Is your house haunted?

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61 FayeShinomori

FayeShinomori

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:anime, manga, reading, writing (poetry and short stories), animals, paranormal (obviously)

Posted 18 December 2007 - 10:10 PM

I lived in an apt some time ago. A small bathroom connected to my bedroom gave me the creeps. I could not go in there. Later I learned that EMF could cause this feeling. I went back by the place a while later, after moving out, and noticed that the electrical power entered from overhead right close to my bathroom. So go figure that one.

I now have my moms home, where she died in the living room. A year earlier my stepdad died in a bedroom. I try to feel something there, but just a very peaceful feeling. Both these deaths were expected.

My grandmother's house was filled with negative entities. They drove the family apart and they all came because of my cousin (thank God she's gone). Once she left, the evil left with her. But a day before my grandfather's death, we were sitting in the living room and my mom took a picture of my father sitting in the chair closest to the room my grandfather was dying in. When we looked at the picture, there was a perfect orb right above my father's head. The next day my grandfather passed on. When I worked up enough courage to go in there after he was gone and the room was empty, I felt so at peace, more than I had ever felt before, because he died peacefully in a coma with his loved ones around him. I curled up in the place where his bed was and fell asleep. I just felt like he was there with me, as if to tell me that he was happy and safe.

#62 john8750

john8750

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:Electronics

Posted 19 December 2007 - 05:58 AM

And thats a beautiful feeling.
John SmithI know I'm not a good speller. I have a low IQ.Keep the fun in it>

#63 Chikadee77

Chikadee77

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Research, dogs, spending time with my husband

Posted 26 December 2007 - 05:23 AM

The other co-founder of our group and her husband's new house has some activety. They were renting for awhile (in Victor, CO) and just bought a house in the same town. The house is about 100 years old, but was built on the foundation of another house that burnt down when the entire town went up in flames in 1899.

We've done a few investigations there and have gotten some EVPS that can't be explained (nor can we figure out what they're saying, it's just mumbling, but definately people talking.) Also, we left our hi-8 cam running on the basement steps one evening while we went out to dinner and got the sounds of someone walking up and down the stairs and shaking the door that leads down to the basement. We're wondering if it might be a residual of someone that maybe got trapped in that area of the house during the fire and couldn't get out. The only way down to the basement was in through the front door which was locked as were all the windows so there is no way anyone broke in. Plus it's a tiny town where everyone knows everyone else and the PD is always driving by their house since her hubby is one of their officers.

Another time my hubby and I were watching their kids one evening. The kids were downstairs with us asleep on the couch (it was about 9 pm) when all of a sudden it sounded like someone was re-arranging all of the furniture or stomping around upstairs. We went up to investigate and the baby's crib was moved completely in front of the door from the other side of the room. No idea how it happened and we didn't find anyone upstairs.

No bad feelings in the house, but you do feel incredible sadness in all areas of the house except for the living room. It's very strange.

#64 Liana

Liana

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 05:25 AM

Wow everyone's stories are amazing.

The house I grew up in, mum has seen a man, who she followed arounf the entire house, calling my dad's name, only to see my dad emerge from the bathroom. Mum asked him, Why didnt you answer me"? to which he replied, "What are you talking about, I was in the shower".

The wallpaper on the walls in that house were of flowers, but I saw them to be of faces. That is the house I saw black figures emerge from my bedroom wall when I was a child, (see topic in Demons I have posted the story there).

When I was 7 my grandfather died. Three days before he did though, our doorbell rang early in the morning. Mum went outside to check but no one was there. The next day, the same thing happened. This time mum walked out to the front of the house to check if anyone was hiding behind the fence, gate or any kids running down the road after a prank, but nothing and no one was around.

The third day, it happened again. That night, the phone rang, and she KNEW her father had passed away. He did.

The last house we lived in (we move around alot lately cos we're renting for now), one night, mum was in the living room, and heard a loud bang that came from the kitchen. She said it sounded like somethng heavy fell to the floor. She went to check and nothing was out of place. She heard it again another night, but this time, my cat Aalanna was with her, and she turned her head towards the noise also, so mum knew she wasn't the only one hearing this sound. Mum said she heard the noise come from the living room the next time she heard it, and my cat ran towards the area of the back window of the living room and was sitting there staring at something. (Mum freaked out and she NEVER freaks out cos she's seen so many things on the farm where she grew up.) She has also seen figures walking the halls of this house. We moved because we did not feel safe in that house.

In the house I am living in now, mum just the other night, said she thought she saw someone (all white) walking into the hallway from the kitchen, at the exact time I came out of my bedroom, which is at the end of the hallway, and down towards the kitchen. I said I was in my room but she thought it was me walking back in. I would have walked right into it! But I didn't see anything.

Mum also says she hears children playing and running down the hallway after I leave home in the morning to go to work. We found out recently that this house has been empty for about a year after we moved in. I cant find any information about the house though. I feel safe though, as children playing I feel, is something comforting.

Interesting, no?

#65 Sarmotifan

Sarmotifan

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 04:53 PM

Where I live, from when I was 12 to when I was about 18 or 19, maybe 20 at the latest (I'm 22 now, 23 in September), I would hear my mom call me and say come here. Sometimes it happenened when she was home, but most often when she was out of the house. It would happen to her too, where she'd hear me call her, but I wouldn't have called her. Our home is roughly 70 years old, the person who first built it and owned it is still alive. The land is part of an old farm, but the farmhouse is not only up the road, but I think it's been torn down and rebuilt. We had started to add on a second floor when this started happening and it ended a year or so after the bulk of the work was done. One of my friends, who is slightly telepathic, said that she sensed a female precence by the pantry, which was the closet to the old master bedroom, which is now the dining room. My parents were up in northern Michigan camping, so it was just she and I at home. 6 months to a year after that, I had my aura read by two different people-one over MSN messenger and one over another group and the latter told me that there was an elderly female spirit nearby. I was kinda freaked out by this, because again, I was home alone and even though I had not heard anything, I had sensed the spirit.
In magic, anything is possible.You can teach a cat how to use the toilet.Teaching it how to flush is another matter.

The broomsticks are mounted. The ghosts are a-fright. Enchanting takes wing, On All Hallows’ Night.

#66 megan1125

megan1125

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 12:05 AM

A number of people have all had "creepy" experiences at my parents house in south Florida. It was built in 1928 and designed by a famous architect. Machine Gun Kelly owned a house down the street which is where many of the guns were stored for the Valentine's Day Massacre. In my parents house there is a library/music room that always feels colder than the rest of the house and this is where everything spooky has happened.

Two different people have claimed they heard someone playing the piano in the room but when they walked back there, the lights were off and no one was around.

One night, during a family reunion, we were talking about how spooky the library is. My aunt was supposed to sleep in the guest bedroom next door but after hearing this, she decided that she would rather sleep on the opposite side of the house with my other aunt and her son. However, she had left some of her belongings in the back bedroom and wanted them to go with her to get them. They all went together to the back bedroom and were talking about how ridiculous they were acting when at the same time, they all heard what sounded like the crystal chandalier in the library crashing and shattering on the ground. They immediately ran back to the other side of the house without even stopping to look into the library and waited for someone to run downstairs to check out the noise. Yet, no one woke up. The next morning, the chandalier was fine, but they all decided they would never spend another night in that house.

I, personally, have also heard footsteps on the stairs as well as doors opening and slamming shut when no one else was home.

#67 ekpi_ghost_hunters

ekpi_ghost_hunters

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Interests:Everything Paranormal

Posted 09 February 2008 - 12:50 PM

I lived in a haunted trailor when I was still with my ex-wife. She would be at work and I would be the only one in the house other than my cat. And she would be laying beside me and I could hear something moving in the kitchen. Our bed room had two doors where it had been two seperate rooms b4. and I would watch my cat, acting like she was watching a person walk down the hallway her head would move from one door to the next and then the hair on her neck and back stood straight up on end and she would start hissing at something. but there was nothing there that I could see. Come to find out my ex-wifes grandmother had died in the trailor.

#68 FayeShinomori

FayeShinomori

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:anime, manga, reading, writing (poetry and short stories), animals, paranormal (obviously)

Posted 12 February 2008 - 12:47 PM

Where I live, from when I was 12 to when I was about 18 or 19, maybe 20 at the latest (I'm 22 now, 23 in September), I would hear my mom call me and say come here. Sometimes it happenened when she was home, but most often when she was out of the house. It would happen to her too, where she'd hear me call her, but I wouldn't have called her. Our home is roughly 70 years old, the person who first built it and owned it is still alive. The land is part of an old farm, but the farmhouse is not only up the road, but I think it's been torn down and rebuilt. We had started to add on a second floor when this started happening and it ended a year or so after the bulk of the work was done. One of my friends, who is slightly telepathic, said that she sensed a female precence by the pantry, which was the closet to the old master bedroom, which is now the dining room. My parents were up in northern Michigan camping, so it was just she and I at home. 6 months to a year after that, I had my aura read by two different people-one over MSN messenger and one over another group and the latter told me that there was an elderly female spirit nearby. I was kinda freaked out by this, because again, I was home alone and even though I had not heard anything, I had sensed the spirit.

I've had the same thing happen, my mom calling me when she wasn't home. And my dad said that sometimes in the middle of the night he would hear me calling for him even though I was in such a deep sleep there was no way I could have said anything.

#69 Cynthia_TN

Cynthia_TN

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:Beyond the paranormal, which is obvious, I like to read (mainly paranormal books, bios, true crime, etc..), make graphics and layouts, playing Texas Hold 'Em ( I racked up some dough New Year's Eve! lol), and I enjoy doing a lot of outdoor type things. I come from a drag racing family, so it's always fun to head to the track to watch my family race.

Posted 12 February 2008 - 01:07 PM

Wow! These are some really interesting stories!

My house isn't haunted. I only get good vibes from my house. It was built in 1920. I absolutely love the place. I do feel that we get visitors sometimes. A couple of weeks ago, I couldn't find my wedding rings and my mother's ring my kids got me for Valentine's day last year. I had taken them off while cooking and handed them to my husband to put away. A couple of days later, I remembered that I didn't have my rings on. I called my husband at work and he said that he couldn't remember where he put them.

I searched the house, and even had my four year old looking for them! lol! While searching for them, every time I would walk into the kitchen, one of my cabinets above the sink would be open. It was the same one each time. I would shut it and continue what I was doing. I thought it was kinda strange because the cabinet close tightly and I have never had a problem with it staying shut.

Anyhow, when my husband came home, I informed him that I still hadn't found the rings and he should take a look at the cabinet cause it keeps coming open. I followed him to the kitchen. Of course, the cabinet was open again. He turned and gave me a funny look and reached for something on the top shelf, then turned and handed me my rings. Apparently, they were in the cabinet on the shelf the whole time. He checked out the cabinet and it was fine. I haven't found it open since. I think one of my visitors were just trying to help me out and I just didn't take the hint. lol!
Posted Image

#70 AnnieV

AnnieV

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 01:22 PM

I'm so glad that I ran across this thread...I love reading the stories!

To answer the question, nope. My house isn't haunted (that I know of). There is a certain feel about it once in a while, but I don't put too much stock in that since I can usually attribute the feelings to something else. It was built almost 90 years ago...I love old houses! I don't think I could ever even think of building a new house for myself to live in...they all feel so devoid of character.

Anyway, of all the places I've lived, there's only one that I think could even have a chance to be haunted. It was about 6 or 7 years ago when I rented the tiny upstairs apartment of what was formerly a single family home, but the landlord had remodeled to make it a duplex (it was his parents' house, who had long since moved out and passed away). That place just kind of felt "wrong"...? I guess? I always felt like I was in someone else's space.

But that's it. That's all I got. No extraordinary inexplicably paranormal occurences for me!
Posted Image

#71 john8750

john8750

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:Electronics

Posted 12 February 2008 - 02:05 PM

Wow! These are some really interesting stories!

My house isn't haunted. I only get good vibes from my house. It was built in 1920. I absolutely love the place. I do feel that we get visitors sometimes. A couple of weeks ago, I couldn't find my wedding rings and my mother's ring my kids got me for Valentine's day last year. I had taken them off while cooking and handed them to my husband to put away. A couple of days later, I remembered that I didn't have my rings on. I called my husband at work and he said that he couldn't remember where he put them.

I searched the house, and even had my four year old looking for them! lol! While searching for them, every time I would walk into the kitchen, one of my cabinets above the sink would be open. It was the same one each time. I would shut it and continue what I was doing. I thought it was kinda strange because the cabinet close tightly and I have never had a problem with it staying shut.

Anyhow, when my husband came home, I informed him that I still hadn't found the rings and he should take a look at the cabinet cause it keeps coming open. I followed him to the kitchen. Of course, the cabinet was open again. He turned and gave me a funny look and reached for something on the top shelf, then turned and handed me my rings. Apparently, they were in the cabinet on the shelf the whole time. He checked out the cabinet and it was fine. I haven't found it open since. I think one of my visitors were just trying to help me out and I just didn't take the hint. lol!

Now that's a good story. Thank you.
John SmithI know I'm not a good speller. I have a low IQ.Keep the fun in it>

#72 ekpi_ghost_hunters

ekpi_ghost_hunters

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Interests:Everything Paranormal

Posted 15 February 2008 - 04:31 PM

I've had the same thing happen, my mom calling me when she wasn't home. And my dad said that sometimes in the middle of the night he would hear me calling for him even though I was in such a deep sleep there was no way I could have said anything.

Question is was this a haunting or an out of body experience.

#73 Sarmotifan

Sarmotifan

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 04:39 PM

Tough to say. I recently was wondering if the female spirit in my house was still around, so I grabbed my microcassette recorder and started recording, asking questions, stuff like that. I haven't been able to figure out, though, how to transfer what's on the microcassette onto either my home computer or my laptop. As soon as I do, I'll post it up.
In magic, anything is possible.You can teach a cat how to use the toilet.Teaching it how to flush is another matter.

The broomsticks are mounted. The ghosts are a-fright. Enchanting takes wing, On All Hallows’ Night.

#74 FayeShinomori

FayeShinomori

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 10:05 PM

Tough to say. I recently was wondering if the female spirit in my house was still around, so I grabbed my microcassette recorder and started recording, asking questions, stuff like that. I haven't been able to figure out, though, how to transfer what's on the microcassette onto either my home computer or my laptop. As soon as I do, I'll post it up.

I definitely know that my grandparents' house was haunted. They were raising my cousin out of the kindness of their own heart and she treated them dreadfully. Soon after she moved in weird, bad things started happening. Whisperings, things moving, ominous presence, it's like the whole house was covered in an evil aura. And she was an evil child. Finally, she ran away to live with her father when she was like fourteen (but not before she told my grandfather that she hated and wished he would die; he died a year later) and after she left the place became peaceful again, like nothing ever happened And weird things were happening again shortly before my grandfather's death. The house was heavy and finally when he gave his last breath the atmosphere in the room calmed down and became beautiful. When I went in there a few weeks after he died with my grandmother's rambunctious puppy, we both felt so relaxed and we fell asleep next to each other in the exact spot where my grandfather's hospital bed had been. I think it was his way of saying, "Hey, kidoo, I'm okay, you don't need to worry anymore. Just rest." And never in my life have I been that relaxed again. I truly do think it was him coming back to reassure me he was in a better place with no pain, no sickness, just beauty and love.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users