• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 opterasis

opterasis

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 06:22 AM

well im quite sick of driving hours on end to check out places(i used half a tank of gas to go to spidergate), so does anyone know of any good places in western mass other than Rock-a-dundee road in hampden and pinehill cemetery in westfield?
myspace.com/corecontagionmy DVDAF

#2 Hudak

Hudak

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Location:x0|Hadley, MA|USA||0|0|MA,Massachusettsx0|Hadley, MA|USA||0|0|MA,Massachusetts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 08:49 AM

Where exactly do you live in Western MA? I'm in Hadley, right near Northampton and Amherst. I've been around most of the local haunts near me but have never heard of Pinehill Cemetery in Westfield.

In Hadley, my hometown, their are several haunted locations. Hadley was a town built in the late 1700's and was home to many Indian Wars, then led to a lot of paranormal activity. At the end of Meadow St. in Hadley, their is an abandoned house, it is said that the father beat and his children and his son latter stabbed him. I, and a group of friends, have done a complete search of the house, (all on vidoe tape), and have heard voices and seen odd things out of the corners of our eyes.
  Also in Hadley, right off Rt. 47, is the Porter-Phelps-Huntington House, this is an origional house from the late 1700's when Hadley was first made a town, Indian Wars took place it the back-yard, and four different families have lived there. The cartaker, a friend of mine, says that the beds are made each night, and when she goes back the next morning, it looks as though someone has slept in them, things move around the house, candles light and go out, and you can hear voices.
  Again, in Hadley, right past Meadow St., off of 47, is the North Hadley Cemetery. This place, which I also have vidoe footage of, is extremely wierd. Their is an alter in the north-east section of the cemetery, and the ground around it is extremely soft. At night you can hear voices, and I have seen a ghostly figure, wearing colonial cloths with a shovel, leaning up against a tree, just several months ago.
  Off of Rt. 47 (In Hadley), past Meadow St., and right by the river, is an Indian War ground, at night, if theirs fog, you can make out shapes of horses and men, riding through the corn fields, the fog parts, and the corn moves as they pass. Voices can also be heard.
  Right off of South Maple St. (Still in Hadley) their is a section of woods where over 200 coloniails died in the early 1800's. Figures have been seen, voices are heard, and "things" follow you. I have never been more scared in my life after going into these woods.

Also in Western MA, is the Northampton State Hospital (in the process fo being torn down). This palce is supposedly extremely haunted.

The Belchertown Public Highschool is home to several ghosts, a girl hung herself in a hall-way about 30 years ago. At night, the lockers supposedly open and close and the hallway is always several degress cooler.

In Goshen, the town cemetery is extremely active. In the early 1800's, a family ran a counter-fit business under the cemetery, their are tunnels all over Goshen that lead to the cemetery. Athorities arrested this family but blew up the business, causin a lot of distruction in the cemetery, stones are scewed and some graves were moved. People have said to have seen figures and odd feelings of nausea as they enter the cemetery. (day or night)

Now, if you plan on visiting any haunts in my hometown, I suggest you come with a good attitude, and show great respect for these spirits, they are unlike any other I have encountered, and can easily scare you beyond anything else.

I hope I was of some help to you.

If you'd like more info., IM me at Hudak87, or PM me.

#3 opterasis

opterasis

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 08:53 AM

you deffinately were. im in Westfield, about 30 min from you, closer to the springfield area. so any more suggestions in that area would be great.

#4 Hudak

Hudak

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Location:x0|Hadley, MA|USA||0|0|MA,Massachusettsx0|Hadley, MA|USA||0|0|MA,Massachusetts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 07:43 PM

I'm not positive on many in the Springfield area... I'm sure there are a lot of street corners that have paranormal activity, with all the shootings and such. The area near the Springfield highschool is extremely old, withc would most likely have a lot of activity.

For some actual haunts, you'd need to come closer to me, where the towns are older.

#5 opterasis

opterasis

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 04:47 AM

id have no problem traveling to hadley. actually my girlfriends cousin lives in hadley, across the street from a cemetery, near big y.

#6 Rob-JAR-Brown

Rob-JAR-Brown

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 09:10 PM

Hey Guys,

I'm from Southwick MA, Directly south of Westfield. Your looking too fair. Southwick has a ton of places to look for paranormal activity. There was a massacre in 1685 down the street from Laro Road. House down North Long-Yard Road are Loaded with activity.

In the first house right over the line of westfield and southwick (on Pontussic road) there have been Shadow People seen and heard. This was the house that I used to live in. Stuff would be moved on us and our neighbors would complain about the sounds coming from our house when we weren't home.

There were Human remains dug up about 3 years ago on a tabacoo farm and the ghost is in the old Tingly house. Yes, the Haunted House in Southwick is actually haunted. I went to school with the girl who died in the house. I believe that she is also in there. (if you look at the window over the door at night you will see something breathing on the glass and hand prints appear out of no where. Sketchy Crap to see. There is also a full-body apparition seen walking from the barn that is attacted to the house into the field and then disappearing.

My grandmother lives in a house on this road and I have seen a few ghost in this house, and was actually harassed by one. My cousin and I slept over and weren't able to sleep because the ghost of a child was throwing toys at us. I woke up with a bruise in the shape of a fist on my thigh. There have been Voices heared, Full-body apparitions seen, Shadow people seen, and a dead cat walks through the house at night.

Down the road is the old school-house which was converted into a house. The old school teacher has been seen and the beds are always made even though no one had been home all day. My aunt lives in this home.

There is also a native american burial ground at the foot of the mountain in the woods. My cousin and I stumbled upon it when we were hikeing in the woods.

The newer houses do not have as much activity, but the older ones have enough to spare.

#7 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 23 December 2006 - 09:14 PM

Wow! If anyone ever gets a chance to take some pictures of this place & finds anything interesting...please post, we just love pictures!!!!
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#8 levi

levi

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:ghost hunting, roadtrips, playing guitar, horror movies, and being me.

Posted 27 December 2006 - 10:54 PM

Have you tried Fort hill road in Easthampton? There's supposed to be a phantom hitch hiker (I have never seen her yet). But my friends and I have seen a female shape wandering the fields on more than one occasion, a phantom buick that appeared and dispeared quickly, and a transparent human form hanging from a tree. It's easy to find from Easthampton it's off of east street and from Northampton, route 10 heading to northampton, take Olive street it'll be a right heading from easthampton to northampton, that connects to old springfield road bear right at the fork and O.S. road turns into fort hill road. The only small problems with this road is during the late winter and into spring the bridge on the Easthampton side gets closed and during the summer the cops patrol it on Fri. and Sat. looking for partys (but it is a public road).
Sign says "next sign 30 miles."

#9 jackiesarah

jackiesarah

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 07:55 PM

Have you ever been to the abandoned neighborhood in Westfield? It's seriously weird...there's roughly about 10 homes built in a circle way down...it's just past valley view road on City View road right by the shell station...it's hard to find and you have to drive about a mile down a really really bad old paved road...but it's there. I have no idea of the story behind it but it's strange, all the houses are built in a similar fashion and some have obviously been lived in while others look like they were never completed. It set far back from the main road...and it's obviously a homeless hangout...or a party spot. If you know anything about it please let me in on it, I'd love to find out the story.

#10 wishfulthinkin07

wishfulthinkin07

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:anything supernatural, Wicca, music, guitars, books, etc.

Posted 29 September 2007 - 03:25 AM

Springfield resident here.

Personally, I cannot inform you of any haunts around here. Most of the places I've heard are either residential or have been demolished. As mentioned above, the old Northampton Mental Hospital is definitely a must if you can get in.

One of my friends had mentioned something about there being a haunting in Forest Park, but I haven't heard anything more of it so it's not certain in my book.

Also, recently listed on the Shadowlands is Van Horn Park, but I'm having trouble believing that. The water does look disgusting the further you get into the park, but besides that, I haven't sensed/seen anything. Besides, the park at night is wicked dangerous. Too many hobos and drunks around.

Referring to that abandoned neighborhood in Westfield, whoa. I would definitely like to hear more about that.
Merry Part and Blessed Be!

#11 levi

levi

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:ghost hunting, roadtrips, playing guitar, horror movies, and being me.

Posted 30 September 2007 - 05:38 PM

I think I found the abandoned village using google's satelite view. there is an unlabeled rd off of city view. interesting.

#12 wishfulthinkin07

wishfulthinkin07

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:anything supernatural, Wicca, music, guitars, books, etc.

Posted 04 October 2007 - 05:56 AM

Hmm, is this what you are talking about?

Posted Image

If so, I'd just like to say this: lol. I remember seeing this off in the distance and just staring. However, there are a lot of these types of streets around Western Mass. If I could, I would check this out, but I'm home-bound for now. Anyone gonna take a shot?
Merry Part and Blessed Be!

#13 levi

levi

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 05:30 PM

nope, that's not it. an easier way to find the abandoned nieghborhood (of doom). in google map enter in butternut rd in westfield, ma. click the hybrid map button. you'll see city view rd make a t-intersection with butternut rd. about an inch and a half over to the right is an unmarked street that leads to (what looks like) an abandoned niegborhood. it fits the the desription posted early. it's not that hard to find, my finacee and I found the entrance road the other night. we're going to try and actually go there in week or two when we both can get a day off of work.

#14 GhostCat

GhostCat

Certified husband trainer....guaranteed he won't track dirt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Interests:Travelling New England by land and sea, local history, houses - as I am a real estate appraiser, I teach Special Education too, love all the kids I work with... they teach me too, lol, and add lots of smiles to my day....my cats, my goffin cockatoo parrot that is loud, smart and talkative, walking, bicycling, skiing, ice hockey, watching the Patriots, the Bruins and the Red Sox (Woo Hoo.. Fenway Painters..My sister and brother in laws business that paint the Park and my nephew that paints the famous "green monster") lighthouses, antiques, gardening, trying new restaurants, classic movies (love Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock), big band music, laughing and being around others that like to laugh, ghost stories - I love to hear other peoples experiences as I have so many to tell myself.

Posted 04 October 2007 - 07:54 PM

nope, that's not it. an easier way to find the abandoned nieghborhood (of doom). in google map enter in butternut rd in westfield, ma. click the hybrid map button. you'll see city view rd make a t-intersection with butternut rd. about an inch and a half over to the right is an unmarked street that leads to (what looks like) an abandoned niegborhood. it fits the the desription posted early. it's not that hard to find, my finacee and I found the entrance road the other night. we're going to try and actually go there in week or two when we both can get a day off of work.

This sounds spooky. Why would a whole neighborhood of people (about 10 homes) up and abandon them? Could it have been a subdivision where the builder went bankrupt, couldn't sell the homes and just abandoned the whole project? If any of you go, take pictures please....lots and lots of photos. Be careful not to trespass or to get hurt, never know what state these homes could be in. You can also inquire at the town hall at the assessors department as to what happened and why the homes are vacant, it is public info. and they should tell you. I wish I lived closer to that area or I would do lots of research and take a visit.
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-- Robert A. Heinlein

#15 levi

levi

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 06:30 PM

small update about the abandoned village. according to my finacee's boss a couple of months ago some teenagers set a fire back there. so now the cops watch the area aggressively since they haven't charged anyone yet. when I drove past the access road to it there was no obvious "no trespassing" signs. if you're going to go, I wish you luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users