• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#1 linuxbear

linuxbear

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 09:51 AM

there is a huge graveyard in the town of spartanburg south carolina called Hells Gate. It is a very old site dating back to the 1600s i think.There are quite a ghosts that are still there. There is also a potters field way in the back of the site that have tunnels under the whole area and that is were people do dark magicks.One of the most famous ghosts that live there i geuss you can say is that of a little boy who was playing with a ball and fell to his death off of a  small cliff and his family put his grave were he died to warn others, but the little boy still plays ball to this very day and if you are there at the right time he will make himself know and want to play with you.There is a word of warning, If you ever goto the potters field or to the grave yard i would go in the early afternoon hours and make sure you dont go alone, not becasue of the dead but becasue of the living. The people who worship in the tunnels dont take kindly to strangers  http://theshadowland...uthcarolina.htm
If i die tomorrow id be alright becasue i believe that after were gone, the spirit carries on! James LaBrie Dream Theater Metropolis Part 2: Scenes from a Memory

#2 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 09:56 AM

Welcome to gv linuxbear ;D

Thanks for that encounter. theres a cemetery not far from where i live that many people claim you can see a young boy crying at his grave.

#3 linuxbear

linuxbear

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 10:00 AM

thanks i ment to include a link to a site about SC and i have since modified my message but here is the link again. the site gives a little history about some of the places in SC and even growing up there i didnot know of half of the places listed.

http://theshadowland...uthcarolina.htm
If i die tomorrow id be alright becasue i believe that after were gone, the spirit carries on! James LaBrie Dream Theater Metropolis Part 2: Scenes from a Memory

#4 trudy_causey

trudy_causey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 09:08 PM

I found another haunted place in the newspaper today and it is in Beaufort. The house is called Hamock House it dates back to the 1700's. The notorious Black beard used the house to take beautiful young women to to have his way with them until one night the girl he chose put up a fight and after he couldn't get her to stop screaming and crying he took out to the front yard of the mansion and hung her from a live oak tree.Now on nights with a full moon people say you can hear her screaming. There was also a gentlemen pushed to his death when he tried to take one of hiss slaves up to the attic to be punished and they fought and the slave pushed the man down a flight of steps to his death.There is also another of Black beards wife hem took to the house and she never left,a handsome young Lt. and 3 yankee soldiers.Their spirits remain behind at Hamock House and now share the space with the new owners.The new owners say they are comfortable sharing the space with the spirits.There are a number of other ghostly legends associated with Hamock House.
There is a dark stain in the wood flooring on the second-floor landing it is said to be the blood stain of the man the slave pushed down the steps.There has been many attempts to try and remove the stain with different types of cleaning agents but to no avail.There is a report of a jealous husband who returned from the sea to find his wife in the arms of another man and he threww her down the steps killing her.During the civil war union troops took over the house and the officers stayed inside and the enlisted men camped out in the front yard.Three soldiers were told to go to Hamock House when they couldn't find hospitable lodging in town. After their arrival at Hamock House they were never seen again, until 1915 when the porch rotted away workers found the remains of the 3 soldiers.One of the workers said "Well that's what happened to them Yankees".During more recent renovations a human shoulder blade was unearthed in the back yard.A young captain came home from the sea to find his home all lit up for a party as he entered the house he ran up the steps to find his fiance in the arms of a young British officer he became enraged and drew his sword and killed the young officer on the spot, as his fiance screamed at that's my brother.The young officers spirit still haunts Hamock House.

#5 Barbara

Barbara

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 05:16 AM

Hi Linuxbear !!

I wasn't aware of Hells Gate in Spartanburg.  I live in Greenville which isn't too far away from Sparkle City.  Have you actually been to Hells Gate?  If so, what happened to you?

I happen to be the Branch Manaager of the South Carolina chapter of the Smoking Gun Research Agency.  You can check out our website at http//www.sgra-media.com.  If you're interested in joining , please let me know.  I'll be more than happy to put you in touch with our Director !!
SC Branch Manager for SGRA (http://www.sgra-media.com)

#6 linuxbear

linuxbear

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 08:53 AM

Hells gate is located in almost the center of spartanburg off of E. main and avant st (but dont hold me to it but is in that area)yes i have been there many times and seen many different things from the little boy that wants to play balls with you to unknown lights in the woods. I never could stay there very long becasue i get overwelming headachs do to all the psychic engery there. i know many people that will not go there becasue they feel it is a place of great evil but i have never senced anything other than sadness and loss but never anything evil. i will warn you of the worshipers in black as they are called. They worship in the potters field and if i were you i would never go there at night or alone.

#7 linuxbear

linuxbear

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 02:42 PM

there is also the old tanning yard in spartanburg but i dont think a ghost haunts it but sometime more on the demonic side.

#8 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 03:23 PM

Thanks for that encounter. theres a cemetery not far from where i live that many people claim you can see a young boy crying at his grave.

mile, have you gone there? If so, have you spoken to him to see what can be done for him?
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#9 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 07:17 PM

nope never went there

#10 trudy_causey

trudy_causey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 08:26 PM

the hermitage in Pawley's island where Alice lived you can see her sitting in her bedroom window some nights and you can visit her grave at Pawley's Island at St. Thomas's Episcopal church that is a very old cemetary.and you may get lucky if you happen to be on the coast when there is a hurricane approaching and see the gray man walking on the beach especially if the storm is going to be a bad one.There are alot of haunted areas in Charleston they have several ghost tours there nightly.

#11 awaken

awaken

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 10:15 PM

what is a good time to visit hellsgate in sc

#12 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 10:18 PM

midnight..lol

#13 awaken

awaken

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 10:20 PM

in greenville will let you know later how it was

#14 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 10:22 PM

;)

#15 Haveasub

Haveasub

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Location:x0|Spartanburg|USA||0|0|SC,Soux0|Spartanburg|USA||0|0|

Posted 20 July 2004 - 07:22 AM

Hey from a new member!
I live about 5 miles from this cemetery. The actual name is Oakwood cemetery (it's off Oakwood St.) but most people know it as Hell's Gate. I have recently been there (not alone) a couple of times in the evening with an EMF meter and camera and gotten a few pictures of some orbs but nothing definative on the meter. There is one section in the back of the cemetery that is down a hill into the woods that was the children's burial area. It's a very old part of the cemetery and I got a picture with multiple orbs there. In another area we stopped in, my wife heard faint singing for about 10-15 seconds. It was a warm evening (July 4th) but at this spot it was opressively hot. I took some pictures and got one with a very clear orb hovering over a headstone where my wife heard the singing. I agree this is not the place to be  late in the evening but a couple of hours after dark is probably ok, before the "bad" night people come out. I am attaching the picture that I described above of the single orb.    
"Art washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" -Pablo Picasso

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users