Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#32 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 05:59 AM

I have respect but when people don't do the research. its really tuff to have a conversation over a topic

#33 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 06:04 AM

I don't think it's a lack of research - Just different interpretations of the research and data. :)
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#34 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 06:05 AM

unsolved mystories

http://www.unsolved....ordenHouse.html

i didn't mean you aren't smart by saying a bunch of six year olds. what i ment bye that was its like talking to someone thats on the wrong page  :)

#35 Larry_Bickford

Larry_Bickford

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 10:37 AM

I guess I'm the only one who sees your point, Tracer.  

I've stayed overnight inside the  house on Second Street, Fall River, Mass. and found it to be quite active paranormally speaking, even unsettlingly so!

However, without the scientific data and established baselines from which to properly apply that data, my experiences there are but one person's opinion collectively applied along with thousands of other's.

Am I close? :)

#36 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 01 July 2004 - 10:43 AM

Welcome aboard to the wonderful GV world, Larry_Bickford! Enjoy the stay!

it is not that I don't understand your stance Tracer buddy....... as Larry has put it, there is reason to disbelieve...... but then, on the other side of FACTS, what IS truth?
Posted Image

#37 Ghost_Tracer

Ghost_Tracer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Location:x1|Albany|USA|usa|494|81|NY,New_Yorkx1|Albany|USA|usa|494|81|NY,New_Yorkx1|Albany|USA|usa|494|81|NY,New_Yorkx1x1|Albany|USA|usa|

Posted 01 July 2004 - 10:49 AM

Thank you...both!  That's all I was strivng to say. I didn't mean to cause a commotion.

#38 Mykiedave

Mykiedave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 06:22 PM

The fact of the matter is that until haunting can be proven scientifically, it is simply a matter of opinion. The only people who are on "the wrong page" arethe ones who have made up their minds without listening to the opinions of others. Being close minded to the skeptic is as bad as the skeptic being closed minded to the believer.
Growing old is mandatory... growing UP is optional.I didn't say it was YOUR fault, I SAID I was going to BLAME you.The nice thing about being Senile is, I can hide my own Easter Eggs.Posted Image

#39 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 12:16 AM

The fact of the matter is that until haunting can be proven scientifically, it is simply a matter of opinion. The only people who are on "the wrong page" arethe ones who have made up their minds without listening to the opinions of others. Being close minded to the skeptic is as bad as the skeptic being closed minded to the believer.

Mykiedave, at first i was very skeptical, but looking at the reports,investigations, encounters and listening to the opinions and encounters of others.I reached the conclusion tha its haunted. the people that did not look at this stuff are still are on "the wrong page" what proff/reason do people have that would make someone be sceptical. not everyone will encouter something there in fact i would say the odds are not in your favor.  

#40 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 12:26 AM

I also think the hype about the hauntings is to draw more tourists to the location. People do want to visit the home and surrounding area, but a few extra tintillating things don't hurt the attraction.

I'm baseing my opinion on three difrant investigations.
http://www.unsolved....ordenHouse.html

http://www.janedoherty.com/lizzie1.htm

http://www.ghostinve...hlights/lbh.htm

#41 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 02 July 2004 - 12:30 AM

Mile I appreciate the research and findings! It could be haunted for REAL! But as Holly pointed out the HYPE could be a media blitz to make money! There is a big difference between being haunted (which I believe is true) and media blitzkreig! afterall it is all about money buddy! who cares if the haunting is real or not, so long they can make money! $$$$$$
Posted Image

#42 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 12:34 AM

You are so right moon, thats what i though and one reason why i didn't wan't to write this thread. but as i said three diffrant investigations, friends that i know and reports i read this is how i came up with my opinion. i know there are ghost pics of this place including one with a woman looking out of the window. my newspaper or a local one said there was an evp of some woman laughing, wich was also reported from the maid the day of the murders. the maid said in court Lizzie was giggling and laughing when she said her mother was murdered. i'm ready to put an add in my local news paper to get those pics....lol

#43 Lamuris

Lamuris

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Interests:varied too many to list

Posted 02 July 2004 - 03:29 AM

I'm with you milegone, I have seen a lot of info on this. I don't believe the media blitz thing is valid. This could be said about any of these famous haunts that we talk about here.

#44 Mykiedave

Mykiedave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 07:10 PM

Thats true, but when the owners of a "Worlds Creepiest" B&B deny the haunting angle, I tend to believe them. They would make som much more money simply by claiming it to be haunted. So far the owners have denyed it on National Television. I agree that this is without a doubt a creepy place. I mean, they have the same furniture there and everything, but haunted? Not according to Psicop or the OSIR.
Growing old is mandatory... growing UP is optional.I didn't say it was YOUR fault, I SAID I was going to BLAME you.The nice thing about being Senile is, I can hide my own Easter Eggs.Posted Image

#45 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 07:18 PM

the owners use the word "active". what doe's that mean

Martha McGinn, owner and operator, has lived in the house since her teens. She calls the house "active" instead of haunted, and believes that the spirits of the murder victims may inhabit the house.

do you have any links?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users