Haunted House In Newville Pennsylvania

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#16 Sakura1605

Sakura1605

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:Ummmmmm....reading I read alot,I spend time with my friends alot,I get on the computer alot,I watch tv but not as much,I watch movies.Lots and lots of movies,I spend alot of time chatting on msn.I love msn,thats it for now cuzi cant think of anything else....

Posted 15 July 2004 - 06:21 AM

arawa i plan to do much more on it because at this moment I am going to do my History Day Project on It...Where do you think would be good places to look?i only heard people at my school tell legends about it but when i started reading about it i knew all the stupid stories wee not even near as scary as it really was..and again my i ask where to look???

#17 Sakura1605

Sakura1605

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:Ummmmmm....reading I read alot,I spend time with my friends alot,I get on the computer alot,I watch tv but not as much,I watch movies.Lots and lots of movies,I spend alot of time chatting on msn.I love msn,thats it for now cuzi cant think of anything else....

Posted 15 July 2004 - 06:23 AM

Requiem it is southwest from where you live I checked if anyone accually plans togo pick me up at my house or something...

#18 arawa

arawa

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 06:27 AM

Well, if you have any clue about when this is supposed to have taken place, start at your local library - they should have a local history section, plus archives of newspapers etc - the librarian is usually really pleased to help you if you ask politely and express an interest in what you're looking for.

Another place to look for information (though less reliable) is to do a google search (or several) including things you know about the site. Maybe this way you'll come up with another legend associated with the house, and you can use your history project to find out which one is the closest to the truth (or altogether true). In my experience, one haunted house usually has two or three local legends associated with it, and sometimes it might be that one is true, and sometimes you can find out that they're all made up, and that theres an even more interesting reason for that.

Hope this helps at least a bit, and it sounds like a fascinating project :)

#19 Sakura1605

Sakura1605

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 06:29 AM

yep i hope my teacher will like it does help and  i know the librarians well because i always get in these books thanx so much any way i have  10 months to complete it

#20 Sakura1605

Sakura1605

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 06:31 AM

not to metion that my presentation has to be video taped or on aslide show with pictures :)my old school wanted to use the house as a school for the handicap but when they asked the hier to the building and the property he wont let them touch it

#21 arawa

arawa

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 06:33 AM

Well, let us know what you find! I'm interested in how the project turns out now, its sounds like a great story, and doing a local history project so close to the school will thrill your teachers!

#22 Sakura1605

Sakura1605

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 06:44 AM

my old school though but that doesnt matter it still close and this si another thing...a legend i heard was quite simple too..the man who owned it got robbed and thats why the windows got busted...it doesnt sound like a reason why the ghosts would still be haunting there...i will put info i find up on this sight i promise to do that now going to search

#23 RequiemEternum

RequiemEternum

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 06:02 PM

I'll be going to Gettysburg August 2nd-4th so perhaps we can take a little detour...I'll have to check. If not, I'll eventually drop in when I have my own transportation. I always like getting a chance to check out a place that isn't so in the public eye.
† I leave you negative behind...Watch me all in flames, on a butterfly I ride. Exhale the light, rest for some time. The world outside is numb tonight. Open your mind, express the forgotten. The world inside is your's tonight. †

#24 Sakura1605

Sakura1605

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 06:24 AM

YAY!!nice to know someone might check it out...this is what i have found out so far from and old newspaper the only one that had anything about it in..it said what is this old house that people have been breaking windows in and graffitying the entire place and has trees covering the front of the building.why is it still here.how one person baught the land and the house came with it and he decided to fix the house up and then they didnt here from him and he came up trying to sell the land again since he suddenly changed his mind about fixing the house up.this was in the paper a couple of years ago the house by what i already know is probably made in the late 1800s or around that the paper in my area wasnt out so thet dont have any records that way i will be going to the library this wednesday to turn in my books so i might try to find info there like arawa suggested then later i will be going to Cumberland County Historical Society in Carlisle to find out more...Sakura

#25 MaDukes

MaDukes

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Location:x1|Bellerose|USA|usa|505|108|NY,New_Yorkx1|Bellerose|USA|usa|505|108|NY,New_Yorkx1|Bellerose|USA|usa|505|108|NY,New_Yorkx1

Posted 16 July 2004 - 11:39 AM

When you go to Gettysburg in August don't forget to go to Sachs Bridge. I was there for July 4th weekend and I got a great picture. Nothing was in front of me. Someone please tell me what a red orb means?  Someone told me that the spirit was angry. I was the only one getting red orbs. Plus I got the white one too.

#26 RequiemEternum

RequiemEternum

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 02:28 PM

Cool, thanks for the suggestion! I'll make sure I check it out, and of course any pics I may have I'll post here.
† I leave you negative behind...Watch me all in flames, on a butterfly I ride. Exhale the light, rest for some time. The world outside is numb tonight. Open your mind, express the forgotten. The world inside is your's tonight. †

#27 RequiemEternum

RequiemEternum

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 02:29 PM

While I'm at it...anyone know any other spots in gettysburg worth a look that I might not immediately think of? As in, less obvious to check...of course being me, I'll try to cover every square inch of the town possible :-)

#28 arawa

arawa

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 04:53 PM

Hmmm

If you take the bus tour of the battlefields, check out the monument (built into the hill) that they stop at - I think its on little roundtop, but I might be mistaken. It gave me the creeps something terrible, it felt just like a mausoleum to me.

Other than that, there are the usual spots - the Wheatfield, Devils Den, Sachs covered Bridge (as above) - If you go there, walk down the track a little ways, away from the bridge. ITs strange but I felt more "creeped out" there than anywhere else, and I have a friend who swears she felt something breathe on her (warm fall night - we took the night tour there and were the only people walking down there in the pitch dark).

Anyways, Gettysburg is packed with different feelings, wherever you go :)

#29 MaDukes

MaDukes

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Location:x1|Bellerose|USA|usa|505|108|NY,New_Yorkx1|Bellerose|USA|usa|505|108|NY,New_Yorkx1|Bellerose|USA|usa|505|108|NY,New_Yorkx1

Posted 17 July 2004 - 08:55 AM

The tour bus is a great idea. But basically any where on the battlefield.  Even in the motel your staying at. I always yake a picture in my room when I'm there. I go to Gettysburg almost every year. But don't forget to go to SACHS BRIDGE

#30 gowie2hotty

gowie2hotty

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 10:22 AM

GHI will be heading down that way August 12th at night, so perhaps we could meet you and do an investigation of the place for our yearly ghost hunting road trip
Come Check out Jason Gowin online at - http://www.jasongowin.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users