About Dreams

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Libramoon

Libramoon

Birthday Party Streak er

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy all things paranormal. I often go to haunted locations to take pictures and EVP's. I also live in an active location and have taken many pictures and EVP's in my home.<br /> I love to read just about anything and I hope one day to become a writter of both fiction and paranormal non-fiction. <br /> Our world is still a very mysterious place. We haven't even scratched the surface!

Posted 18 December 2004 - 09:37 AM

I have noticed that my dreams are alot more detailed and vivid during certain times. For about a week or so, my dreams are really clear, but after
about a week of that, they start getting dimmer & dimmer. I keep a dream
journal and have realized that my dreams have a set pattern. During the new
moon phase, I dream more vividly. During the full moon, I never can remember them. Does anyone else do this? I'd like to know. :lol:
To himself everyone is immortal; he may know that he is going to die, but he'll never know that he is dead. ~Samuel Butler~

#2 erna_butter

erna_butter

weird ancient from the medieval times

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Interests:Art (any kind), computers, paranormal, forensics, psychology, and of course fantasy books, and history.

Posted 18 December 2004 - 09:41 AM

good idea Libra :lol:

mind if i borrowed it ?
Posted Image I A.M CANADIAN

#3 kenshin

kenshin

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 10:03 AM

nup mine never follows a pattern since i always lucid dream (if you don'tk now what it is, it just means you have full control of your dreams), so i usually decide to have a new adventure everytime (all usually revolve around fighting or killing or horror)
"And now, I make my escape, with my metallic hostage, never to be seen again! Unless I want to be seen! In which case, if I see you, before you see me... look out!" Frank dufense 'O'mally' , red vs blue

#4 Libramoon

Libramoon

Birthday Party Streak er

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy all things paranormal. I often go to haunted locations to take pictures and EVP's. I also live in an active location and have taken many pictures and EVP's in my home.<br /> I love to read just about anything and I hope one day to become a writter of both fiction and paranormal non-fiction. <br /> Our world is still a very mysterious place. We haven't even scratched the surface!

Posted 18 December 2004 - 10:43 AM

erna, feel free to borrow! kenshin, I have tried to take control of what I
dream, but I'm not very good at it. But no matter what I dream, they follow
the pattern.
To himself everyone is immortal; he may know that he is going to die, but he'll never know that he is dead. ~Samuel Butler~

#5 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 02:26 PM

Libra, I agree with you. I go though periods of very vivid dreams and then periods of restful sleep. My husband has the same thing happen at the same time as me.

Sometimes we even dream about the same kind of things. BUt I have never kept a record relating to moon phases or anything, but that would be interesting to see if it coincided with that.

After those vivid dreams, I never feel rested either, like I've been up all night in some adventure that has worn me out.
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#6 kenshin

kenshin

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 04:54 AM

erna, feel free to borrow! kenshin, I have tried to take control of what I
dream, but I'm not very good at it. But no matter what I dream, they follow
the pattern.

it just takes awhile to practice then it becomes rutine and you can't stop having them (well i guess if i tried i could but i don't want to)
"And now, I make my escape, with my metallic hostage, never to be seen again! Unless I want to be seen! In which case, if I see you, before you see me... look out!" Frank dufense 'O'mally' , red vs blue

#7 Libramoon

Libramoon

Birthday Party Streak er

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 05:39 PM

I actually like the way my dreaming is. And I also feel worn out after a night
of dreaming. :D

#8 star_2_glitter_4_u

star_2_glitter_4_u

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 12:11 AM

I don't remember alot of my dreams , but the ones I do remember within the last couple weeks have been nightmares and I wake up and am so happy it was a dream.

Two of them involved deep water with tall weeds growing out.

I see my little girl walking up to the water , I look away for a minute and when I look back she is gone. :lol:

I try to scream , but nothing comes out. I wish there was a way to remember happy dreams , but these nightmares ...no !

I tried thinking peaceful thoughts when I go to bed too.

How do you ..if possible block out these or not have them alltogether..?

#9 Libramoon

Libramoon

Birthday Party Streak er

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 03:00 PM

I don't know to get rid of bad dreams. Some people can control what they dream. I have alot of nightmares, too. But the ones where someone you
love is hurt or worse, are horrible! :)

#10 bardo

bardo

Would like to sit on the clouds and watch the world

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Interests:the world here and beyond...lol anything ghosty I don't watch very much tv but when i do it's shows like supernatural.<br />I love music ....going to concerts.....groups like the dropkickmurphys,floggingmollies,pogues, some old stuff like the clash and joe strummer. I just saw Bob Dylan and The Who .<br />I like just about anything but country I do love Johnny cash though!<br />I love walking my dogs and getting outside as much as possible .<br />I plan on living until I'm at least 150 .

Posted 22 December 2004 - 10:06 PM

i go to bed every night and expect an adventure.
I love to dream and I can change my dream if I want.
I tend to dream vivid dreams most nights and if I don't it upsets me and i don't feel rested.
I find that sleep doesn't come easy during the full moon. I could stay up all night and it is usually my more productive time of the month.
I don't remember my dreams a well during this phaze because my sleep isn't as restfull.
Dreams are a window into your sub-conscious mind there a great way to problem solve.
Then the odd time if something is bothering me I will dream boring repetative dreams and I don't feel rested at all and I don't seem to try and get out of the dream or change it.
Like last night I dreamed I was in a store shopping and I decided to buy something off of each self and I just kept shopping all night.
This is odd because I really don't like shopping much.
But it is the season to do so .
I was not at all rested when I woke up.
Posted Image Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's questions. Edgar Cayce

#11 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,400 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 25 December 2004 - 01:54 PM

:P I dont even remember dreams! But I guess I do manipulate a lot of dream sequence.
Posted Image

#12 MadwomanSpirit

MadwomanSpirit

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 December 2004 - 07:08 PM

I have had a strange returning theme in about 80 percent of my dreams. It involves very elaborate tombstones, that spring up out of nowehere. They vary in size, and they grow like flowers all over the place. Sometimes I have dreams where I may be in a town or city, and there will be tombstones here and there, even along sidewalks. Sometimes I will dream of a huge, seemingly endless cemetery, with glorious headstones all over. Most of them are black marble, with very gothic carvings and weeping angels. I don't mind these dreams, but they are strange.

#13 NocturnalPrincess

NocturnalPrincess

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 04:22 AM

Hello,

I just joined here and I was glad to find something about dreams! But, because I'm new and still figuring out where everything is and how to get to it, I was hoping that maybe someone here could help me? Or at least direct me to somewhere else to get my question answered?

Here's the question:

Why am I dreaming about vampires??

Weird, huh? You see, not very long ago, I had this dream about vampires chasing me down my street. I was running like crazy and approaching the local elementary school down the road and I looked behind to see a group of vampires chasing me! So I kept running and soon enough I slammed into this man... he was tall, with short brown hair, wearing all black. He looked to be in his thirties or so. Pale. All I remember is slamming into him and falling backwards onto the sidewalk, terrified. Then he stepped over me and I woke up.

The night before last, I had another dream. I was wandering around in a supermarket with my mom and little brother. There was nothing on the shelves at all. We were just walking around and we stopped to listen to this woman singing. She was just standing in the middle of the aisle singing. She looked like Amy Lee from the band Evanescence, but older. Long black hair and very pale. I stood there listening to her, and started to sing along with her. When I turned around, my mom and little brother had disappeared! So I ran around the place looking for them, and I slammed into another man. He had long, curly brown hair. He wore all black and looked to be in his twenties. I apologized for slamming into him and continued walking. He brushed by me a little roughly, and I turned and gave him a confused look. He just stared back, so I turned and continued to walk and I felt him following me. I eventually turned around and saw him still behind me, and I asked why he was following me. All of a sudden, I was on the floor with him on top of me, pinning me down with my arms above my head. I struggled, and he told me to relax and turn my head. I did. I felt him get very close to my neck and I whipped my head back to look at him, and I saw long fangs. I was afraid and started to curse at him, but he told me to calm down and turn my head back. Amazingly, I did. I asked if it was going to hurt. He said, "Only for a second." I whipped my head back towards him and cursed him again, only to feel amazingly calm again. I turned my head back and exposed my neck. I could literally feel his hot breath on my neck and his lips brush my skin.

I woke up, still feeling a hot spot on my neck. I sat up and asked my friend, who had slept over at the time and was already up and just about to wake me up, if I had any marks. She looked at me funny and said, "No, why?" So I told her about my dream and now she's all freaked about it. Probably more than I am. I just find it a little odd that the last two dreams I can really, really, vividly remember have vampires in them!

Sorry this post is sssooo long! I'm just a bit worried, to be honest! I've gotten the nickname "Vamp" from some friends because I do like to read about vampires and watch vampire movies, and most of the time people only see me at night. Does that have anything to do with the dreams? Or is it something that's just unexplainable?

Thanks for your help, if you can help!

--Hilary--

#14 Moon Queen

Moon Queen

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Interests:I like to go on the computer, sing play the piano and listen to my favortie music. Hanging out with friends is cool and we always have a rockin' good time! lol

Posted 12 January 2005 - 05:14 PM

Libra,
like you i do have a pattern of my dreams but i can seam to control what i dream but only certain times. I also keep a dream journal and it seams to me around the middle of the month and somtimes a little bit closer to the begining of the month i can't help but get nightmers. It seams no matter what for about a week straight i get them but when that week is over i can control what ever i dream its just in this wek or so that i can't.
Posted Image"Don't think about tomorrow while your living in today!!"

#15 Libramoon

Libramoon

Birthday Party Streak er

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 11:56 AM

Dreams have always fasinated me. I have kept a journal now for about 2 years. I noticed that during certain times of the month, my dreams are alot
more real & vivid. :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users