• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 Oniix

Oniix

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 04:08 PM

I thought I would give everyone an update.

Looks like someone may have beat you to it Iseller.
http://summerwindman...wtopic.php?t=31

Though it sounds like things aren't moving like the first poster made it sound like.

Also looks like it's north of where Iam talking about.

The site I linked here, also has commentary and video directions to get there.

IT IS PRIVATE PROPERTY.

Edited by LifeafterDeath, 21 August 2007 - 04:12 PM.

#17 MIKES3

MIKES3

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 11:05 PM

Ceaser,

I don't have any info on this site, but I have to say this:

I pity the people who chose to steal the door....Who knows what imprints they carried off with it?

I'm sorry the structure burned down in the 80's - You can see how gorgeous it once was. And here's what's sad to me - I believe that buildings absorb the emotions of their inhabitants. So, in this case, this home experienced an awful lot, and then to be abused in this way...Well, I find it disturbing.

Maybe it is better it burnt, after all - Kind of like euthenasia, in a way.

What's up everyone? Yes, I am new to this site. I found it searching Johnathan Carver / Summer wind mansion. Some of you may believe me on what I am about to tell and some of you will have your own thoughts. What I'm about to share is all truth from my Aunt who I would consider a Saint. Shes actually my great aunt and shes the one that had problems. I have family that went into that house somewhere between 1986-1988. They were my moms two brothers as well as a second cousin of mine. These guys are all grown up now, early to mid 40s, but they indeed visited the mansion just before it was burnt down by lightning. The problem is they didnt leave empty handed. Ony of my cousins who was around 18-19 years old at the time took a frying pan from the Summer wind Mansion. No one wanted him to take it but he insisted he would give it to his mom. (My Great Aunt). She's the Betty Home make type. Very honest, believed in her religion and just an amazing person. My Great Aunt and Great Uncle had a summer home on the opposite side if the lake directly across from the summerwind mansion. They still have it to this day. When my uncles heard about this place and the rumors it carried they had to visit it.

Once that pan was givin to my great aunt they took it back home to there Elgin, Illinois home. Thats when things started happening. My Aunt doesn't talk to much about the happening but i do know that things still happen. She only talks to mother about this. She's afraid people will think she is not normal, but that is not the case at all.

My aunt and uncle new about the legend there and they new that. I do know taking an object froma supposed haunted house is just wrong, but that I dont think they new.

Here are few examples as to what was happening. I cant say that these occurrences happened in the same order but as time went on things got worse.

1st. They were all sitting on a couch on there first floor in Elgin. I dont know how many people were there but I do know it was more than 4 people. As they were in the dark they saw it dark cloud hover over them very slowly IN THE HOUSE. It hovered passed them out the sliding glass door. Once it went outside it was gone. i was told they all looked at each other with there mouth dropped. Now tha tits later on they feel that was the start of a un wanted presence.

As time went on more weird things would happen. My aunt would actually get upset at the unwanted presence and yell at it. For example they were having a big party at there Elgin house. On the day of the party my Aunt thought she was all set to go until she used the dishwasher. It broke down on her. She was really upset, so they called a friend of the family who came right out to see if he cold get it working. My great Uncle was a very expierenced carpenter who does excellent work. He's just great. That story will come after this. Anyways, his good friend came by and started looking at the dishwasher. I was told that time was passing and he couldnt figure out what the problem was. he was there for over 2 hours trying to get it to work, but nothing. Finally my Aunt was so upset she went into another room and said "Johnathan I want you to stop doing this right now. i have a lot people coming over and I dont need this" Seconds later the guy came in where she was and said. Ma'am I have no idea what happened but it just started working again. Now she was worried.

Heres a good one. My uncle who was a great carpenter was installing a new screen door on the patio. This is now in the Cabin across from Summerwind mansion. From what i know the hardware store isnt that close to that location. At least back then it wasnt. He took a set of measurements for the new screen door. He wrote it on paper and went to the hardware store and got what he though was the correct sized screen door. He got back and went to install it. The dimensions were off by a couple of inches. He was frustrated knowing he knew he had the right measurements. He took it one more time and wrote the numbers down. Went back to the hardware store and got a different size screen. Got it back home and sure enough the measurements were off again. Now he's irritated. My aunt went to comfort him and he took it one more time. I was told when he left for the 3rd time she once again yelled at Johnathan to stop screwing around. he got back and the screen fit.

I have quite a few more stories to post but I need to get some sleep plus my GF is probably gettting irritated, so i will do the best I can to continue this while I am at work tomorrow.

Mike

#18 ShadowmanWI1981

ShadowmanWI1981

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 09:23 PM

Interestingly, I can't find West Bay Lake on a list of WI lakes, lol

Summerwind does not have a fence, and West Bay lake is on the wisconsin/Mich. border, west of LandoLakes. Half of the lake is in Mich, half in Wis. I believe the owner is Raymond Bober, who lives in Sugar Camp, WI. Just north of Rhinelander. You can contact him via his Website, Summerwindmansion.com. There is also alot of great pictures on his site, and he is the author of the Carver Effect. I agree that summerwind is better left burnt than standing. There are still trouble makers who go out there and wreck the place, So its better off gone.However, there are people like my wife and I who still respect the place. She is a sensitive and doesnt like going to SUmmerwind too often for obvious reasons, but weve been there hundreds of times. If anyone serious needs directions, let me know! Ive also wanted to buy and rebuild, but money is tight, lol. Well, Good luck! ~Dan

#19 ShadowmanWI1981

ShadowmanWI1981

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 09:32 PM

[quote name='MIKES3' date='Jul 28 2008, 10:05 PM' post='477250']
[quote name='Holly' post='104087' date='Dec 30 2004, 10:19 AM']Ceaser,

Hey Mike, Great stories! Id like to hear more! Im from the area, so they kind of have a relevance. I too pity the fool who took the door. Ive heard stories of people who took bricks, rocks, and other small things. Not good! And SUmmerwind was, and still is, notorious for changing its dimensions. Perhaps a little of that came along with that pan. Does she still have the pan? well I look forward to hearing more!~Dan

#20 ShadowmanWI1981

ShadowmanWI1981

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 09:41 PM

I thought I would give everyone an update.

Looks like someone may have beat you to it Iseller.
http://summerwindman...wtopic.php?t=31

Though it sounds like things aren't moving like the first poster made it sound like.

Also looks like it's north of where Iam talking about.

The site I linked here, also has commentary and video directions to get there.

IT IS PRIVATE PROPERTY.

Wow! I just read the thread on the demolition! Dont do that! lol, Scared me! I may be wrong about raymond bober owning the place still. He talks as he still owns it though. But I may be mistaken. Hey beaver Dam, My wife and I also have that hobby. She is a sensitive, so she doesnt like going to haunted places much. She gets really bad headaches afterward.Maybe we all could get together sometime and take a ride up there. We are in the Rhinelander/Eagle River area, so we are close to Summerwind. The house/ruins have kind of been an obsession for me since my cousin and I first visited there.well, lemme know either way! ~Dan

#21 MIKES3

MIKES3

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 12:07 PM

Ceaser,

I don't have any info on this site, but I have to say this:

I pity the people who chose to steal the door....Who knows what imprints they carried off with it?

I'm sorry the structure burned down in the 80's - You can see how gorgeous it once was. And here's what's sad to me - I believe that buildings absorb the emotions of their inhabitants. So, in this case, this home experienced an awful lot, and then to be abused in this way...Well, I find it disturbing.

Maybe it is better it burnt, after all - Kind of like euthenasia, in a way.

What's up everyone? Yes, I am new to this site. I found it searching Johnathan Carver / Summer wind mansion. Some of you may believe me on what I am about to tell and some of you will have your own thoughts. What I'm about to share is all truth from my Aunt who I would consider a Saint. Shes actually my great aunt and shes the one that had problems. I have family that went into that house somewhere between 1986-1988. They were my moms two brothers as well as a second cousin of mine. These guys are all grown up now, early to mid 40s, but they indeed visited the mansion just before it was burnt down by lightning. The problem is they didnt leave empty handed. Ony of my cousins who was around 18-19 years old at the time took a frying pan from the Summer wind Mansion. No one wanted him to take it but he insisted he would give it to his mom. (My Great Aunt). She's the Betty Home make type. Very honest, believed in her religion and just an amazing person. My Great Aunt and Great Uncle had a summer home on the opposite side if the lake directly across from the summerwind mansion. They still have it to this day. When my uncles heard about this place and the rumors it carried they had to visit it.

Once that pan was givin to my great aunt they took it back home to there Elgin, Illinois home. Thats when things started happening. My Aunt doesn't talk to much about the happening but i do know that things still happen. She only talks to mother about this. She's afraid people will think she is not normal, but that is not the case at all.

My aunt and uncle new about the legend there and they new that. I do know taking an object froma supposed haunted house is just wrong, but that I dont think they new.

Here are few examples as to what was happening. I cant say that these occurrences happened in the same order but as time went on things got worse.

1st. They were all sitting on a couch on there first floor in Elgin. I dont know how many people were there but I do know it was more than 4 people. As they were in the dark they saw it dark cloud hover over them very slowly IN THE HOUSE. It hovered passed them out the sliding glass door. Once it went outside it was gone. i was told they all looked at each other with there mouth dropped. Now tha tits later on they feel that was the start of a un wanted presence.

As time went on more weird things would happen. My aunt would actually get upset at the unwanted presence and yell at it. For example they were having a big party at there Elgin house. On the day of the party my Aunt thought she was all set to go until she used the dishwasher. It broke down on her. She was really upset, so they called a friend of the family who came right out to see if he cold get it working. My great Uncle was a very expierenced carpenter who does excellent work. He's just great. That story will come after this. Anyways, his good friend came by and started looking at the dishwasher. I was told that time was passing and he couldnt figure out what the problem was. he was there for over 2 hours trying to get it to work, but nothing. Finally my Aunt was so upset she went into another room and said "Johnathan I want you to stop doing this right now. i have a lot people coming over and I dont need this" Seconds later the guy came in where she was and said. Ma'am I have no idea what happened but it just started working again. Now she was worried.

Heres a good one. My uncle who was a great carpenter was installing a new screen door on the patio. This is now in the Cabin across from Summerwind mansion. From what i know the hardware store isnt that close to that location. At least back then it wasnt. He took a set of measurements for the new screen door. He wrote it on paper and went to the hardware store and got what he though was the correct sized screen door. He got back and went to install it. The dimensions were off by a couple of inches. He was frustrated knowing he knew he had the right measurements. He took it one more time and wrote the numbers down. Went back to the hardware store and got a different size screen. Got it back home and sure enough the measurements were off again. Now he's irritated. My aunt went to comfort him and he took it one more time. I was told when he left for the 3rd time she once again yelled at Johnathan to stop screwing around. he got back and the screen fit.

I have quite a few more stories to post but I need to get some sleep plus my GF is probably gettting irritated, so i will do the best I can to continue this while I am at work tomorrow.

Mike

Alright, Finally have a chance to proceed.

My aunt has been a clean freak since I've been around. She's very organized and very meticulous about things. One day she was dusting behind some picture frames. She noticed some Jewelry behind a frame on the fireplace mantel. She had no idea how it got there. The jewelry was not hers and it wasnt my uncles. I dont know what kind of Jewelry it was or if she still has it. She would find certain things hidden around there house.

I was also told that she was cleaning again on a separate occasion (Vacuuming) she found a fresh blood stain in there carpet. She assumed it was my uncle messing around the house doing his remodeling. My Aunt went to ask him if he'd cut himself. He had no idea what she was talking about. She then took him to the spot. He promised her it wasn't him. I don't know if it was blood, but according to my aunt it looked exactly like it. They removed that part of the carpet. I doubt she kept it.

Since all these crazy things were happening my aunt knows it all started when the pan arrived. She now wanted it gone. She didnt know what to do. She called up my uncles and asked them if they could get it out of here. She fears that this frying pan has some sort of negative energy.

Here's where it gets weird. The Day she spoke with my Uncle to get the Pan and bring it back was the night that the Summerwind Mansion caught fire. There was a nasty storm. Lightning struck the house and it burnt down to the foundation in 1988.

Theres more I'll continue later

#22 ShadowmanWI1981

ShadowmanWI1981

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 08:09 PM

Well comon now, everyoneis waiting for the continuation, lol. So by all means friend, CONTINUE! lol Happy hunting!~Danny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users