• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Boointhecity

Boointhecity

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 11:17 PM

Any stories concerning knockings on doors, windows or the sides of houses?

When my mother was a little girl she lived with her grandmother on the outskirts of town. (Little place in Kentucky .)
One night someone (or thing?) knocked on the front door and the back door in rapid succession. They also heard what sounded like a chain rattling from a old fashioned swing. Her grandmother grabbed up a poker from the fireplace and went outside to try to see what it was all about. While she was outside the knocking continued! Finally stopped. A few weeks later a member of her family died (think it was a relative)
Any similar stories out there?

#2 hairpin

hairpin

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 10:41 AM

I think I may have written this in my first post here long ago, but when I was a teenager i used to hear knocking on my bedroom window pane outside. But if there had actually been someone outside knocking my dog would have been chewing their leg off. I also saw bright sweeping lights back and forth across my windows. I thought it might be someone with a flashlight (but same thing would have happened with my dog), or a helicopter but I could never hear one flying over. Eventually I got so annoyed that i taped a sign to my window that said "Just go away". It stopped after that.
You cannot use the paranormal to prove the paranormal. -Cody Polstonwww.sgha.netSouthwest Ghost Hunters Association - SHIELD Team LeaderThe 10 BIGGEST mistakes made by ghost hunters.

#3 Mykiedave

Mykiedave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 02:23 PM

In the early days of the Spiritualist movement knocking or tapping was the rage in spirit communication. You still see it in a lot of movies... "Tap once for no and twice for yes" sort of thing. The next time you hear them try setting up a code and asking questions. This will determine if it's just random noises or something trying to be noticed, or make contact. Let us know what happens. Good luck.
Growing old is mandatory... growing UP is optional.I didn't say it was YOUR fault, I SAID I was going to BLAME you.The nice thing about being Senile is, I can hide my own Easter Eggs.Posted Image

#4 star_2_glitter_4_u

star_2_glitter_4_u

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 10:33 AM

Hi booninthecity,

I was sooo happy to see this post as I had this knocking ..no chains though !

When I was little we lived in a remote area with open fields and this is the house I heard these !!

In the middle of the night I got up to get a drink...someone knocked quick on the kitchen window and real fast said "get to bed " !!!

Another time I was up in the middle of the night and as I was walking back to my bedroom , there was a fast knock at the front door and this voice said " open up " !!

This happened only 2 times and to this day do not know who this was.

Also I don't know if it was a man or woman's voice as it could of been either..I know this sounds strange but I think it being so low and fast I could not make out the gender of this voice.

Eemal your reply sounds as though your granfather must have came back..right ? WOW !!
My dad died..not in this house but on the way to the hospital. ( from this location )..so your story makes me think it could of been him..

I heard stories after we moved that the new owners that moved into our house had "strange" happenings going on.

The stove burner would be on , the cuppard doors shut , and other things I am not to sure of.

But the woman one night called out that she now lived there with her family and his family moved , so please leave us alone.

These strange " happenings" stopped after this.....But I did not talk to this woman personally , these are things I heard went on ....So whether this is true ..I do not know..

The knockings are the only sure thing I experienced.

Starla :lol:

#5 Schoolhouse1864

Schoolhouse1864

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Interests:allittle bit of everything!

Posted 29 December 2004 - 03:04 PM

When we first move in to this house, I had issues with not exactly knocking, but like a tapping only in the dining room and only durring the day when I was home alone, never at night. no one died shortly afterwards or anything, but I did see the shadow "thing" less than a week after that and got VERY ill (I still think seeing him was a warning of my health problem), I think it is more of a way to get your attention for whatever reason.

Lydia
Alas- LMackey

#6 Boointhecity

Boointhecity

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 09:24 PM

After reading the articles so far...it must mean some kind of warning or statement of reassurance. ;) ;)

#7 antenna

antenna

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 12:14 AM

Hi, Boointhecity,

I had some knockings but I don't think they were warnings. They were pretty silly, in fact.

We had only lived here for about a year when we went away for a few weeks. When we got home, our housesitter, a friend of mine who features prominently in lots of my stories around here because she is very sensitive, had left a note saying all the mundane housesitter-ly things but also listing all the spirits she had seen around the house! She blew my mind! I called her as soon as we got her note and got the full report.

For the next few days after that I heard knockings around the house that sounded like friendly neighbors tapping at the door- kind of light and 'yoohoo' sounding. After more than one trip to the empty front porch, I figured out I wasn't crazy and that it wasn't just the kids goofing around. I'd even heard a few upstairs on outside walls.

I called my friend who said now they must know that I finally know they are there and are just saying hi. I had a few more knockings after that, including one to the tune of 'Shave and a haircut-two bits' that cracked me up while I was folding laundry upstairs one day. Then they eventually stopped. That was about five years ago.

Interesting point about the Spiritualists, Mykiedave. I wish I'd thought to ask questions. Maybe all those friendly knocks were invitations to conversation. Geographically, I'm pretty near where the Spiritualist movement started and there is a very active Spiritualist church in our town. I wonder if dead Spiritualists might be more likely to become knocking ghosts....
Posted Image BOO!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users