Reincarnation

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16 Sammy_Da_Cat

Sammy_Da_Cat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • Interests:Buddhism, hiking, meditation, Tai Chi, Yoga, reading, spending quality time with my family, and of course the paranormal.

Posted 28 December 2004 - 09:22 PM

I can understand that Cyn. No matter what type of life we are given I still believe that what a person has discovered passes over. Even if someone gets a bad life they will have a chance to better themselves. Karma is not vindictive, it just balances things out. The whole thing is so astronomically complex it’s hard to figure out what someone should learn to balance out the equation. There is said to be an area, Bardo, which one enters after death. In this area you are given a chance to find some answers to defeating Karma. But you can’t stay in Bardo forever. When you are born again you can use this knowledge to seek answer to life’s questions. Until Karma rears its head again.

#17 bardo

bardo

Would like to sit on the clouds and watch the world

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Interests:the world here and beyond...lol anything ghosty I don't watch very much tv but when i do it's shows like supernatural.<br />I love music ....going to concerts.....groups like the dropkickmurphys,floggingmollies,pogues, some old stuff like the clash and joe strummer. I just saw Bob Dylan and The Who .<br />I like just about anything but country I do love Johnny cash though!<br />I love walking my dogs and getting outside as much as possible .<br />I plan on living until I'm at least 150 .

Posted 28 December 2004 - 10:09 PM

From the moment of death and for three or four days afterwards the principal of consciousnessin the case of the ordinary person deceased is beleived to be a trance -state.
You are unaware as a rule that you have been seperated from the human- plane body.
This is the period of the first bardo or after death state.
The transitional state of the moment of death is the first of many bardo stages we must go through.
This is the normal process but people with exceptional minds, will only experience the first few days of bardo.the most enlightened may escape all the bardo passing into a paradise realm.
Posted Image Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's questions. Edgar Cayce

#18 SpookSeeker

SpookSeeker

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:My Work, Mystery, Fantasy, Gaming, Books, Old School Things, Life.... The usual ;)

Posted 29 December 2004 - 07:36 AM

I'm of two minds when it comes to reincarnation. It's not part of my religion, christian greek orthodox, but strangely I've seen enough 'evidence' to believe in the possibility. what's even stranger is my priest also believes in reincarnation.

In most christian faiths they believe that if you're good you go to heaven and if you're bad you go to hell. Maybe there's more to it then just that? Maybe the buhdist (sorry I suck at spelling) faith is on to something too with spiritual enlightment. Maybe we keep getting reincarnated until our soul is fully evolved and only then get to move on? Or maybe we keep getting reincarnated until we fulfill a purpose? Or maybe heaven and hell are just abstract concepts of karma. Or maybe heaven and hell are just some sort of cosmic pit stop on the way back like staying over night at a motel on road trip, if you been good you get the luxury suite and if you're bad you get the room next to the ice machine.

#19 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 29 December 2004 - 01:55 PM

MoonChild, it is obvious that Sinestro is not at the stage where he can understand about reincarnation.  And there's nothing wrong with that, we've all been there.  Knowledge is a progression.  When he's ready, he'll understand it.  As the Buddhists say, When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.  Lord knows we're all at different stages.

Hmmmm....tell me, what if he DOES understand the concept of Reincarnation as held by various faiths in the world, yet does not feel it to be 'real' (for lack of a better term)?

After all, I understand the concept of Reincarnation, I understand the purpose behind it as held by many faiths. But it is NOT part of my faith. So I personally, do not have it in my, how shall I put this, theology? In other words, I don't really think that I will reincarnate.

So tell me, is that so horribly wrong? I don't belittle those who do believe in Reincarnation, I do not scoff at faiths that have it as a part of their theology and spiritual understanding. It's just not mine.

Every faith and spiritual system is different.

Well put! Petunia's post makes it seem like everyone will come to the same conclusion during this life, and of course it will agree with her faith.

Petunia's post also had some validity - not everyone understands the same thing when they hear a religious term like reincarnation.

I have heard different versions of reincarnation. Some believe that humans can only come back as humans. Others believe you will move to a higher or lower lifeform (Dahrma - from Dahrma & Greg - believes she was a horse in a past life).

I personally believe in revivification or resurrection. We existed as spirits before birth. We come down to this earth to gain a physical body. At death, our spirits go to the Spirit World to await the resurrection. Upon resurrecting, we gain a perfect immortal body. We are judged and sent to one of three kingdoms of glory or Outer Darkness (what other Christians call Hell). Those in the highest kingdom may go on to become gods and goddesses of their own world.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#20 Cyn

Cyn

Has a thing for owls

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts
  • Interests:I love to cook and try new and different recipes. I adore animals of all kinds. Music is another great love of mine. Paranormal and metaphysical subjects of all kinds. Nature, drawing and painting, writing, photography, reading. I am learning how to knit...but I'm not very good at it. The list is endless. The one thing that I don't have a big love for is sports. I wish I could like it, but just can't get into it for some reason.

Posted 04 January 2005 - 08:08 PM

That was very well put, Cyn. Reincarnation does make sense. God gives us
the chance to live different lives so we can better understand others. Some
people say, why would you chose to come back & get cancer & suffer from it.
Well, we know that our spirit will survive. Maybe getting & dying from cancer
will help you learn more about faith, or survival, or even love.
The one thing that I can't figure out, if indead it is real, is why the earth is
so populated. When I was in high school, my science teacher said that there
are more people on this earth now alive, than all the people that has ever lived since the beginning of time. I find that hard to believe! I'm not saying
it's not a fact, but that is alot of people! :blink:

You raise an interesting point, and I really don't have an answer to it. Just that maybe, new souls are being created every day... and the ones that chose not to reincarnate for a very long while have decided that they want to "try again". They had to wait for the right time, which would cause an influx of new life. Just a thought! :o
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars, you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.Posted Image

#21 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 05 January 2005 - 01:38 AM

and also check a few interesting discussions we have had on re-incarnation.

http://www.ghostvill...wtopic=2293&hl=

http://www.ghostvill...l=reincarnation

http://www.ghostvill...wtopic=2182&hl=

http://www.ghostvill...owtopic=297&hl=

http://www.ghostvill...l=reincarnation

infact there are a few more threads on the same subject.
Posted Image

#22 Libramoon

Libramoon

Birthday Party Streak er

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy all things paranormal. I often go to haunted locations to take pictures and EVP's. I also live in an active location and have taken many pictures and EVP's in my home.<br /> I love to read just about anything and I hope one day to become a writter of both fiction and paranormal non-fiction. <br /> Our world is still a very mysterious place. We haven't even scratched the surface!

Posted 13 January 2005 - 12:14 PM

Well, I'm still trying to make up my mind about reincarnation. I believe in it
more than not. I remember watching Unsolved Mysteries years ago about
this. In fact, the town I live in was included. A man who lives in another state
had had dreams of my town and even knew people & places here, even though he's never been here. So the production team of the show brought him
here for the first time. He knew exactly where everything was, even stuff that
no longer excisted.
He believes that his "old" body is buried in a tiny little country cemetary not
far from me. I thought it was really strange. Every time I drive by it, I think
about that man.
To himself everyone is immortal; he may know that he is going to die, but he'll never know that he is dead. ~Samuel Butler~

#23 fiannagirl

fiannagirl

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Interests:i like werewolves and to stare at the moon i also am in love with orlando bloom

Posted 13 January 2005 - 01:08 PM

my own religion opinion is that you can be reincarnated but that there is on great spirit of nature and she watches over us ans gives us our totems
tread softly mortal tis werewolves in these parts

#24 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 05:01 AM

Great topic and one I'm sure to visit alot! :ghost:

I have a question to add here. What does everyone think of "old souls." Some people, even at a young age, are termed "old souls" by others. For years, people have told me I'm an "old soul" and I have met people (just a few) who do seem to be "old souls" to me. I've even heard of babies seeming to be "old souls."

To clarify, by "old souls" I mean, people who seems to have far more knowledge of the complexities of life, love, human spirit, human nature, etc. Either for their age or just in general as relating to the general population. Typically, I see old souls as people who are over-whelmingly sympathetic and wise.

Could this just be someone being mature for their age or could it be someone who has seen more of a variety of life than others around them (such as: various tragedies, joys, etc.) and is more open, sympathetic and mature to others because of it or could it have something to do with reincarnation?

Just curious. I think, because I believe in reincarnation, that it could go in any of the ways I mentioned above and there are most certainly other answers for it. I think, in some cases, the "old souls" could be reincarnated beings...but, I also think that some people have simply seen a much more severely "bi-polar" world than others because of various tragedies and/or joys that they have experienced and could, in-turn, gain a much greater maturity and sympathy for others in that process.

Viv

#25 snappygator

snappygator

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 03:28 PM

Great topic and one I'm sure to visit alot! :whee:

I have a question to add here. What does everyone think of "old souls." Some people, even at a young age, are termed "old souls" by others. For years, people have told me I'm an "old soul" and I have met people (just a few) who do seem to be "old souls" to me. I've even heard of babies seeming to be "old souls."

To clarify, by "old souls" I mean, people who seems to have far more knowledge of the complexities of life, love, human spirit, human nature, etc. Either for their age or just in general as relating to the general population. Typically, I see old souls as people who are over-whelmingly sympathetic and wise.

Could this just be someone being mature for their age or could it be someone who has seen more of a variety of life than others around them (such as: various tragedies, joys, etc.) and is more open, sympathetic and mature to others because of it or could it have something to do with reincarnation?

Just curious. I think, because I believe in reincarnation, that it could go in any of the ways I mentioned above and there are most certainly other answers for it. I think, in some cases, the "old souls" could be reincarnated beings...but, I also think that some people have simply seen a much more severely "bi-polar" world than others because of various tragedies and/or joys that they have experienced and could, in-turn, gain a much greater maturity and sympathy for others in that process.

Viv

Viv: I have a question to add here. What does everyone think of "old souls." Some people, even at a young age, are termed "old souls" by others. For years, people have told me I'm an "old soul" and I have met people (just a few) who do seem to be "old souls" to me. I've even heard of babies seeming to be "old souls."

Sometimes old soul can mean many things, a lot of the "old souls" around harbor pain and suffering. It's not that they want everyone to feel for them, most of them have learned that in the end no matter who chooses to walk with them, on their path in life, it is essentailly them and God, or whatever one would call God. Some babies are born and you look into their eyes and you realize that they're old. They come in with more knowledge than you typically associate with a Baby, those we call genius's, are they genius's because they solved complex math problems from the moment they could talk, or are they genius's because they studied under someone many lifetimes in a row and now they have come to apply what they have learned? What is it that we are made of? Where does it come from when we hear things externally or know them inherently? Are we all just psychic or have we spent many many lifetimes gathering knowledge to make a judgement based on a feeliung, a sense of electricity?

V: To clarify, by "old souls" I mean, people who seems to have far more knowledge of the complexities of life, love, human spirit, human nature, etc. Either for their age or just in general as relating to the general population. Typically, I see old souls as people who are over-whelmingly sympathetic and wise.

Many "Old Souls" come to earth and are lost for a long time too. They get here, and are confuse. It is because i believe they had things they were doing in the last lifetime and it can be like what the heck? Where do I begin and what has to end I'm in the middle of the freaking book! They can be sympathetic and wise, but many will remember past lives and you have to tear through layer after layer of built up padding. It's armor they carry. Can you imagine living in Nazi germany and having to kill your children with an OD of a drug to save them from fates worse than death? Can you imagine being blown apart in Vietnam? Many who are old have very vivid memories. It's one of the curses they will tell you. The double edged sword. Not to scare anyone but knowledge of the past is and can be painful and traumatic. If someone suffers they are wiser, but harder to get to. Imagine Post Traumatic stress over thousands of years?

A lot of good can come from it though too. There are many beautiful people born of adverse life conditions. many old souls suffer at the hands of another, because it's one more lesson to learn. It seems that even in our moment of sorrow we are learning to avoid sorrow itself or let it go, or keep it near us if we need to. Is enlightenment born of sorrow? Probably yes, but it's also born of our greatest joys. Can you imagine the day without sometime simple that makes you happy? One moment of that thing which could erase anything you may have suffered. I don't know if I am clarifying old soul, raising further questions, or going off on a tangent, but another thing some choose to experience being a ghost.

V:Just curious. I think, because I believe in reincarnation, that it could go in any of the ways I mentioned above and there are most certainly other answers for it. I think, in some cases, the "old souls" could be reincarnated beings...but, I also think that some people have simply seen a much more severely "bi-polar" world than others because of various tragedies and/or joys that they have experienced and could, in-turn, gain a much greater maturity and sympathy for others in that process.

The maturity and sympathy does come from suffering as I have stated above, but I don't know how old any of us really are. I often hear of it as being weary....however...that can happen with too much stress. Who knows, it is all food for thought though. Sometimes I hear the memories are the toughest things to deal with whether this life time or many removed. It is what it is. Life is messy. Everyone grows up in some sort of dysfunctional home. We're human we spawn dysfunction, always pushing ourselves to rise above it.

Andrea

#26 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 07:06 PM

I think we have a reason to be here and lessons to learn from each life we live. Try to look at it like building a house. the first house you build is ok but you didn't put in enought bedrooms. You learned a lesson for the next house you build. Each time we are reborn and graduate to the next plan we are getting closer to the suprem being. Finally after many life lesson that you complete you may become a guide for other souls who need help. you can't be an angel because they have never been in human form.
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#27 Chedwick

Chedwick

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:I have alot of interrests, I do love animals and like to sew and make crafts. I like to snorkel and travel and of course garden! I love horror movies and creepy things and this site is great!I have the ability to sense and see things but I have no control over, hopefully I can learn to someday. I joined just because I will find my down time here reading. looking forward to learning. Iam also married and have no children.

Posted 20 April 2006 - 11:59 PM

I have been told I was a "old soul" from varoius people. I think when it really comes down to it, Iv'e been here and done that more than twice. but it's not explainable. I beleive each time we come back we have a task to complete..young or old kinda like once you complete what you were asked to do then it's time to go. you have learned, experienced, lived thru or accomplished. which ever it is, once you complete it, then its time to move on like a revolving door, I guess thats how I feel about it. i know I have been here more than twice.
[B][FONT=Impact][SIZE=1][COLOR=green]

#28 snappygator

snappygator

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 08:37 AM

I have been told I was a "old soul" from varoius people. I think when it really comes down to it, Iv'e been here and done that more than twice. but it's not explainable. I beleive each time we come back we have a task to complete..young or old kinda like once you complete what you were asked to do then it's time to go. you have learned, experienced, lived thru or accomplished. which ever it is, once you complete it, then its time to move on like a revolving door, I guess thats how I feel about it. i know I have been here more than twice.

I think I have too. When I was a teenager I got the biggest wake up call of my life. I tried to kill myself. I wasn't allowed to. In fact I am very lucky that I have all my faculties and am in no way damaged. I believe we are here to accomplish something. Something that is great to us in our own lives. I went somewhere when I died, but wasn't allowed to stay there. I never saw my relatives, or my lost anything. I only saw a stream and a mountain. The day was pretty not too bright not too dark, and I was happy, alas I didn't get to stay. I was also given the sens that I'd be here until I was 105 or 106 at least and then finally go because everything was done, and I was bored. I have no idea whether it's true or not. I somtimes get someone telling me 80 more years. Well I hope that's enough time to accomplish what I need to. It's an awful long time, until it passes I suppose, then it will but seem a moment.

Andrea

#29 johnspurling

johnspurling

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 11:06 PM

All I will really say on the topic is that it would seem to be the most logical course of action if we have souls at all. The Christian theology seems to me wasteful and unfair: You only get one chance, and if you fail the test you are cast down into some lake of fire to burn for eternity. A rather childish belief, unbecoming as a system allegedly maintained by a god of infinite wisdom. Reincarnation is the equivalent of biological evolution: i.e., spiritual evolution. Rather than, say, throwing a child into a fireplace if he doesn't pass the first grade, he is instead kept back in first grade until he "passes." Then he moves on to the next grade. There's just something infinitely more logical about reincarnation.

BTW, the work of Ian Stevenson is pretty interesting. If you're unfamiliar with his work, look him up on Google.
- John Spurling -

#30 Flormarina

Flormarina

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Interests:I love poetry, and photography, music and oil painting, in general I love nature, with all its splendour and glory. The paranormal has been one of my favourites hobbies.

Posted 02 May 2006 - 08:27 PM

I think that re-incarnation is the only way we can understand, God's justices, goodness, mercy, and love.

I was raised believing only in heaven and hell, that was very scary, and I was very into religion at one time, so reincarnation was out of the question for me.
As a caring person, I had lot's of questions about this heaven and hell, chosen one, and lost souls, that produced a angry feeling and a questionable mind about what kind of God I believed in.
What made me do some research was, after my second son was born... he was very awake and eyes open when he was born, like if he was just watching us... he was a very good baby, and when he started to walk, at twelve months, he would play with a stick on his shoulder, and he would make a big bundle of toys, or whatever he found and go around like guarding it, with a stick over his over his shoulder. He would seat down and draw for many hrs... he would said “I am guarding my castle, I have to protect my queen”, sometimes he would seat down and stared like when you get lost in a memory and I would ask him what's wrong? He would said... the trees, I have to go through them, to the other side, other time he was like crawling so I asked him what was he doing he said, “I am tired and thirsty, I think I am going to die”, there were many incidents. like that... he was about 1 to 6 or 7 years, when he lived like in a memory, ... I was told by the church leader that he probably was demon posses, but he was a very good baby, no trouble at all, never gave me any problems, he lived in his “imaginary” world. I started to read about reincarnation, and I asked him one time, what was his name he intermediately answered... “I am the black prince, I am a night, and I am protecting my castle and my queen”.... I was still skeptical, but I almost fell of my chair when I wrote the word, on the search engine in Internet, “Black prince” and got a black prince... now this is a little 5 year old how has never read history, and I didn't even know there was a black prince in history. Well he played to be a night, guarding his castle with a very serious face, for about 5 years, ever since he started to walk... after he got so persecuted by the religious, that he was afraid to even say anything any more. Now my daughter's memories are not has dramatic but she used to tell me like if it was yesterday's memories.. how she lived, and how she died.

So that experience with my son and my daugther, together with all the questions I had about God... the devil,, heaven and hell, religious people actitude, just made me think really hard about everything... at the end I figure.. and that's my own philosophy, so I might be wrong... “reincarnation is the only way I can truly said, God is a just God.... and justify his love for his creation). I am still thinking a lot about the subject, but for now, I am satisfy with my conclusion.

I would like to add that my son and daughter, are very happy, studying and working like any normal person would do, and don't want to talk about this any more... he is 22 and my daughter 20.

:)
Flormarina
Posted ImageFlormarinaIf you got something to tell the world, write a book....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users