Free Skins
© Fisana

St.Augustine, Florida

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 11 October 2003 - 07:42 AM

:o The oldest city in the USA has alot of interesting sites.  The lighthouse is supposed to be the most haunted place in the City of St. Augustine, but I didn't see anything although I was distracted.  I went to a wedding there.  Awesome! :P

#2 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 11 October 2003 - 08:45 AM

Annalisa, we are so glad you stopped in to join us. Please kick off your shoes get comfy and stay for a while. We hope you will decide to join us here at gv and visit us often.
St. Augustine Florida is considered to be a very haunted place.
Again I hope you will register with us and visit often.

http://www.evileditor.com/surround.htm
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

• Guests

Posted 11 October 2003 - 12:16 PM

That was very welcoming  :-*!  Thank you.  I shall!

#4 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 12 October 2003 - 12:28 PM

Good topic ;D, I'm on the left coast, but St Augustine's on my wish list of Investigation sites, most of the presences there-from what I heard-date back to the colonial era and most of the B&B's have their resident haunts ;D
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#5 Andonyx

Andonyx

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 October 2003 - 10:21 AM

Have you considered this book:

http://www.amazon.co...=books&n=507846

as a reference?

The book is almost entirely anecdotal tales, but it's an enjoyable fast paced read set against the backdrop of historical coastal Florida.

• Guests

Posted 30 October 2003 - 05:15 PM

I grew up not too far from Saint Augustine.  What a place!  There is an old Hugeonot cemetary along A1A.  Lots of orbs and things like that.  There are so many ghost tours that they trip over each other.  You've got to do at least one or two.  The feeling I get from the city is that of extreme age.  Every now and then you get a glimmer of something else.   Driving up State Road 13 is very creepy.  There are alot of old abandoned homes.  If I could live there I would.  It is a place for old souls.

#7 YankeePyrate

YankeePyrate

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • Interests:History, all things paranormal & macabre, good music, good friends, art, a few drinks...but most of all my amazing son.

Posted 30 October 2003 - 06:05 PM

I've been to St. Augustine and can verify that it carries the same sort of dark heavy, close feeling in the air that Salem does. Two very very old cities, both crowded with souls.
~ Visit my paranormal chronicles blog, "Sarah Haskell's Ghost" ~

#8 Annalisa

Annalisa

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Interests:art, gardening, theater, movies,travel,swimming

Posted 31 October 2003 - 04:31 PM

I've been to both places too!  (St. Augustine and Salem, Mass).  Boston, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C. and Williamsburg all are filled with old souls as well.  Lets not forget Savannah, Ga. and New Orleans.  Great trips!

#9 a10182

a10182

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 November 2003 - 08:10 AM

(Sigh) I havnt been to any haunted places

#10 Gargoyle0134

Gargoyle0134

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 11:13 AM

Just last week I took mt 20 yr. old daughter and a friend of hers on a "ghost hunting " trip to supposed haunted places in St. Augustine, since we only live 30 min. away.
  We took digital photos, tape recordings and temp. readings at about 6 different locations. (2 cemetaries and 4 buildings, including the old fort.) We don't yet have back the results, film, etc.., but will post when we do. -Lynn/Gargoyle

#11 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 02:23 PM

Looking forward to seeing and hearing about it Lynn. ;)
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#12 phyre

phyre

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 02:13 PM

the jail part of the fort is one of the scariest places I have been to. I remember the first time I was there when I was a young girl, it physically hurt me to walk into that dark  room (stomach cramping, shortness of breath). it still gives me chills thinking about it.

#13 Noelle1966

Noelle1966

Uses WD-40 for evil purposes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
  • Interests:Animals, ice skating, pets, animal issues, historical societies, travelling, and of course - ghost hunting.

Posted 29 July 2004 - 02:25 PM

I often stay at the St. Francis bed and breakfast.  I was just in St. Augustine about 2 weeks ago.  I stayed in St. Augustine in December of last year and got a really great photograph on one of the ghost tours.  I took a photo inside of an empty building.  When I got it developed, it wasn't empty at all!  I brought the photo to the ghost tours main office and they really found it interesting.  I am now in the process of having it placed onto disk so that I can post it on this site.
The reason that a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail and not his tongue.Do unto others, then run.Life's messy. Clean it up.

#14 ghosthunter1010

ghosthunter1010

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 07:39 PM

The scariest place in St. Augustine for me was the jail and the old powder room were they found the bodies of a women and her lover chained to the wall.  I for some reason had a creepy feeling and a burning feeling on my skin in that one room (powder room) My boyfriend and son did not have any reaction to that room.  I felt like something was burning me alive for about an hour afterwards.  I notice the temp. difference in the church and the jail.  The jail room was much much colder.  But in the powder room I felt like we should not have been there. I had to leave that room, while the others stayed and read the story about the room.  But I love that city, the school house was kind of creepy to.

#15 Noelle1966

Noelle1966

Uses WD-40 for evil purposes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
  • Interests:Animals, ice skating, pets, animal issues, historical societies, travelling, and of course - ghost hunting.

Posted 30 July 2004 - 05:04 AM

There was a show on I believe the Discovery Channel a few years ago.  It was called "Ghost Detectives."  They featured the old fort, the lighthouse, and St. Francis Bed and Breakfast.  The psychic saw quite a lot of things in the old fort.
The reason that a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail and not his tongue.Do unto others, then run.Life's messy. Clean it up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users