Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#17 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 02:26 PM

beds being made by them self, cold spots, feeling like they are being watched stuff like that. i read alot of chat rooms online and they say the same stuff :o

#18 Mykiedave

Mykiedave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 03:06 PM

To be honest, sounds like Urban Legend to me too. It was featured on the Travel Chanels Creepiest Destinations, but there were no mentions of hauntings.
They tend not to shy away from things like that, especially since it is now a B and B.
Growing old is mandatory... growing UP is optional.I didn't say it was YOUR fault, I SAID I was going to BLAME you.The nice thing about being Senile is, I can hide my own Easter Eggs.Posted Image

#19 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 05:29 PM

I know its haunted

#20 Prometheus

Prometheus

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 07:03 PM

Seems odd to me that it would'nt be mentioned on a program such as that.It has been reported by several people that the spirit of Lizzie has been seen on several occasions and a hosts of manifestation were reported on site.Since becoming a B&B,I dont know if anything has been reported but it was quite active at one point.The cemetary is not one that I have heard mention of though.

#21 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 07:53 PM

Fall River - 92 Second St. Fall River/ Bed & Breakfast - This is the house where Lizzie Borden lived and supposedly killed her father and step mother, Andrew and Abbey Borden. Cold spots are reported and doors open and close by themselves. Many ghosts have appeared and disappeared especially in the second floor bedroom where the murder took place

Fall River - Oak Grove Cemetery - Witnesses report seeing lights in the cemetery and some have even heard screaming from the Borden family plot, accompanied with bad feelings
http://www.theshadow...ssachusetts.htm
this is what the local people say too

#22 deadzone

deadzone

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Interests:I am a Clinical Psychologist, who uses a non-linear approach to helping individuals....Hence, my healthy obsession with the paranormal.....I enjoy debating, research, writing, plays, theater, designing web sites, and graphics, although not well versed in this area, I have fun doing it. I Adore animals and have several, a cat named Cuda, a dog named Skeeter, a horse named Diablo, a betta who fights with himself. I also paint, and blow glass......

Posted 29 June 2004 - 09:08 PM

http://www.law.umkc....enarticles.html
Posted Image

#23 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 02:23 PM

I  give up on this thread lol

#24 Ghost_Tracer

Ghost_Tracer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Location:x1|Albany|USA|usa|494|81|NY,New_Yorkx1|Albany|USA|usa|494|81|NY,New_Yorkx1|Albany|USA|usa|494|81|NY,New_Yorkx1x1|Albany|USA|usa|

Posted 30 June 2004 - 02:30 PM

With all due respect I find it hard to say that someplace is haunted or not haunted unless I have personally been there.  Call me a show me person, or whatever, but that's me.

Much like the houses where the LaBianca (spelling?) and Tate murders took place (supposedly haunted as well) at the hands of the Manson Family, these places inevitably attract more urban legend than fact, unfortunately.  But remeber, every legend has that fact on which it is based.

Bottom line...like I plan to do, you can either go there and see for yourself and make your own decisions or at least consider the validity to the findings made via an investigation performed by a proven, legitimate paranormal group like TRIPRG or TAPS.

#25 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 02:31 AM

lol I live a block away from this place, but hey what do I know.

here are some links
http://www.ghostmag....ieBordenBB.html

http://money.cnn.com...tedhospitality/
Investigations
http://www.ghostinve...hlights/lbh.htm

http://www.janedoherty.com/lizzie1.htm

I still think she is guilty. the fact that she burnt her clothes in the back yard and the fact that she lied to the maid when she said a relitive was sick and needed her at another house. ;D

#26 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 03:19 AM

Bottom line...like I plan to do, you can either go there and see for yourself and make your own decisions or at least consider the validity to the findings made via an investigation performed by a proven, legitimate paranormal group like TRIPRG or TAPS.

With all due respect why would Al Tyas who was personally trained by Jason Hawes, founder of The Atlantic Paranormal Society (TAPS) have the Lizzie Borden house as one of the haunted places he visited?

http://www.dchauntin...m/director.html

#27 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 01 July 2004 - 03:29 AM

With all due respect I find it hard to say that someplace is haunted or not haunted unless I have personally been there.  Call me a show me person, or whatever, but that's me.

but is it practical? and is it wise? there are a million haunted places all around the world, and just because you haven;t been there personally doesn't CHANGE anything! It is something like, we have numerous boards in GV and plenty of threads within, just because you haven'y visited some of them nor have posted in them doesn't make them any different! my thoughts!
Posted Image

#28 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 04:55 AM

I like this thread because we have different ideas on the subject and can share them knowing our opinions will be respected.
If we were all the same, wouldn't we be a boring little group?!
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#29 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 05:09 AM

yeah but when people hear that its at a murder site or that there is a business and react instead of doing the homework and don't research anything. its like i'm talking to a six year old. lol

#30 Ghost_Tracer

Ghost_Tracer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Location:x1|Albany|USA|usa|494|81|NY,New_Yorkx1|Albany|USA|usa|494|81|NY,New_Yorkx1|Albany|USA|usa|494|81|NY,New_Yorkx1x1|Albany|USA|usa|

Posted 01 July 2004 - 05:32 AM

I've heard of TAPS before, but I can't say I've ever heard of Al Tyas or any of the hundreds of others that have gone to the Bed and Breakfast and experienced strange happenings.  Regardless of this I am not saying that Lizzie's place is or isn't haunted.  All that I am suggesting is that in some cases, especially where urban legend has so distorted what facts there are connected to a situation, people like myself have to see for themselves before committing themselves to an expressed final opinion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users