• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16 searcher

searcher

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 12:41 AM

I sometimes wonder if these religious stories didn't get their starts in Atlantis or Lemuria. There is so much similarity from such diverse cultures and at different times too.

I can tell you that it did all begin then.to explain it all would take too long so i'll make it short. at the time of atlantis everyone and everything was in complete harmony with the universe and the creator God. they had everything they needed no diease no war ETC. they lived in a higher demension than we do now. then some of them decided to break away from the harmony to be on there own and do what they wanted and the way they wanted to do it even though it was against the harmony of the universe and everything within it. this caused the earth and all that inhabited it to go down to the third demension. no longer connected to the source of the harmony we have been trying to get back to it ever since.

#17 searcher

searcher

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 12:54 AM

I used to read alot about Native American history & religion. Something I thought was neat is that a few of the tribes believed that the earth was flooded and a bird was responsible for finding dry land.
Also, some of them say that there was a virgin who gave birth to a holy
child.
Maybe the Bible isn't too far off. Native Americans have had these beliefs long before the white man came. What are your thoughts on this?

this same story I have found all over the world from ancient cultures although the names are different, the stories are the same.

Edited by searcher, 25 January 2007 - 12:55 AM.

#18 searcher

searcher

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 01:04 AM

I think the beliefs instilled in all mankind may have been tought by the same God or Divine Being..

The point wanted to be made , is for man to know that all who does good will flourish and live a fruitful life.

The promise of new life and a saviour to have hope in when all looks bleak will give all hope in the world.

I guess so we know to everything , there is a purpose... :)

yea there's nothing more powerful than pure love for everyone and everything!

#19 searcher

searcher

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 01:13 AM

Just about all tribes do. I am part Cherokee & we have clans that are named after animals, such as the Wolf Clan. It is believed all life, even plants, have
spirits. And why not? They grow, need water & food, produce "babies" :) &
then they die.
I love to learn about different religions. :D

yea the even the earth is a living being.

#20 BellaRose

BellaRose

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • Interests:My SON (the Sunshine of my Life!!!!), Reading,<br />Bellydancing, My Pets, Sharing Information.<br /><br />ROSE &amp; THE TAROT<br />I have been studying the TAROT for 25+ years and have given readings to both the Famous and Non-Famous alike.<br />I have NEVER charged for a reading....<br />I studied extensively with Shekhinah Mountainwater<br />(1939-2007) from 1998 thru 2000. I was ordained as a Priestess in 1999.<br /><br /><br />QUIZILLA<br />CHECK OUT MY QUIZZES, POETRY, &amp; POLLS:<br />http://www.quizilla.com/users/6CentsRose/

Posted 27 January 2007 - 03:51 PM

then some of them decided to break away from the harmony to be on there own and do what they wanted and the way they wanted to do it even though it was against the harmony of the universe and everything within it. this caused the earth and all that inhabited it to go down to the third demension. no longer connected to the source of the harmony we have been trying to get back to it ever since.

Hello ALL!

Kinda sounds like now-a-days, don'tcha think??? :(
Remember the Mayan calender...2010?
Hmmmm...

~Bellarose :angry:
Potawatomi Tribe- Fire Nation

#21 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 27 January 2007 - 05:05 PM

Kinda sounds like now-a-days, don'tcha think??? :angry:
Remember the Mayan calender...2010?
Hmmmm...

The current age of the Mayan Calendar ends on 21 Dec 2012.
Original Macintosh computers will have a Y2K type event in 2020.
32 bit computer systems run out of dates on 19 Jan 2038.
Current 64-bit implementations face a similar fate on 4 Dec 292,277,026,596

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#22 Crone

Crone

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigations, reading, crafts, Genealogy, Renaissance Faires,

Posted 27 January 2007 - 11:02 PM

Current 64-bit implementations face a similar fate on 4 Dec 292,277,026,596

Hmmmmmm........I don't think that's covered in the fine print.
Still crazy after all these years. ....Paul Simon.... “What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.” ....Pericles......

#23 cloud7

cloud7

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 10:17 AM

I have a lot of things I need to get done before the end of the World on 2012.

#24 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 08 February 2007 - 07:29 PM

im from the blackfoot tride and we worship animals and plants and well nature we treat animals as people

~I'm a;so half Black-foot (my other half is Irish) and I feel the same way you do. However I don't see people for what they look like on the outside, I'm immediately drawn to their "inside".
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#25 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 08 February 2007 - 07:29 PM

Well like I mentioned in another thread I believe that ultimately all religions are connected at one point or another. If God really is an infinate and omnipotent being as we believe he is it' rather arrogant to think he'd only present himself to one group of people. Maybe he presented himself to various people and eah interpreted him in their own way.

It's interesting when studying religions to look at the events and meaning rather then the names and faces. You'll find a lot of paraleles.

~I couldn't agree with you more.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#26 powries

powries

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 09:45 PM

Hi All:
Does anyone know anything about the warriors of the rainbow?Also when they were to come back to the earth.

Powries

#27 whiskeysuicide

whiskeysuicide

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Interests:. joe strummer &lt;3 . the clash . the mescarleros . this rockin' world . reggae . elvis . kitty-cats . riots . supernatural . vampires. faeries . aliens . jurassic park . ghosts . graveyards . ramen noodles . my love. yer face . ATHF . DBZ . chalupas . animals . halloween . ookie spookie things . saving the world .

Posted 10 February 2007 - 04:50 PM

my boyfriend is a Cheyenne Indian and i am Abenaki, i believe. I'll ask him about the flood and such and his tribes beliefs.

Superior Galactic Grandma, after eatinga block of cheese, smoking three packsof cigarettes, and drinking a quart of milk... disgusting, that's the word ...R.I.P. Adam Sanders & Steve Harmonilove&missyouboth

#28 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 24 July 2007 - 03:40 AM

Here is an interesting link to Native American belief's. Native American Beliefs
Posted Image

#29 thesameones

thesameones

Rude and Crude

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 12:08 PM

I used to read alot about Native American history & religion. Something I thought was neat is that a few of the tribes believed that the earth was flooded and a bird was responsible for finding dry land.
Also, some of them say that there was a virgin who gave birth to a holy
child.
Maybe the Bible isn't too far off. Native Americans have had these beliefs long before the white man came. What are your thoughts on this?

There are similar accounts throughout the world regarding creation, the great flood, and more. It all comes down to each individual and wether or not they decide to hold some thing as thier truth. Native American religous practice is the same as the rest of the world. It is a collage of procedure and practice based upon what has impacted the unique enviroment (place). In Michigan and Wisconsin many Native Americans are Catholics. The connection should be apparent. What seperates many Native Americans is the same thing that seperates the rest of the world as far as enlightenment is concerened. They are firmly rooted in, and preserve teachings of spirituality. I have been told by a Menominee (Tribe currently in Shawano WI) that the pre-dominate church on the reservation (Catholic) has services that are modified to honnor both traditional and spiritual Native belief. I was also told that the church welcomes any one. One day when visiting Shawano I intend to attend a service on the reservation. I'm sure it will be a enlightening experience.

#30 thesameones

thesameones

Rude and Crude

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 12:18 PM

I sometimes wonder if these religious stories didn't get their starts in Atlantis or Lemuria. There is so much similarity from such diverse cultures and at different times too.

I can tell you that it did all begin then.to explain it all would take too long so i'll make it short. at the time of atlantis everyone and everything was in complete harmony with the universe and the creator God. they had everything they needed no diease no war ETC. they lived in a higher demension than we do now. then some of them decided to break away from the harmony to be on there own and do what they wanted and the way they wanted to do it even though it was against the harmony of the universe and everything within it. this caused the earth and all that inhabited it to go down to the third demension. no longer connected to the source of the harmony we have been trying to get back to it ever since.

This could tie in with Genesis account. The races were split, languages were created to seperate, and man was disbursed throughout the planet. Who knows, maybe some day pieces of each belief will meld to one truth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users