out. :)
The reason that a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail and not his tongue.Do unto others, then run.Life's messy. Clean it up.

#13 MsMercury01

MsMercury01

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 07:59 PM

Thanks for that link! I'm not far from New Orleans so there are some haunted places i'd like to stay in.
Teri

#14 ghosthunterchick

ghosthunterchick

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 11:30 PM

hey holly i was wondering if you can help me find any haunted houses here in los angeles so far ive had no luck

#15 Noelle1966

Noelle1966

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 10:16 AM

Ghosthunterchick - have you ever watch the Travel Channel?  They often have shows on about haunted places in Hollywood.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users