21 replies to this topic

#16 jericho

jericho

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Location:x0|lawrence|USA||0|0|KS,Kansasx0|lawrence|USA||0|0|KS,Kansas

Posted 11 August 2004 - 05:33 PM

Dear GBuster's girlfriend:

I seriously doubt that going to Stull was the cause of your problems on those days, but then again, I'm a skeptic, so what's my word mean?

For what it's worth, I have chunks of the church itself- from mortar and the bricks themselves- in my house, and I haven't had one episode of creepiness happen since I obtained them. Also, I keep a piece of the charred main beam of the roof of the church in my pocket as a good luck charm, and I've yet to see any repercussions from it- neither curses from the black depths of the evil miasma that flows beneath the sunny consciousness of everyday life, or Dark Gifts from Below.

In other words, it's probably all hokey.

I've been giving some thought to the nature of ghostly manifestations lately, and the more I ponder, the more I think that ghosts are not the spirits of the individuals who have shuffled off this mortal coil, but flashes of memory of the surroundings where intense emotion has been displayed- in  other words, it's not your Aunt Sally, it's the memories of the rocks, trees and buildings that you're seeing.

Besides, I don't mean to sound like I'm flaming, but hasn't anyone else noticed that nine times out of ten, those who believe in and expound upon the supernatural are people with such dull lives that they have to enlist the aid of ephemera and arcanum to make themselves or their dull existances seem worth hearing about? I'm really not trying to offend, just pointing out something I've noticed. Kinda like how alien abductions only happen to inbred, isolated Kansas boys....oh, wait...

jericho

Jericho

#17 Guest_Ghostbuter20_*

Guest_Ghostbuter20_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2004 - 03:24 PM

Actually, my boyfriend wrote that. Honestly, I don't believe in the fact his car problems were caused by Stull. He's been having car problems for years due to the fact he always has crap cars, though not by choice. Nothing happened to me, but then I didn't go into the cemetery and nothing happened to anyone else, and there were three other guys who went.
Alien abductions happen to people EVERYWHERE not just Kansas. Are you an isolated Kansas boy?

#18 Countess

Countess

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 07:26 PM

Jericho, I am curious? Do you collect momentos from other such haunted locations? I have many such pieces myself, some from old and now paved over, built over cemeterys. Aliens, well you gotta be careful there, that's a hot topic for some. (0:
I find the whole history of Borley Rectory most fasinating to reasearch.I wish I could have visited it when it was still in existance.

#19 jericho

jericho

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 10:19 AM

Countess, yes I do collect souvenirs, always, and especially if I'm going to  a place reported to be haunted. I don't really know why, I suppose... just a hobby. The most fun I have, though, is with the piece of the church's main beam from the church that I carry around as a charm. There's been a good number of people that when I tell them what it is, they flip out.. alot of people around here believe in the Stull myth.

I know I have a bit of a brash and skeptic manner... if you read one of my first posts, I mentioned something about being a skeptic who wants to be proven wrong... Well, to elaborate on that, quite honestly, I feel cheated.  Every time I hear about someone having an encounter and reporting fright, I feel like it's unfair- me, I'd talk to the ghost, try to make friends... at least hear what they're trying to say.. But no. I've been in some of the most haunted places in the country, including St. Augustine and of course Stull, ready and willing to experience...whatever, and I get dick. Grrrrrr. Maybe I have some sort of anti-ghost charm.

Sometime this week I'll go through my pictures of Stull and the other cemetary nearby (I call it the Rake cemetery)... where do I post them? Right here on the forums, or what? Let me know.

Jericho

#20 Guest_Ghostbuter20_*

Guest_Ghostbuter20_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2004 - 12:32 PM

Maybe your more skeptical than you either realize or willing to let on. I saw my first ghost when I was twelve and I wasn't in any famous place. Just a local Iowa museum which was used as part of the Underground Railroad. The museum used to be a house where this family lived and the youngest girl died while sliding down the bannister.
I was twelve. My last ghost sighting was about three years ago, give or take. Unless your a hard-core skeptic, give it time. That's all I can say because in most cases, you have to.

#21 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 01:44 PM

Feel free to post your pictures on the spiritograph board.
Dont feel cheated some people never see anything and others see things all the time. I will say this though, if you are looking for something you will never find it. When you least expect it is when it happens. If you have a mind set of finding and getting proof for yourself or others then you are going about it all wrong. Take your time and let things come together on their own.
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#22 jericho

jericho

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 11:13 AM

This is so cool... I went down to the History Museum here and learned what I could about Stull... The earliest article I could fins about the church and the devil and all that was from the 70s, although akll the articles said that locals claimed the legends began in the 1860s at least. No luck finding the staircase, but I'm going back teusday to rummage more. Given that I've read everything online, have interviewed locals, and now have access to the archives at the history museum, I hereby declare myself an expert on the place. Ask me what you will, I have the answers! Mwahaha!

But that's not the cool part... this is..

So, I'm going through the files up there in the second floor office, and I find one titled "ghosts". When open it up, the FIRST thing I see is MY ADDRESS, highlighted in yellow on a piece of paper that says:

1XX9 Ohio Street

July 13, 1994

Patron called to ask if we could determine the names of persons possibly murdered at 1XX9 Ohio. They understood that there had been a murder of a woman and a child and a suicide but do not know the names or the dates of the incident. Have asked the police and claim the police acknowledge such a happening but will not give specifics. Says that when they first called the police about the "ghosts" they have seen in the house, the police gave the address for the house and knew already which house they were referring to.

The residents of the house have been experienceing strange happenings. Some have seen a "ghost" of a little girl about 7 or 8 with a brown dress and page-boy hair style on the 2nd floor. A man has been seen in the basement and seemed malevolent. Lights have come on in the house in the middle of the night of their own accord, residents have awakened feeling a weight on them but not seen anyone. Sometimes the beds vibrate. Some have felt a presence of someone sitting on the bed. A feeling of electricity in the air has been experienced on other occasions. Patron stated that during the past week, guests were so frightened that they ran out of the house screaming and would not go back in. The leases are expiring at the end of the month and patron does not think anyone plans to stay as residents there.

Research at WCM (the history museum) did not reveal any information to shed light on this. The lot # for 1XX9 Ohio is UO 2XX1. Suggested patron check tax records to find the names of the four other owners between the years 1946 and 1961.

Now, given that that's the FIRST thing that was in the file, HOW COOL IS THAT???

For any of you who live in older buildings that are or might be haunted, and want to find out more about the location, go to the history museum in your area and ask to see the "site files"....then just look up the address.

Jericho

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users