• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 XxSanity

XxSanity

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 09:59 AM

I've been digging for info on Sach's bridge for a couple days...and not getting very far...but I thought it was worth a try to mention Solomon's Bridge. Historically, and through research, my group has been able to find nothing about this bridge. What it is is a little road bridge, entirely unremarkable as one would drive over it. All the information I know about this bridge is "local legend" thought its not very widely spread. The story goes as such : Civil war era (what in Gettysburg didn't happen in the civil war era...) a woman, pregnant out wedlock or somesuch went to the woods (around the bridge, theres a drop off to a creek) and had her baby...this is where the story gets cloudy. I've heard that she killed her baby then herself, and I've heard that her baby was taken from her. All the same, the dumb little thrill seekers like to go to this bridge (and drive over it six times, three each way..though I'm not sure that does anything) and yell something along the lines of "I have your baby" I've never done such, it seems somehow rude to me, however, this spirit is easily provoked. She will push your car, she went so far as to push the car into a ditch (the car was left in neutral to see what she would do with it). She left prints on the car, the car was baby powdered out of curiosity and baby print and adult hand prints were found on the car after return to the church at the end of the road. If anyone has any information about this, I'd love to know it. I can probably elaborate further if needed.
It's always seemed to me - that most of us are quite insane.

#2 Karlie

Karlie

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 04:17 PM

The stories vary. I live in Carlisle PA, and I myself have been to Solomon's Bridge. I did not yell "BAD_WORD I got your baby" or anything like that. I know people who have, and said they had marks like someone was clawing at there arm. They also claimed that there were hand prints on the car and that it was rocking, and again no proof. When I was there we waited around and heard foot steps in the water. We decided to spit into the water and the foot steps came closer to where we had spit. We didn't actualy see anything. It was more of hearing. At one point it sounded like there was a women crying, but we wernt sure. The story I was told about it was that back in the cival war era it was a one lane bridge and a women was walking down it with her baby in a carredge. and that she got run over or something like that and the carrege went over the bridge and the baby drowned. A few hours later she died, and it is said that she haunts the bridge. I plan on spending a little more time there. I want to find out if the whole car thing is true. I still don't think its the greatest idea to disturb her (if she is there that is) kinda rude as you said. Once I have some more info i will update.

#3 melissa_groff

melissa_groff

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 12:09 PM

Where is this bridge located? I've heard of it, but have never actually visited it. We are heading to Gettysburg on Oct 7 and I am looking for new places to check out.

Thanks!!!

#4 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 23 September 2010 - 10:33 PM

Be interesting if you could talk to someone it happened to. Interesting urban legend though...or suburban legend
Posted ImageThank you for not feeding the trolls

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users