Posted 14 August 2004 - 12:19 PM

thank you every one for all of the replys

#32 Mrs. Bryan

Mrs. Bryan

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 10:27 PM

I once lived in a Haunted Apt. Building and then have mostly lived and worked in Haunted Locales across the Western USA.

#33 SebastiansMom

SebastiansMom

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Interests:Almost everything. Good friends. Animal lover.Games. Ghosts-Paranormal

Posted 05 December 2006 - 08:28 PM

Hello Schoolhouse...Welcome!

little light

[smiley=cwm27.gif] [smiley=cwm27.gif]

lol SchoolHouse was lmackey for GV before she changed the handle! :( and a pretty OLD Villager! :wow:

Rude...but kind.

#34 jamas1129

jamas1129

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:My interests are reading, knitting (which I taught myself how to do), writting poetry, and any kind of writting that I can do. I love to just put twisted stories that I make up on paper. I wrote my first childrens book. (Not published, yet)<br />Most of my time is spent on my children and my husband. They mean more to me than anybody in this world.

Posted 06 December 2006 - 11:39 AM

As far back as I can remember, our house's we lived in were all active with spirits. The scariest one was In Rochester Pennsylvania. I have come to find out that on that property, there were slaves slautered for running away. That was even after the war. So much happened in that house. I would see a man spirit sitting on my bed crying. Once I asked him if he was ok. He looked at me, then disapeared. There was more than one spirit in that house. My sister was in the basement doing laundry, a spirit had tried to harm her. She wont say exactly what happened, but it really freaked her out. She refused to go down there after that. There was rumors from the kids in school, that a little boy was buried in the basement of that house. I can't say if thats entirely true. For all we know, a little boy broke his toe in the basement, and it turned into he was murdered and buried in that house. lol, we know how things can be.
Even the house I am living in now has spirits. I have to yell at them at times to stop. It seems as if the one loves to slam the cupboards. I do believe there are two in this house. It's not very old, but there has been one known death in this home. The other spirit seemed to have been hiding or something, he didn't make himself known until a short time ago. My husband is insisting that it's the old owners son who had passed on not long ago from a drug addiction. He was raised in this house, so I suppose it would make sense.
Either way, I seem to be attracted to house's that are active with spirits. I love my house too much to move away. I'll live with them they have to learn to live with me.

Edited by jamas1129, 06 December 2006 - 11:40 AM.

#35 -Sara-Lou-

-Sara-Lou-

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 03:52 PM

i dunno if i love yrew house lol,ive never been in it,but id love to go in a haunted house!!!

#36 Gaelin

Gaelin

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 12:10 AM

Something's definitely up with my house, possibly the whole neighborhood. My house was built in the 1950's and has had 1 casualty in the dwelling that I know of, though I do not think he is still residing here. My parents bought the house in the mid '70's and did some extensive cleanup. My mom has seen things here since she moved in, and while cleaning the kitchen, she noticed some madness in the walls: the previous resident had layered contact paper in various patterns and angles as wallpaper. She clearly remembers waving to a neighbor who was walking down the street and who suddenly disappeared, having died a few days earlier. My great-grandmother has appeared in the garage, as has an uncle, who materialized as white smoke. I have always seen and felt things here, I have grown up with ghosts. When I was young, I hated bathing -for good reason. Something used to pinch, push, prod and pull my hair while I was showering. Friends who have spent the night have experienced similar things while showering. He seems playful, if a bit rough. I have been told his name is Tom and that he is attached to me, not the house. As a teenager, I seemed especially aware of things: 12 packs of soda sliding accross the kitchen floor at night, disembodied voices (sometimes speaking other languages), rattling cabinets in the middle of the night, things moving or simply disappearing, spooked animals, and 2 beings who came to visit me. In college, I was visited on 2 separate occasions by a shadow person in my front yard. To this day, married to a skeptic and still lucky enough to live in the same house, I still don't venture into the garage or shop unless I have to, and never unaccompanied at night, not even for the laundry.

#37 Alberta

Alberta

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 05:38 PM

[glow=red,2,300]TEXT[/glow] Is your house haunted? I know mine is. Strange things happen all the time. Loud noises foot steps. Cold spots shadows. And the list goes on and on. My house is over 200 years old and mysterius things happen. URL<span style='font-family:Verdana'></span>I LOVE my haunted house do you? :o

my house is also haunted we have seen a few spirits mostly moving orbs. we have major cold spots. and here things falling or banging when no one is near. i also love my house. but the place is only about 12 years old it was built on the sight of an old barn.

#38 rsmiller

rsmiller

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 12:47 PM

We have lived in our house for 6 years, and I know it is definitely haunted. We've never had a investigation done, and I don't know too much about the history either. I have heard that at one time the property was part of a granite quarry. I do know for sure that there is a girl and a man. I don't know if they are connected to each other or not. My husband and I have heard a little girl say "mom", only a handful of times in the years that we've been here. My daughters have also heard a little girl's voice. My 13-year old has even seen her. My mom, my 13 year-old, and I have all seen a dark figure of a man in our house. My impression is that he is the one who is responsible for most of the "activity" around here. Many things have happened in our house including: hearing footsteps when nobody is there; hearing something heavy fall, but there's nothing there; knocking on the stairway wall; having the feeling of someone coming up behind you or being watched (the creepiest), and I even watched the t.v. change the channel on it's own one night (I guess they didn't like my show!). I could go on and on, but I think this is a good place to quit for now.

#39 MR. MD 7

MR. MD 7

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 11:45 PM

I have had very strong feeling my house is haunted. Just about everyone who comes in has a very eery feeling about the house. You feel like you are bing watched. See things run past out of the corner of your eye. Loud crashing noises. And my alarm goes off by itself frequently.

#40 Briana_14

Briana_14

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 07:49 PM

Yes my house is haunted we have had things broken I have been woken up on many occasions, my father has seen shadows and so Have I. we hear voices our pictures always go crooked even though we straighten them up we had a hurricane lamp broken by itslef my dad witnessed this he was the only 1 home we were all gone another time and this figurine my mom had was broken with the head behind the speaker and the body by the coffee table and my dad had a dorito spit at him we were told no one died in our home but Jesse James was hung on our property we used to have an old hanging tree on our property. me and my older sister even heard a loud bang that came from my parents room when me and her were the only 2 in the house

#41 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 14 July 2007 - 04:08 AM

we were told no one died in our home but Jesse James was hung on our property we used to have an old hanging tree on our property. me and my older sister even heard a loud bang that came from my parents room when me and her were the only 2 in the house

I do not doubt your story, however you have been misinformed about Jesse James. He did not die by hanging. He was shot in the back of the head by Bob Ford on April 3rd 1882.
http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#42 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 14 July 2007 - 07:01 AM

This link backs up what Duke was saying :P

Jesse James

#43 cathylj73

cathylj73

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts
  • Interests:Animals, paranormal, Kids

Posted 14 July 2007 - 08:25 AM

I too believe my house is haunted. My own son was pulled into a sitting position one night while he was sleeping and thrown backward hitting his head he ended up getting a small cut., We hear things all the time, Our Tv's have a mind of their own (channels changing, volume up and down turns on and off,) Radios turn on, and lights flicker. DukeofBoggie could tell you about some of these stories I told him about this once in Salem Ma. I was told to have the house blessed but the problem is I live in Condos, and if they do my house I was told that the spirit will go to another adjoining unit and just work his way back. (there are 4 town houses attached in my part of the building) so it really wont help. But it has been quiet now for a bit. Hopefully the spirit has moved on (yes we know he name it is Alphie) he was not a nice one. He also has told my son to hurt others. But thank goodness my son was strong enough to fight off these feelings. But that is part of my story.
Posted ImagePosted Image(facebook) cathyld73@yahoo.com

#44 josetted

josetted

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Edison phonographs, gardening, reading, writing, bicycling, photography, hauntings, spirits, paranormal, ghost hunts, silent films, old music, collecting and reselling antiques.

Posted 14 July 2007 - 11:22 PM

Down the street from where my husband and I live is a old abandon Lodge/ Bar that was going to be made into a private residence. (This building has changed owners so many times and it seems that nobody can stay in this place for an extended amount of time).

So... in order to help it sell faster, me and my mother-in-law were allowed to have a garage sales in this building for the entire summer. (She checked with the owner of this building and got everything in writing). Now this building does have a haunted history to it. A few pictures I took reveal a bright orb whereas other pictures show nothing out of the ordinary. I did do some tape recording sessions when everyone was absent from the building and the tapes reveal no unusual noises nor anything. My husband won't stay in this building for any amount of time. He claims there is something "uneasy" and nervous about this building. It does give off the most unwanted and unwelcomed feeling I have ever came across in my whole entire life when I stepped inside of this place and helped my mother-in-law set up for the garage sales.

By the way my mother-in-law is a wonderful mother-in-law, but she does not and will not believe in ghosts and hauntings. It's her belief that once a person passes away, thats it. The dead do not come back in spirit and they cannot communicate with the living from the misty realms of the unknown. This is her belief, not mine. Therefore I respect her beliefs and personal viewpoints.

What I have experienced with this building is that there is this presence that makes you want to leave immediately. After I finished with setting up my stuff for the sales I leave. The history of this building is that it was a lodge in the Victorian Era, then there was a funeral procession for the town mayor back in 1900. My mother-in-law has a photograph from this time showing the mayor in a coffin displayed outside this very building and lodge members are standing on either side of the coffin. It is a very spooky photograph. I doubt tho that my mother-in-law will ever grant me permission to scan it and post it though. I would like to keep our location withheld. Thank you. - Josette
"I have not failed. I just found 1,000 ways that don't work."- Thomas Alva Edison"Although there is nothing supernatural about it..." ~ Harry Houdini about the Chinese water torture cell trick in 1914.

#45 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 15 July 2007 - 04:54 AM

Hi again

Well depends on what you call haunted ?

We can either have grounded spirits pr ones that are in visitation.

People like myself and others have many visitations where we tend to be treated like a 'one stop shop' for the spirits, whether they come to out of curiousity or need help.

If they dont have an appointment, they have to join the back of the queue lol

But seriously Id love to hear of those that come in visitation

Thanks

Mark :clap:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users