Do ghosts scare you?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#16 SpookSeeker

SpookSeeker

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:My Work, Mystery, Fantasy, Gaming, Books, Old School Things, Life.... The usual ;)

Posted 27 December 2004 - 03:30 PM

Jeez, I know I'd have had a heart attack and died right there, Bridget.

As for ghosts being scary, I can't really say they're scary though knowing I'm in the presense of one usually makes me feel aprehencive. ....and some of them are scary.

#17 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 27 December 2004 - 06:28 PM

Not scared, more uneasy!
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#18 lulaboo

lulaboo

Beware of her lil' redneck girl rage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts
  • Interests:too many to list

Posted 28 December 2004 - 12:55 AM

ive had an on again off again ghost companion for about seventeen years so no ghosts dont scare me :)
Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#19 Cyn

Cyn

Has a thing for owls

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts
  • Interests:I love to cook and try new and different recipes. I adore animals of all kinds. Music is another great love of mine. Paranormal and metaphysical subjects of all kinds. Nature, drawing and painting, writing, photography, reading. I am learning how to knit...but I'm not very good at it. The list is endless. The one thing that I don't have a big love for is sports. I wish I could like it, but just can't get into it for some reason.

Posted 28 December 2004 - 02:35 AM

ive had an on again off again ghost companion for about seventeen years so no ghosts dont scare me :)

As my grandma used to say, "there is more to fear of the living than the dead". :(
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars, you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.Posted Image

#20 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 28 December 2004 - 02:36 AM

Most ghosts / spirits don't scare me. I am protected for the most part.

Having said that, I've been petrified by fright in a few instances. Take my encounter in "Pratt Building" (recorded on my website). A shadow (a former friend turned enemy, I might add) steps out of Elder Palmer and starts walking towards me, his finger pointing at me, and his mouth beginning to open as if to say something.

I am easily scared by demonic evil movies even though I know they are made up.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#21 lulaboo

lulaboo

Beware of her lil' redneck girl rage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts
  • Interests:too many to list

Posted 28 December 2004 - 02:57 AM

aloha that was probably one of the most frightening tales ive ever read! (mainly because Elder Palmer had that thing INSIDE him and--not only was he not aware of it, but didnt even see it when it stepped out! :o )

i certainly dont blame you for being scared of demonic evil movies...
they scare me too because i honestly have to realize every last one of us are capable of imagining things like that for one reason or another :)
Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#22 Daewen

Daewen

Thinks Smilies Taste Like Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts
  • Interests:singing, travel, music ( death metal, jrock, visual kei, punk, goth, deathcore ), Wicca, fashion, nature, cooking, goth, Japan, cats, glbt rights, baking, anne rice vampires, tolkien elves, ghosts...

Posted 28 December 2004 - 06:34 PM

for some people, I think they just have those kinds of fears, they won't go to a haunted place or anything like that...but those same people may be willing to jump off of planes and stuff like that...I think it just matters on the person...I also think scary movies add to it and give people irrational fears about ghosts...even with more negative spirits, it's best not to let them scare you because that just gives them power...I try not to be afraid of ghosts...
http://myworld.ebay....riakuroneko0489 Buy my clothes! Take a look.

http://www.dresm.com/ariakuroneko0489 Take a look at my other cheaper clothes too!

http://soundcloud.com/astrid-essex Trying this out as well. Some of my music on soundcloud.

#23 Lamuris

Lamuris

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Interests:varied too many to list

Posted 28 December 2004 - 11:07 PM

With me it depends on the feelings i'm picking up from the ghost. Have to admit though, I usually am apprehensive for the first few seconds anyway.

#24 MELLY

MELLY

Loves Firemen!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts
  • Interests:Reading, gardening, my daughters and grandchildren, travel. I collect dolls, first edition signed novels, and love architectual salvage!

Posted 29 December 2004 - 01:13 PM

Even though I seek out opportunities to have experiences with the supernatural- it freaks me out when something actually does happen. I don't know why...but it does.
Religious people fear going to hell. Spiritual people have already been there.

#25 Schoolhouse1864

Schoolhouse1864

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Interests:allittle bit of everything!

Posted 29 December 2004 - 02:00 PM

I would say my fear stems less fromthe ghost/spirit itself and more from the unexpected way they appear. If a ghost would kindly enough leave me a little note on the fridge that said " I will be materilizing on friday at 7PM, heads up!" I'd be just fine, but I have yet to find one that gives warning, LOL.

Lydia
Alas- LMackey

#26 bardo

bardo

Would like to sit on the clouds and watch the world

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Interests:the world here and beyond...lol anything ghosty I don't watch very much tv but when i do it's shows like supernatural.<br />I love music ....going to concerts.....groups like the dropkickmurphys,floggingmollies,pogues, some old stuff like the clash and joe strummer. I just saw Bob Dylan and The Who .<br />I like just about anything but country I do love Johnny cash though!<br />I love walking my dogs and getting outside as much as possible .<br />I plan on living until I'm at least 150 .

Posted 29 December 2004 - 03:06 PM

I've seen spirits before and lived with them in my house.
I didn't find them scary at all.
Real people with the ability to hurt scare me.
There are alot of sick people out there .
Ghosts are harmless for the most part,they are just people who haven't chosen to move on yet.
Posted Image Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's questions. Edgar Cayce

#27 snoopymom

snoopymom

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 03:12 PM

I can't say that I am afraid of ghosts - I tend to feel what they seem to be feeling. For example I can be overtaken by grief . . . Although there have been things that make me feel uncomfortable.

I think one of the reasons people fear ghosts is because of the movies. . . eerie music, dark lighting, quick camera changes.
I think I've discovered the secret of life - you just hang around until you get used to it. --Charles SchulzPosted Image

#28 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,399 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 21 January 2005 - 11:00 AM

have anyone thought - WHY are you afraid of the ghosts?
Posted Image

#29 TallulahB

TallulahB

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Interests:MY LIKES:<br />Reading, Meeting New People, learning, learning, and learning (One thing they can't take away is your education)*** HOCKEY!! ( RED WINGS!!),***((even though Steve Yzerman retired...the Greatest Game will go on)) I have always had an interest in the paranormal, but then again, there are some scary people here in the land of the living.

Posted 21 January 2005 - 11:33 AM

I don't trust the unknown. Come to think of it...there are some human beings I don't trust.
"The will to believe is powerful" ...(Houdini)

#30 Guest_Ghostbuter20_*

Guest_Ghostbuter20_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2005 - 01:08 PM

It's not ghosts that I'm afraid of, it's the fact that I don't know whether they're there or not. I'd be less afraid of something showing up out of nowhere than objects moving on their own. I was at a jail museum in Independence, MO and it was around 3 in the afternoon and it was just me, my boyfriend and the cashier and I heard children's voices. It didn't scare me because I wasn't actually watching it. It made me kinda curious since there were no kids there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users