Western State Hospital

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#1 Irezumi

Irezumi

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 May 2001 - 10:21 PM

Western State Hospital, in Steilacoom ,WA, was the hospital where the frontal lobotamy was perfected...alot of screwed up research happened there. In the 30's, it was closed down, and a new hospital was built nearby. For years, the old building was left standing, and the biggest dare around was to go into the boiler room, which could only be accessed through the basement. I went in there once and couldn't stay more than 10 seconds or so. You can swear you hear screams and laughter from all around you...probably mind-games, but who knows. The structure was collapsed in on itself and a 6 foot fence erected around it.
Which is where we jump in now. Last week, myself and a couple of friends went up there at around 2:30 AM. We walked around the perimiter, then grabbed a piece of ground nearby and rolled a...eh, cigarette. We were getting ready to smoke it, and heard noise on the inside of the fence. We got up to check it out, and at the noth end , above where the boiler room is, the rubble was shifting slightly. This went on maybe 30 seconds or so, then abruptly stopped. We looked at each other, then the cyclone fence in front of us started shaking VIOLENTLY. It was a cold night, but when the fence started shaking, I swear it got freezing...like December cold. This was an average April night. We decided to get the f**k out of there REAL quick, and on the 1/2 mile hike back to my car, we all commented that it felt like we were being watched. When we got back to my car, the night felt like the normal temp. again, and all creepy feelings were gone. Before anyone says anything, we didn't get a chance to smoke our ...cigarette prior to this happening- we were all in a sober state of mind. :o
"Call me Howdy, if you find it more comfortable."

#2 DiAnn_21

DiAnn_21

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 03 May 2001 - 03:04 AM

WOW Kev., that sounds interesting, exciting, and fun. But also very scary!  
It would be very nice if they had one of those in CT.
So, are you and your friends ever going to go back? And if you do, you should take some pictures or a cam-corder. Never know what you'll pick up!8)8)

Last modification: DiAnn - 05/03/01 at 06:04:36

#3 Persia

Persia

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts
  • Interests:“If you’re going to dine with the devil, make sure you have a long spoon.”

Posted 04 May 2001 - 12:33 PM

DiAnn, Fairfield Hills would be nice 2 actually go in2. Danielle found the entreance 4 the tunnels, but I think we should w8 4 the experts. (U no who I mean)

Posted Image

Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim. --Ovid--

#4 Raevun

Raevun

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 May 2001 - 02:35 PM

I have heard a tiny bit about Western State, is it a difficult location to get to. Meaning standard access, or do you really have to be pretty careful when heading up there. Is it on a regular patrol route by the cops or not.  I would like any details you could send my way.  I am looking for places to investigate in the washington area.
Thanks
Raevun
I love to find the scary stuff. It makes my piercings tingle.

#5 Jaime

Jaime

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 May 2001 - 08:32 PM

I want to know exactly how I get into this place. I went before but couldn't find the building.  Any info would be great. I want to bring a camera and a camcorder to record what happens when me and my friends go. I will post what happens.

#6 Four_A_I

Four_A_I

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 November 2001 - 10:04 AM

Cool story Kevin Black.  Does anyone else have any experances in western state hospital?  I would like to go there, can someone email me directions   Four_A_I@ghostvillage.com

#7 mindbendrrr

mindbendrrr

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 November 2001 - 11:24 AM

I was born and grew up in the Tacoma area...  I have many times with friends been there myself.  I have had bad vibes from hell there too!! You do feel the hairs up on the back of your neck as you walk away,, We always felt watched. Terrible things went on in that place, You feel it ! A heaviness or oppressiveness you feel the instant you are on the grounds.. I live up north now.. You should go there with equipment, something would most likely show up !!!!!!   Let us know  g/l

#8 upr-founder

upr-founder

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 03 February 2002 - 04:58 AM

soouds like west hall at rpi in ny

#9 MizzMo

MizzMo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 10 February 2002 - 07:58 AM

:o I'd like to get our group, the washington state ghost society in there to do an investigation too...what a hoot..

• Guests

Posted 23 February 2002 - 11:45 AM

::)   help i reslontly watched a tv programe ( scarest places on earth) on tv and ther showed any insane aylume in new england (there wouldnt say where) i would really like to find ou more about it i cant find anything on the web please contect me hunnylou69@hotmail.com i live in the uk and want to go goast hunting in the usa HELP

• Guests

Posted 05 March 2002 - 10:08 AM

bah........dont believe in any of you, the way you all was feeling watched of, just you mind tricking with you, you problably heard so many stories about ghosts that your mind is tricking with you when you enter a "Spooky" builidng

And someone problably maybe forgot to turn that thing off

>:) >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

#12 Jodi

Jodi

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 05 March 2002 - 05:09 PM

Oh, such the skeptic... :-*

• Guests

Posted 23 May 2002 - 02:39 PM

Hello everyone I am a 22yr old from Seattle, WA I have been searching for the Old Western State Sanitarium for quite some time now if anyone could PLEASE PLEASE e-mail directions on how to get to the pile of rumble that once was the old sanitarium I would greatly appreciate it so very much. I would love to finally explore the site that I have wanted to for quite some years now, but with little success. hope to hear from someone soon. Til then happy huntings ;D

• Guests

Posted 23 May 2002 - 02:40 PM

Hello everyone I am a 22yr old from Seattle, WA I have been searching for the Old Western State Sanitarium for quite some time now if anyone could PLEASE PLEASE e-mail directions on how to get to the pile of rumble that once was the old sanitarium I would greatly appreciate it so very much. I would love to finally explore the site that I have wanted to for quite some years now, but with little success. hope to hear from someone soon. Til then happy huntings ;D

#15 jolena73

jolena73

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 24 May 2002 - 08:20 AM

This sounds like a cool place to visit. Please share anyinfo/pictures of it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users