Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Western State Hospital

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 29 October 2002 - 11:28 AM

Actually, the Old hospital isnt behind the new one, its in Ft. Steilacoom park(which is across the street from the new one)...if you go in the front entrance you follow the paved road until you get to a gravel parking lot that is sorta to the left of the barns....then at the end of the parking lot is a slight hill trail..follow the trail its in the area near the top....
its a VERY spooky place...

Jules

• Guests

Posted 30 November 2002 - 11:34 PM

Is it legal to go and look will they harrass you for just being a photographer??? any ideas would be greatly appreciated, i had an aunt that lived in the original one for awhile but she is no long with us

• Guests

Posted 03 December 2002 - 09:00 AM

Its legal to go look like..around the fence...but techincally you arent supposed to enter the premisis...but the fence is SO old and falling apart that nobody really cares I think. So unless you run into an officer..which...I doubt you will, it should be ok. My husband and I looked around and took some digital pictures, that I unfortunatly havent had a chance to see yet since my friend lost the software to the camera. The people who are around are mostly joggers...and they dont really care either. If you go at night, you most certainly shouldnt be bothered for taking pictures. And even if you arent brave enough to enter the fence...you can get some good shots from outside of it. If you need more detailed instructions on how to get there, let me know.

Julia :)

#34 Gunslinger

Gunslinger

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 December 2002 - 01:45 PM

Stationed at FT Lewis WA for three years there were nights when me and the boys would get a bit rowdy and seek a bit of night time entertainment.  Most nights we would just grab our things and head out to the local bars of Tacoma, but on one eventful night we had a slight change of venue.
    Having been online earlier that day and a firm believer in the paranormal I had done some research on local sighting in the Wa area and found one to be particularly interesting.  You guessed it,  the Western Sate Hospital in Steilacom.  
     It was around midnight when myself and three others arrived there.  It was mid august with a nice warm breeze heading from the east.  We had just pulled in and gotten out of my car when the winds began to increase slightly.  One of the guys joked saying that "they new we were there".  If only he had been wrong.  
    We weren't there but a few minutes when strange sounds began coming from all around us.  Though they were faint, we all heard them.  I wont lie, we all became "Prime Grade ChinckenBAD_WORDs" and decided that we all heard nothing but we were gonna leave anyway.  I believe "Mutual Boredom" was the reason.  When we reached for the car doors is when things really got strange.  My flashlight wich although millitary has never failed me,  Even in FT Lewis rain, and yet now it was out.  Becoming increasingly firghtened we all quickly hopped in the car and planned on getting out of there when a loud cry began that sounded like it was coming from right outside the car, and slowly moving forward.  The four of us were sitting completely still in utter horror when my friend mike told me in a not so calm voice, to "start the BAD_WORDing car BILL!"  
      Needless to say we left there leaving tracks where the car once stood.  On an occasion when the subject comes up, the guys and I have agreed that what we heard was not our imagination, was not something we created out of fear, but that of someone in dispair, crying........  I never went back and neither have my friends.

#35 Jhangles

Jhangles

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 January 2003 - 09:05 AM

If anyone around here is planning on going out to the hospital, Me and a few friends would love to tag along!  So is anyone planning on heading out there?  How long does it take to get there from the Renton area?

Email me if you'd like:  demolayboy@collegeclub.com

Thanks!
Jhangles
Killing never solves anything~ But it keeps people out of your hair while you think about what to do...

#36 kaos

kaos

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 10:19 PM

hey when you decide to go make sure you take some good pictures, i've been there a few times now... it really will scare the sh#@ outta you but just remember you won't get hurt

http://kaos-now.s5.com/wsh.html

#37 Jacque2114

Jacque2114

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 June 2003 - 07:57 PM

Kaos ....
In your pictures of the hospital ... the very last one taken .... i see a face in the bottom window just right of the main entrance.
Can anyone else see it?
Takecare ....
Jacque

#38 MsPms

MsPms

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 June 2003 - 09:16 PM

I am willing to bet it is a reflection of a tree top or flagpole
Posted Image

#39 fierytemp

fierytemp

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 05:55 AM

I tried to look up history on this thing and came up empty handed. Anyone have any sites to refer to?

#40 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 06:19 PM

I did a real quick search and haven't found anything...I think that mainly people are fascinated by what they don't understand and mental illness is one of those things...maybe that's why so many asylums are considered haunted
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#41 ghsthuntr

ghsthuntr

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 12:25 PM

That is the new hospital isn't it? Does anybody have pics of the old hospital? It seems very interesting. We have tons of old hospitals, etc. Here in WV.
-JK

• Guests

Posted 05 November 2003 - 10:10 AM

Here are some pics of the OLD hospital ruins that my husband and I took this summer. Got alot of nice activity. They look 100% better if you save them to your hard drive and blow them up. Shutterfly auto shrank 'em  :(

enjoy :)

http://www.shutterfl...97c8493&notag=1

Julia Miller

#43 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 05 November 2003 - 06:29 PM

Hi Julia, those are some wonderful pics. I am glad you stopped in to visit and share those with us. Now register your nic name and kick off your shoes and stay a while.
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#44 eddiemak

eddiemak

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 02:14 AM

Ok, sounds like many of the stories I've heard before. I'm 35 and spent my entire childhood in Steilacoom (70's and 80's). One of the classic initiations was to spend the night handcuffed in the basement area and dto my recollection no one made it through, no not even me. When I lived there, there was no fence going around the structure but it was covered in grafitti. There was two ways of access in, the basement and the north entrance. The basement had many coil bed frames down there and you really could not tolerate being in there for more than a few minutes. I, like some of you, always felt watched as I walked away, especially toward the lake. from the new hospital side the structure looked very intimidating on top of the hill. Now for the bad news, I believe, though not 100% sure, that the actual hospital grounds were in the same area where the new hospital is and that this building is actually, the housing dormitory. I always preferred the stories of torture and labotomy however, I'm not actually sure that they are true. I visited the site literally hundreds of times as a kid, I lived by Ft Steilacoom CC, (now Pierce College) and used to walk there and eat the apples and cherries that grew around the area. I had many childhood memories there. Can anyone confrim the acutal usage of the building. Also, any pictures like I remember it w/o the fence going around and in completely erect.

#45 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,400 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 15 May 2004 - 06:04 AM

Welcome eddiemak, to GV world! Enjoy the stay!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users