• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#16 catznbrau

catznbrau

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 May 2002 - 09:18 PM

I have wanted to visit this place for a long time yet never got around to it, probabley cause I have nobody interested enough in going with me.  I hear its right off south I-5 from seattle exit 112? maybe not shure and its in the backyard of the new hospital.  I'll try and find out soon and confirm this.  Im shure if you look up the address for the new western state hospital just go there and it shouldn't be farther than a couple hundred feet away.  Hope this was helpful.

• Guests

Posted 18 June 2002 - 11:27 PM

so does anyone know the exact location of the old sanitarium and how to get there i'd really like to know i want to take some pictures of it please send me some if you have them exomind@email.com ::)

#18 catznbrau

catznbrau

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 June 2002 - 10:52 AM

9601 Steilcoom Blvd Sw
Tacoma WA 98498
exit 119

Two words MAP QUEST

• Guests

Posted 19 June 2002 - 11:58 AM

now that where the old one is located at right  (10 words)

#20 catznbrau

catznbrau

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 June 2002 - 07:06 PM

the two are right next two each other  old one in backyard of new one

#21 kaos

kaos

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 June 2002 - 09:41 PM

i went to western state hospital today, pretty long drive from monroe, but anyway i got some pictures of it at http://kaos-now.s5.com/wsh.html

#22 kaos

kaos

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 June 2002 - 11:08 PM

does anyone know of a place when i can find information out about the hospital, or like interior pictures or anythign to that extent

#23 catznbrau

catznbrau

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 June 2002 - 11:20 PM

woah dude thats crazy I went there today too,  I just went to find it. but im going back tommarow to take some pictures yo..

#24 kaos

kaos

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 June 2002 - 10:37 AM

kewl kewl, not that hard to find  unless you use mapquest because sequoia st and south st are not on 88th st they are inside the rock fenced area of the hospital, i noticed behind the hospital there was a big fenced area with a huge smoke stack could that possibly be the remains of the original, and btw how long ago was the original torn down the new one was built in 1954

#25 kaos

kaos

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 June 2002 - 10:38 AM

forgot to say, i ended up goin there twice yesterday the first time I had forgotten my camera, so i drove back to monroe picked it up and drove all the way back down there one hell of a long drive

#26 MizzMo

MizzMo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 24 June 2002 - 07:58 AM

I still think, like i mentioned, the old building is more haunted..

#27 kaos

kaos

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 June 2002 - 11:52 AM

the thing about that is MizzMo the old building is not standing so it has got to be a little tough to get into it

#28 MizzMo

MizzMo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 24 June 2002 - 03:14 PM

Last I knew, most of it was still up, but how much, I don't know...Another paranormal team had gotten some great digital video footage down by the boiler room...But hey, I haven't gotten to go take a looksy yet...  :-(

#29 catznbrau

catznbrau

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 June 2002 - 05:39 PM

oh no i never made it back there.  but anyway what is it you think you took a picture of ? did you see it when taking the pictures?

#30 kaos

kaos

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 June 2002 - 06:05 PM

I see a shadow in the picture but there was no one up there when i was taking it as you can see in another picture there's nothing there, i thought it was kind of odd, not saying that it is something supernatural or anything, and to MizzMo from what i seen down there it didn't look like there was a whole lot of the original standing all i seen was a big smokestack and some rubble, now again does anyone know where i might be able to find more information on the asylum online, i don't know what it is about that place but after being down there i'm even more interested....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users