Jefferson, Texas

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 modelcitizen

modelcitizen

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting<br />Science <br />Art<br />History<br />Exotic Plants<br />Reptiles/Amphibians<br />Native American Studies

Posted 05 August 2004 - 02:22 PM

We recently took a wonerful trip to Jefferson Texas.  After hearing about it's haunted history from a member of the summer IGHS ghost hunter's convention in San Antonio, we decided to make the trip.
It's a bit out of the way from any major Texas city, but well worth the visit.  Picture a town scene straight from a Norman Rockwell painting, and you have Jefferson.  It is a very small town, and looks as if it's gone untouched since the 1950's.  Past 8pm, the residents seem to disappear entirely, making it seem like a real 'ghosttown'.  We stayed in the Jefforson hotel, which has a tumultuous history.  It's been everything from an upscale hotel, to a Chinese laundry, to a brothel.
We stayed in room 19, where it is reported that a young prostitute was murdered.  Although no murders are officially on file, one will never know because the records were destroyed in a fire.  The woman was reprted to have been killed in the tub, but was left in agony there, not taking her final breath until two days after her mortal wounds were inflicted.
After we awoke from our night's sleep in room 19, we drew a steaming hot bath.  My husband and I were puttering around the bathroom waiting for it to fill, while I watched the mirror fog up.  Slowly, across the middle, the word HELP appeared to fade in.  My eyes grew as wide as saucers as I implored my husband to watch.  As if that wasn't enough, the word JUDY faded in above 'help'. The final touch came when, on the bottom of the mirror, from right to left, the letters EDRUM faded in. They took up the width of the mirror, and a small 'r' was fingered just above the letters, since the space was used up below.  Read from right to left, it said 'Murder'.
Judy
HELP
r
EDRUM
We cleaned the mirror off, and it steamed up again, revealing the same eery message.  We bought another mirror later that day and hung it in place of the other to see if it would produce the same results, but nothing.  Apparently the message is an imprint in the original mirror.
The next night, we stayed in room 12.  The bed from room 14 had been relocated to 12.  In room 14, a woman hung herself from the chandelier in the room after her husband stood her up for their wedding.  She was apparently attached to the bed.  After sleeping in room 12, my husband told me an odd story.  Let me say first that my husband was not a believer in my ghostly interests at that point.  He told me that, although we were the sole inhabitants of the hotel that night, he saw shadows dart across the crack under the door as if someone was walking by all night.  However, he said the shadows were being produced from our side of the door. Then, a hand was lightly caressing the back of his leg, up and down, while he lay in bed.
I have read other haunted stories that originate from different rooms in that hotel, and plan on staying in another room next time!
~Stimpy

#2 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 03:59 PM

And to see that you passed within 5 miles of my house and you didnt even blow the horn, LOL. I am in Louisiana and am guessing that you traveled I-10 to Texas.

Welcome to gv, I am so glad you stopped in and hope you will stay for a while to come.

Now if my leg had been caressed like that, I would have probably had to leave the maid a large cash tip.
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#3 modelcitizen

modelcitizen

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting<br />Science <br />Art<br />History<br />Exotic Plants<br />Reptiles/Amphibians<br />Native American Studies

Posted 05 August 2004 - 05:45 PM

LOL, well I won't even tell you what my husband told me he was thinking *bad boy*

Thanks for the welcome Cajun :)
~Stimpy

#4 Guest_Ghostbuter20_*

Guest_Ghostbuter20_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2004 - 05:53 PM

REDRUM. Creepy. Technically, the woman committed suicide, not murder. It should've said EDICIUS.

#5 blueivvy

blueivvy

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 02:02 AM

I stayed in the Jefferson Hotel in June of this year.  We were in rooms 21 and 22 downstairs.  (There were five of us.)  We think there was an old lady ghost in our room.  We'd leave, come back, and it would smell like roses.  We also smelled cigar smoke (it's a non-smoking hotel backed by a $50 fine for smoking), and one woman felt someone crawl into her bed in the middle of the night.  We got some strange pictures in the room and in the upstairs hallway.  

The two people staying in room 22 had the fireplace light itself, and water in the bathtub flew up out of the tub, soaking the floor.

In 21, our phone kept ringing in the middle of the night, with all the staff gone, and no one would be there.

Freaky place!

#6 Raging Sea 910

Raging Sea 910

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 01:44 AM

interesting stories. hmm, I've been vacationing in Jefferson since 2001 and 99 percent of the time I stay in room 19. Nothing to freaky has ever happened to me. I like 19, it's a cozy little room. I've had the cobweb feeling before laying down in the dark room going to sleep, and the knock from time to time but that's not unusual for a old building. I don't think the ghosts like me. I mean i'd wanna see my tooth brush float across the room or something, some hard proof, or see the lights move. Actually as I type this I am on my laptop, in room 19 at the Jefferson Hotel, not a single person is in the hotel but me and perhaps a few ghosts. It's 12:40 in the morning.

Anyways, thanks for reading! I'll keep you all posted if anything happens!

#7 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 12 December 2006 - 06:42 AM

interesting stories. hmm, I've been vacationing in Jefferson since 2001 and 99 percent of the time I stay in room 19. Nothing to freaky has ever happened to me. I like 19, it's a cozy little room. I've had the cobweb feeling before laying down in the dark room going to sleep, and the knock from time to time but that's not unusual for a old building. I don't think the ghosts like me. I mean i'd wanna see my tooth brush float across the room or something, some hard proof, or see the lights move. Actually as I type this I am on my laptop, in room 19 at the Jefferson Hotel, not a single person is in the hotel but me and perhaps a few ghosts. It's 12:40 in the morning.

Please do! This place sounds sooooo cool! I'd love to stay there if ever given the chance...with a camera in one hand and a recorder in the other! LOL!!!
When I first read the story of the mirror and what was coming across...my first thought was that of a prank. A little vasoline on the finger, write the words and viola~instant message to scare the crap out of the next person to stay in that room. I could be wrong though...either way, great story!!!! :hug:
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#8 Raging Sea 910

Raging Sea 910

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 10:18 PM

Please do! This place sounds sooooo cool! I'd love to stay there if ever given the chance...with a camera in one hand and a recorder in the other! LOL!!!
When I first read the story of the mirror and what was coming across...my first thought was that of a prank. A little vasoline on the finger, write the words and viola~instant message to scare the crap out of the next person to stay in that room. I could be wrong though...either way, great story!!!! :lol:

Hi thanks for replying. Yeah itís a cool place. I really do love it and the town. Iíd love to live in this area someday.

Well the other night around 4am, I had awoken. I was laying on my back, with my head propped upon my arm. I jumped out of my skin when I felt something tickle my under arm. It felt like someone had a feather and lighting tickled. It startled the heck out of me, I laid there for a while and then went back to sleep.

Hereís a little info, if you ever look up info on room 19 you hear the story of a young girl getting murdered in the bath tub or some versions of it is she committed suicide. Either way those stories are false. I got this directly from the manager of the hotel. The story was a made up story on the ghost walk they have and some how it made itís way to the internet. The writing on the mirror I also belive is a hoax. So anyways just a little FYI for those interested in this old hotel. But thereís no doubt thereís something in this room. I think we are cool with each other though. Iíve been staying here since 2001.

I have two more nights here, I leave on Friday. Still hoping for the mother of all experiences, like seeing a apparition or actually seeing something be moved on itsí own.

#9 Raging Sea 910

Raging Sea 910

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 12:12 AM

well nothing else has happend so far. I'm sitting outside on the balcony. if you have a laptop and a wirless card you can pick up networks and have free internet. i thought that was pretty cool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users