• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#16 Sinestro

Sinestro

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 12:59 PM

I take it that you think the subconscious mind has more access than the conscious mind to information. When someone dosen't know the answer to a question, how can the subconscious know?

Donvega, Your subconscious mind is much deeper, and holds the memory of every experience that you have ever had, whether you recall that experience consciously or not. This is why hypnosis works so well in helping people to recall past events. It is a way for them to access the deep subconscious mind. A pendulum works in the same way.

The true usefulness of a pendulum is limited only by the mind of the user. Most people use their pendulums in a variety of ways, such as:

Is this a good food for me?
Do I need to take this supplement?
Am I allergic to shellfish?
What dosage of Vitamin do I need?
Is this a happy form of exercise for me?
Where are my lost glasses?
Do I need to see a doctor for this condition?
Will I prefer movie A or movie B?
Is it in my highest and best good to take this job offer?

Your pendulum can only tell you a "yes" or a "no" because there is a limited number of movements possible-- ie, forward and back, left to right, circle to the right, circle to the left, etc...

You hold the string between thumb and forefinger. You mentally tell the subconsious to swing for yes over and over until it moves in one of the four directions. Then you do the same thing for no. Write these movements down as they will remain the code for yes and no from your subconscious. If the string is long, you will have to wait a long time to get an answer as your pendulum will move too slow. If your string is shorter, you will get answers faster. It is best to let the Subconscious select its own movements for the code. It also reduces Conscious interference and indicates to the Conscious that the Subconscious does think and reason.

Make the questions yes and no questions. Mentally repeat the question and only the question until you get a response.

Some uses of the Subconscious storage bank can lead to peace of mind. For instance, how many times have you left on a trip, got a number of miles away from home and thought, "Did I lock the door ? " or "Did I turn off the stove ? " In such a case, we either go back and check, which results in aggravation when we learn we did lock the door and delayed our trip for nothing or we worry about it all the time we are gone. With Subconscious communication, your Subconscious can tell you whether you did or didn't do something and you can return home and correct it or proceed on your trip with freedom from worry. Listen to your subconscious mind. Do you get gut feelings? Do you have intuition about certain things or people? Listen to them. That’s your subconscious mind talking (or at least TRYING) to talk to you.

When you’re in rapport with your subconscious mind, the thoughts from your conscious mind will transfer to your subconscious mind a lot easier. You’ll be able to break addictions, stop bad habits and create new habits, and really go for your goals without any self-sabotage. You cause yourself problems by being out of rapport with your subconscious mind. You solve problems and create solutions by being in rapport and working with your subconscious mind.

Remember that the pendulum is your way to interact with your own subconscious mind, and cannot tell you how someone else feels. Also by using a pendulum, is what this is suppose to show us or tell us is that it reveals an unconscious movement toward the answer. If you were to try and analyze what to do then the unconscious significance is lost. Learning about your subconscious is like finding out you have a lot more players on your team than you might have thought.

I would like to make the final point that there is nothing mystical or magical about using a pendulum... they are merely useful tools for accessing the subconscious mind, and are not paranormal in any form.

Edited by Sinestro, 12 January 2005 - 09:48 PM.

-Chris-

#17 cathylj73

cathylj73

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts
  • Interests:Animals, paranormal, Kids

Posted 31 December 2004 - 04:53 PM

I would never touch one again. When you see clock hands spinning and there is no guts in the clock (decoration only) or you hear a furnace turn on full force during the summer and dogs yelping and crying while you are messing with a ouija board COUNT ME OUT!!!
Sinestro, you said that "when you were young" you used one and nothing happen. You are only 18! How young were you? I know what you are saying and it might make sence but to always put someone down about their beliefs is hard on some people. I know were all here to try to figure out things that we dont know and we are here to also speak our minds but unless you see or feel stuff you just dont know..
Cathy
Posted ImagePosted Image(facebook) cathyld73@yahoo.com

#18 Sammy_Da_Cat

Sammy_Da_Cat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • Interests:Buddhism, hiking, meditation, Tai Chi, Yoga, reading, spending quality time with my family, and of course the paranormal.

Posted 31 December 2004 - 05:21 PM

I would never touch one again. When you see clock hands spinning and there is no guts in the clock (decoration only) or you hear a furnace turn on full force during the summer and dogs yelping and crying while you are messing with a ouija board COUNT ME OUT!!!
Sinestro, you said that "when you were young" you used one and nothing happen. You are only 18! How young were you? I know what you are saying and it might make sence but to always put someone down about their beliefs is hard on some people. I know were all here to try to figure out things that we dont know and we are here to also speak our minds but unless you see or feel stuff you just dont know..
Cathy

I don’t think sinestro is putting down any ones beliefs. The great thing about GV is that there are a lot of Non-Believers here. Having two or three or four different views on one subject can really help a person figure out what is going on in their lives. Personally I have had too many experiences not to believe in the paranormal but I also look deeply into my own mind and try to rationalize and figure out why these things happen. I tend to agree with sinestro points in some areas but then again I have never used an ouija board or a pendulum. I do not plan to in the future either.

#19 cathylj73

cathylj73

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts
  • Interests:Animals, paranormal, Kids

Posted 31 December 2004 - 05:36 PM

Im sorry I did not mean to put anyone down. I know were all here to help eachother out on all different views. If I came across as that way please accept my appology.
Cathy
Posted ImagePosted Image(facebook) cathyld73@yahoo.com

#20 Libramoon

Libramoon

Birthday Party Streak er

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy all things paranormal. I often go to haunted locations to take pictures and EVP's. I also live in an active location and have taken many pictures and EVP's in my home.<br /> I love to read just about anything and I hope one day to become a writter of both fiction and paranormal non-fiction. <br /> Our world is still a very mysterious place. We haven't even scratched the surface!

Posted 01 January 2005 - 11:15 AM

Sinestro, that is a good idea about the pendulum. I may have to try it! ;)

I like to get different opinions on different things. Everyone has their own
theories about things.
To himself everyone is immortal; he may know that he is going to die, but he'll never know that he is dead. ~Samuel Butler~

#21 SpookSeeker

SpookSeeker

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:My Work, Mystery, Fantasy, Gaming, Books, Old School Things, Life.... The usual ;)

Posted 03 January 2005 - 02:42 PM

Sammy's right, this thread especially is for both skeptics and believers to join in on. :)

And Sin's explanation on all the subconcious stuff is pretty interesting and tempts me to try out the pendulum trick. In my experiences I've learned never to under estimate the power of the subconcious, it's quite powerful. Still, then there are all these stories about stuff happening around ouijas.

...I think I'll avoid using one for now. <_<

#22 donvega

donvega

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 01:03 PM

Bottom line Sinestro, you say the subconscious mind is powerful, true. But if we are to believe that the Quija board is just a "game" and it is really our subconscious that give the answers, then it must mean that our subconscious mind can know information that the concious mind never recieved. Like the age of my mother-in-law. I did not know or had ever known her age til I asked. How could my subconscious mind atain this information? What about the movement of objects like clocks, lights and information that niether of the participants knew? I think that you give the subconscious (as deep and unexplored as our oceans) mind more credit that it deserves. For what it's worth. DonVega:-)

#23 Libramoon

Libramoon

Birthday Party Streak er

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy all things paranormal. I often go to haunted locations to take pictures and EVP's. I also live in an active location and have taken many pictures and EVP's in my home.<br /> I love to read just about anything and I hope one day to become a writter of both fiction and paranormal non-fiction. <br /> Our world is still a very mysterious place. We haven't even scratched the surface!

Posted 04 January 2005 - 07:44 PM

donvega, I agree. :D Some of the things I witnessed could not have been
someones mind.
To himself everyone is immortal; he may know that he is going to die, but he'll never know that he is dead. ~Samuel Butler~

#24 donvega

donvega

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 08:32 AM

I would like to add that I don't think it is the Ouija board itself that attracts spirits, good or bad. I believe that it is the simple act of asking for information not known to us. I don't know who or what allows spirits to enter where permission is given by us to communicate. I do believe that this simple act of asking for information from the spirit relm thats starts the process. Simply asking for spirit guidance from a sorce unknown to us, starts the ball rolling so to speak. Words have power when followed by intent and desire in our minds and heart. I believe maybe this is where the subcouncious mind may come into play. The unknown factor is what keeps me from asking for communication. That factor being, who am I communicating with, what are their motives for communicating with me, to what extent does this spirit intend to involve itself with me. How much power does it have and how if I decide to cut off communication will I be able to. So weather it is a Ouija board, a washer on the end of a string, it is our desire to communicate which opens a door. One we can't see, so closing it may prove harder than we may know.

#25 PariahPeace

PariahPeace

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 11:41 PM

then it must mean that our subconscious mind can know information that the concious mind never recieved.

I agree, I remember using a board with my ex-boyfriend, and I asked it a question he'd never know the answer to, and he was the only one touching the board, and he got the correct answer. There was no possible way he could have known the answer to my question.

Melly, thank you for those links, they're very interesting!
Posted Image

#26 Cyn

Cyn

Has a thing for owls

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts
  • Interests:I love to cook and try new and different recipes. I adore animals of all kinds. Music is another great love of mine. Paranormal and metaphysical subjects of all kinds. Nature, drawing and painting, writing, photography, reading. I am learning how to knit...but I'm not very good at it. The list is endless. The one thing that I don't have a big love for is sports. I wish I could like it, but just can't get into it for some reason.

Posted 08 January 2005 - 03:41 AM

Oujia boards really spook me out. As a pre-teen, my friend and I used to play with them thinking it was a game. Nothing really horrendous happened to us, but maybe we learned our lesson in time. We went on the board once and I asked "When am I going to die?". How stupid was that?!!!!!!!! The board said I was to die at age 75. As a pre-teen I felt that was cool...still had plenty of time. But, what if it had said something like..tomorrow, next week, or tonight, what would my reaction be? We were definitely playing with fire. At that time, there was a very popular TV actor in a very popular series who committed suicide; well my friend and I decided to try to make contact with him through the board. As we sat there concentrating, a lit candle that was sitting on the table just took off as though it was shot out of a cannon. That was the end of my Oujia experience. We stopped right there and never touched it again. I disposed of it, but since then I learned that you should never just throw it away...that you should burn it. I didn't know that. Anyway, I definitely believe that it opens a portal that maybe should remain closed,and yet we see these so-called games sitting on the shelves at Toys-R-Us just waiting for naive pre-teens (like myself) to play with it. I don't think it is so much the actual board that does the damage, it is the intent and focus upon it that opens the doorway to all kinds of activity. I was just thinking about something. I am a regular listener to Art Bell's Coast to Coast radio broadcast and he had mentioned on quite a few occasions that he had a horrible experience with a Oujia Board. He refuses to talk about it to this day. I really wish he would divulge his secret. :unsure:
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars, you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.Posted Image

#27 Crone

Crone

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigations, reading, crafts, Genealogy, Renaissance Faires,

Posted 08 January 2005 - 01:19 PM

Hmmm...the Ouija board thing again. This topic seems to come up here quite a bit. There have been some good discussion on the topic. Check the archives for the past posts.

I don't like them. I think the subconscious mind plays a small role in the results occasionally. But on a deeper level, I believe that they can often open a portal to the other side. Once that door is open, we have no control over who (or what) enters. If you're prepared to deal with whatever comes through, then by all means go ahead and use one. Most people are not prepared, though. The paranormal investigation group that I belong to is led by a member of the clergy. He knows how to deal with the negative that can come through, but it is not a pleasant thing to do, and he will not advise anyone to communicate through this method. There are many other methods of communicating that are better.
Still crazy after all these years. ....Paul Simon.... “What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.” ....Pericles......

#28 Sinestro

Sinestro

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 02:42 PM

I cannot believe that you are all afraid to even go near let alone touch a Quija Board, I don't see what the big deal is about it. I am going to go and play with one, as soon as my mom lets me get her old one out of the attic I am going to go and play around wit it :) If I experience anything odd or anything weird I will be sure to post it on here.
-Chris-

#29 snoopymom

snoopymom

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 09:55 PM

I won't even go in a room if I know one is in there - one bad experience was all it took. I also think that if you are open to something working it is more likely to happen than if you are not open to it.

For Example if you believe you have a ghost in your house because a door keeps opening and you have seen other things that don't make sense. Someone who doesn't feel like it is a ghost is going to use other reasons to rationalize the events. I try to walk a line between the two. Try to rationalize why it happened so that I don't react to everything as paranormal. But on the other hand, if I can't explain it, I am open to the idea of paranormal.

Still won't touch a Ouija board - couldn't explain that one away
I think I've discovered the secret of life - you just hang around until you get used to it. --Charles SchulzPosted Image

#30 Harmony1215

Harmony1215

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Music (all kinds except country), Witchcraft (mainly celtic but interested in everything). I love learning about all different types of religions.
    I sing the national anthem a few times a year.

Posted 11 January 2005 - 12:12 PM

i know i have posted before about the ouija board. granted you really never know who/what etc is actually contacting you so it's not a very good tool for contacting your loved ones who have passed on. BUT it is a very good tool if you just want to contact a spirit that has passed on. You just have to know how to use one correctly instead of just thinking that the board is a fun game. This is not something to just decide one night that you want to do b/c one thinks it might be "fun".

I have had great experiences using the board, but I do take precautions before using it. I just don't take out the board and start asking questions b/c god knows what you'll actually contact out there.

Please go to this website, http://www.museumoftalkingboards.com/ they have great links, and a "how to" for using the board.

good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users