Reincarnation

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 spiritwolfwoman

spiritwolfwoman

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:I like reading and hearing about Ghost stories. And reading books!

Posted 24 December 2004 - 09:36 AM

What is your opinion/expierences with reincarnation?
Spiritwolfwoman: jolena73@yahoo.com"A good haunting always refreshes the spirit."

#2 Libramoon

Libramoon

Birthday Party Streak er

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy all things paranormal. I often go to haunted locations to take pictures and EVP's. I also live in an active location and have taken many pictures and EVP's in my home.<br /> I love to read just about anything and I hope one day to become a writter of both fiction and paranormal non-fiction. <br /> Our world is still a very mysterious place. We haven't even scratched the surface!

Posted 24 December 2004 - 09:58 AM

I believe that it is a possibility. Some of the oldest religions in the world believe it. Maybe God gives us the chance to live different lives to gain a
better understanding about ourselves. We learn from all the lives we live.
Just a thought. ;)
To himself everyone is immortal; he may know that he is going to die, but he'll never know that he is dead. ~Samuel Butler~

#3 Sinestro

Sinestro

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 24 December 2004 - 10:34 AM

I will simply say I do not believe in them.
-Chris-

#4 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,352 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 24 December 2004 - 11:27 AM

http://www.ghostvill...?showtopic=4870

http://www.ghostvill...wtopic=2293&hl=
Posted Image

#5 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,352 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 24 December 2004 - 11:28 AM

I will simply say I do not believe in them.

Why do you say so?
Posted Image

#6 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 24 December 2004 - 07:43 PM

MoonChild, it is obvious that Sinestro is not at the stage where he can understand about reincarnation. And there's nothing wrong with that, we've all been there. Knowledge is a progression. When he's ready, he'll understand it. As the Buddhists say, When the student is ready, the teacher will appear. Lord knows we're all at different stages.
petunia4998

#7 Aquarius67

Aquarius67

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 December 2004 - 06:55 PM

Hello I'm a new member here and just happened upon this site which I'm quite sure was not an accident because everything in our lives happens for a reason.Coincidences and random chance do not exist in God's world.Anyway my view on re-incarnation is this 10 yrs ago I didn't believe in such things as ghosts,psychic ability,supernatural phenomena etc.... but in 1997 I decided to investigate to find out what the deal was.And since that time I'm a firm believer in all of it especially having had my own experiences in several areas
of these Meta-physical beleifs and practices.Re-incarnation is definitely real and does occur but people that do not believe in such things have not reached that Spiritual level of understanding like others that do have.So it's okay to say you don't believe but never say it's not true or doesn't happen
I use to be a non-believer until I decided to find out for myself what was really going on.I've communicated with spirits in fact the first time was in 1991 before I was aware of such practices or fully understood or believed in them.I communicated with the spirit of my unborn son who was born 2 yrs later with my girlfrined at the time,whom I might add I never planned on marrying let aloner have a child with.There are many mysterious,supernatural
sometimes unexplainable things that occur in this world but only the people that are close-minded to these events like I once was deny there existence which is really ashame because there missing out on so much about the world we live in and our existence.

#8 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 25 December 2004 - 07:02 PM

I will say that I think it happens, just not to everyone!
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#9 Aquarius67

Aquarius67

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 December 2004 - 04:46 PM

True it doesn't happen to everyone your Spirit can choose not to be re-incarnated and just live one full life long or short.But those that desire to come back as someone else or experience a different life than before may do so.

#10 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 26 December 2004 - 05:18 PM

True it doesn't happen to everyone your Spirit can choose not to be re-incarnated and just live one full life long or short.But those that desire to come back as someone else or experience a different life than before may do so.

And I also feel that spirits can become trapped between here and the afterlife. Kind of like a purgatory of sorts.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#11 Cyn

Cyn

Has a thing for owls

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts
  • Interests:I love to cook and try new and different recipes. I adore animals of all kinds. Music is another great love of mine. Paranormal and metaphysical subjects of all kinds. Nature, drawing and painting, writing, photography, reading. I am learning how to knit...but I'm not very good at it. The list is endless. The one thing that I don't have a big love for is sports. I wish I could like it, but just can't get into it for some reason.

Posted 26 December 2004 - 09:00 PM

First let me say that I was raised as a Roman Catholic. I was Christened, received Holy Communion and Confirmation. I also attended Catechism every Wednesday. I subjected myself every Saturday to Confession, where I knelt in a little dark cubicle with sweaty palms anxiously and nervously awaiting the priest to open his sliding glass window to hear my sins. Most of the time, I didn't have anything to confess, so I made stuff up. How many sins could a kid commit in one week?! I said the usual...I cursed, I argued with my parents, etc. even if it wasn't true...Oh, then I said "I lied" just to cover my tracks. He would say some prayers and I would recite the Act of Contrition and then he would give me my penance. I would have to kneel at the alter and say my penance (i.e. two Hail Marys and one Our Father). As I grew older I realized that for me personally, this whole ritual was not necessary. I live my life as a spiritual being and I don't feel that I have to confess my sins to another human being who is probably sinning more than I am. My sins are betweeen God and myself, it is a private and personal relationship. I always try to do the right thing for the people that I love and the people that I meet, so I don't feel that I have to apologize to anyone.

Anyway, that is my religious history. What I was trying to point out is that although I was born and raised a Catholic, I don't always share that philosophy. I have in the past and still do believe in reincarnation. To me, that is the only thing that makes any sense to me. It involves Karma, and it is fair. You reep what you sow. How else can we explain the unfairness and tragedy that life can bring to a person. For example, a young child could be brutally murdered...what is the purpose behind this? If we believe in Karma and Reincarnation than maybe there is a reason. Maybe that child had to work something out from a previous life to better his/her soul. Maybe that child chose his/her own fate to advance. It's just an example, but I really feel that there is some truth behind this theory. I also believe that when we die, we choose our parents, our circumstances, our illnesses, everything. When we are here we can't really understand why we chose to live this way, but there is a greater plan.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars, you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.Posted Image

#12 Libramoon

Libramoon

Birthday Party Streak er

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy all things paranormal. I often go to haunted locations to take pictures and EVP's. I also live in an active location and have taken many pictures and EVP's in my home.<br /> I love to read just about anything and I hope one day to become a writter of both fiction and paranormal non-fiction. <br /> Our world is still a very mysterious place. We haven't even scratched the surface!

Posted 27 December 2004 - 10:18 AM

That was very well put, Cyn. Reincarnation does make sense. God gives us
the chance to live different lives so we can better understand others. Some
people say, why would you chose to come back & get cancer & suffer from it.
Well, we know that our spirit will survive. Maybe getting & dying from cancer
will help you learn more about faith, or survival, or even love.
The one thing that I can't figure out, if indead it is real, is why the earth is
so populated. When I was in high school, my science teacher said that there
are more people on this earth now alive, than all the people that has ever lived since the beginning of time. I find that hard to believe! I'm not saying
it's not a fact, but that is alot of people! :blink:
To himself everyone is immortal; he may know that he is going to die, but he'll never know that he is dead. ~Samuel Butler~

#13 Sammy_Da_Cat

Sammy_Da_Cat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • Interests:Buddhism, hiking, meditation, Tai Chi, Yoga, reading, spending quality time with my family, and of course the paranormal.

Posted 27 December 2004 - 11:28 PM

To me, that is the only thing that makes any sense to me. It involves Karma, and it is fair. You reep what you sow. How else can we explain the unfairness and tragedy that life can bring to a person. For example, a young child could be brutally murdered...what is the purpose behind this? If we believe in Karma and Reincarnation than maybe there is a reason. Maybe that child had to work something out from a previous life to better his/her soul. Maybe that child chose his/her own fate to advance. It's just an example, but I really feel that there is some truth behind this theory. I also believe that when we die, we choose our parents, our circumstances, our illnesses, everything. When we are here we can't really understand why we chose to live this way, but there is a greater plan.

When Karma is involved you do not get to chose. That is a rule of Karma. Karma is the balance in all life. Even if you live 100 years as a saint you can be thrown into the depths of the hell realms simply because 5 thousand lives before that you commited a crime against humanity. When thinking of Karma you must rember that if it is real then it has been real from beginingless time. It is not just the past 1 or 2 lives you must pay for it is every life you have ever had.

#14 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 28 December 2004 - 07:54 PM

MoonChild, it is obvious that Sinestro is not at the stage where he can understand about reincarnation. And there's nothing wrong with that, we've all been there. Knowledge is a progression. When he's ready, he'll understand it. As the Buddhists say, When the student is ready, the teacher will appear. Lord knows we're all at different stages.

Hmmmm....tell me, what if he DOES understand the concept of Reincarnation as held by various faiths in the world, yet does not feel it to be 'real' (for lack of a better term)?

After all, I understand the concept of Reincarnation, I understand the purpose behind it as held by many faiths. But it is NOT part of my faith. So I personally, do not have it in my, how shall I put this, theology? In other words, I don't really think that I will reincarnate.

So tell me, is that so horribly wrong? I don't belittle those who do believe in Reincarnation, I do not scoff at faiths that have it as a part of their theology and spiritual understanding. It's just not mine.

Every faith and spiritual system is different.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#15 Cyn

Cyn

Has a thing for owls

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts
  • Interests:I love to cook and try new and different recipes. I adore animals of all kinds. Music is another great love of mine. Paranormal and metaphysical subjects of all kinds. Nature, drawing and painting, writing, photography, reading. I am learning how to knit...but I'm not very good at it. The list is endless. The one thing that I don't have a big love for is sports. I wish I could like it, but just can't get into it for some reason.

Posted 28 December 2004 - 08:03 PM

To me, that is the only thing that makes any sense to me. It involves Karma, and it is fair. You reep what you sow.  How else can we explain the unfairness and tragedy that life can bring to a person. For example, a young child could be brutally murdered...what is the purpose behind this? If we believe in Karma and Reincarnation than maybe there is a reason. Maybe that child had to work something out from a previous life to better his/her soul. Maybe that child chose his/her own fate to advance. It's just an example, but I really feel that there is some truth behind this theory.  I also believe that when we die, we choose our parents, our circumstances, our illnesses, everything. When we are here we can't really understand why we chose to live this way, but there is a greater plan.

When Karma is involved you do not get to chose. That is a rule of Karma. Karma is the balance in all life. Even if you live 100 years as a saint you can be thrown into the depths of the hell realms simply because 5 thousand lives before that you commited a crime against humanity. When thinking of Karma you must rember that if it is real then it has been real from beginingless time. It is not just the past 1 or 2 lives you must pay for it is every life you have ever had.

I agree with you Sammy about not being able to choose where Karma is concerned. But, what I was trying to say is when we are in transition...before we reincarnate, we see things as they really are and know what is best for our soul's progress, even if it seems like a bad choice later on. I hope I made sense here. Sometimes these things are hard to put into words. :)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars, you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users