#1 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 02:54 AM

I got this from a friend

Stage 1:
The first stage of a haunting is usually an attack upon the senses.
. Cold spots or Hot spots
. Unexplained Noises
. Unexplained Odors. Pleasant or Unpleasant.
. Footsteps
. Unusual animal activity to unseen threats. Growling or barking at the air.
. Unexplained feeling of being watched.
Stage 2:

In this stage the attack becomes more direct and visible.
. Unexplained whispers, moans, or laughter
. Unexplained screams.
. Moving shadows
. Drafts in closed rooms.
. Misty cloud apparitions
. Noticeable, sometimes moving static electricity.
. Unexplained visible marks on walls and floors. This would not include writing at this point.
Stage 3:

This stage is where most classic hauntings fall into. The haunting makes itself known and its done in a way that's hard to miss.
. Problems with electrical appliances.
. Being touched or grabbed by unseen hands.
. Unexplained writing on the walls or visible patterns.
. Doors opening and closing by themselves. Locking and unlocking on their own.
. The audible voices and words can be heard clearly now.
. Full apparitions or dark figures may be seen.
. It begins communication with the living.

Stage 4:

This stage is where an advanced haunting becomes more direct in purpose and begins to become dangerous.

. Unexplained flying or moving objects
. Objects become lost and found in different locations.
. Furniture will begin to shake.
. It can make aggressive physical contact, pushing or shaking.
. Household objects begin breaking or shattering without explanation
. Levitation

Stage 5:
At this stage the haunting has reached its highest point of energy and can become dangerous. It can now exert a tremendous amount of force. The length of all these stages can vary from weeks, to months, to years. After this stage the haunting usually goes dormant and then restarts the cycle after a period of rest or its disturbed by externals.
. Dangerous activity
. It can now bite, slap, and punch.
. Objects and furniture can become animated.
. Problems with household electrical fixtures.
. Battery powered items die almost immediately.
. Heavy objects can be moved or fall.
. The walls, floors, anything can be shaken.

#2 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,366 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 23 December 2004 - 06:51 AM

thats pretty interesting...i never thought of breaking a haunting down like that.
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#3 SpookSeeker

SpookSeeker

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:My Work, Mystery, Fantasy, Gaming, Books, Old School Things, Life.... The usual ;)

Posted 23 December 2004 - 02:58 PM

That's very itneresting the way it's broken up. Nice set of guidelines to judge by. I like that.

#4 little_bunny_bum_knee

little_bunny_bum_knee

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 03:02 PM

Quite interesting information. Nice to know though. Now I can rate my level of activity, lol. Thanks!
Little Bunny Bum Knee, hopping through Ghostvillage, scooping up the spirits, and bopping them on the head.

#5 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 23 December 2004 - 05:04 PM

I have yet to see anything substantial for a ghost that slaps, punches or bites. In fact I have yet to see one who can cause direct injury to a living person. Now, that doesn't mean it couldn't happen but I have never seen anything. In some rare instances, I've heard a ghost could maybe bump a person enough to send them staggering but I'm not YET convinced that one could do much more than that. I've even had a spirit knock a chair over with a considerable amount of force. So yeah it's possible, I just need to wade through more accounts of these occurances to make my assessment.

I don't know about the stages because a ghost could be more active one night and not make him/herself known for months.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#6 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 23 December 2004 - 06:26 PM

I have yet to see anything substantial for a ghost that slaps, punches or bites. In fact I have yet to see one who can cause direct injury to a living person. Now, that doesn't mean it couldn't happen but I have never seen anything. In some rare instances, I've heard a ghost could maybe bump a person enough to send them staggering but I'm not YET convinced that one could do much more than that. I've even had a spirit knock a chair over with a considerable amount of force. So yeah it's possible, I just need to wade through more accounts of these occurances to make my assessment.

I don't know about the stages because a ghost could be more active one night and not make him/herself known for months.

There is an account that took place in the 1960's here in Toronto at the MacKenzine House. This former home is now a museum, and at that time had live in caretakers. Apparently one night, the wife woke up to see a woman floating above her, and this spirit struck the woman so hard there were marks and bruising on her face.

http://www.torontoghosts.org/mack.htm

http://www.pararesea.../mack/mack.html

But in terms of possible or definite danger to a living human, mostly poltergeists fall into that category, and mainly by throwing things. There is debate as to what exactly a poltergeist is, and if it's even a ghost at all.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#7 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 24 December 2004 - 03:27 AM

Well said Vamp, poltergeists can fall in those levels usually its in stages from 1 to what ever and can be mixed up with other typs of hauntings as well like residual, inteligent, polterguest and portal hauntings. I've heard most of what was on my first posts. my friend was scratched by a ghosts :o

#8 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 24 December 2004 - 10:33 AM

Oh yes, and there was the case called Heartland Haunting, they showed it on Sightings, where the spirit they named Sarah, would scratch the husband. Of course, I've no idea what the current status of that particular case is. But that just came to mind when I read your mention of your friend being scratched.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#9 Schoolhouse1864

Schoolhouse1864

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Interests:allittle bit of everything!

Posted 27 December 2004 - 07:14 PM

Hmmmm... now what if you have items in all the levels but the higher levels are not as common as the lower levels.

For instance..... In my haunted home we have all of stage 1, 5 of 7 of the stage 2, 5 of 7 of the level 3, 2 of 6 on the level 4, and 2 of 7 of level 5. Would we be a level 1 haunting because we fit all the discriptions in there, or a 2 or 3 because we have most of these, or a full blown 5 because we have experienced some of these things?

It was a pretty vague discription, after all like it was said before most things don't happen all the time, no voices have been heard with ears only for a few months, only one time I was touched, and only once did something go fling across the room for no reason, but we have never been able to keep batteries with power in them, and light bulbs rarely keep lit for more than a week or two, some even exploding. It's really hard to place any haunting into one level.
Alas- LMackey

#10 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 03:55 AM

I think for most hauntings I would say its kinda good. it really depends on what type of haunting it is or are there two types. is the person living in the house sensitive to ghosts. are there any agents causing the activity like pk energy. poltergeists I think fall in stages the first being leval 1 to about 2 or 3. the agent becomes scared and thats where some of the levals go to 4 and 5 then start to leval 1 or 2 all over again. but as you said you don't have to have all the things in a certain stage to say its this stage. at one point in the bourley rectory case there was a poltergeists too. where things were very active. but you should read alot of the encounters in the personal encounters thread :)

#11 trudy_causey

trudy_causey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 12:50 AM

I live with several ghosts in my home and the only thing they do and it'srare is to turn the tv or stereo off and on one likes to hide things from my daughter then there is one that likes picking on my husband when he's on the computer another one likes to make the chain on my ceiling fan in the livingroom swing until it hits the blades and there is one that likes to play with plastic coke bottles in the kitchen I have caught an orb on film one night when I heard it in the kitchen, there is another that likes to pace in the hallway and a little boy who peeks in my front storm door and looks in. But none of them have ever done anything hateful. I had one to hand me my covers one night while I was asleep I got cols after kicking the covers to the foot of the bed and I was fishing around trying to find them when something handed me the blankets and put it in my hand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users