Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

Horror Poll

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

Poll: Best Horror Movie

Best Horror Movie

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Sinestro

Sinestro

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 08:40 PM

Well I just though that I would make a Best Horror Movie poll since there is a worst horror movie poll. I would have to say mine is Hellraiser. ;)
-Chris-

#2 HorrorFilmFanatic

HorrorFilmFanatic

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Horror films, the paranormal, history, military history, other stuff....

Posted 29 December 2004 - 08:44 PM

Even though IT scared me BAD_WORDless as a little kid I believe im still going with Halloween. I can't vote for IT simply because IT is a better book than it was a movie.
~Shayne~My Livejournal

#3 Boointhecity

Boointhecity

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 09:47 PM

I voted "The Ring" because of it's supernatural qualities.
Halloween is still a classic; just didn't vote for it because I consider horror films to be more about the supernatural.

#4 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,359 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 29 December 2004 - 09:54 PM

I voted THE RING, but where is my all time favourite - The Excorcist?
Posted Image

#5 Sinestro

Sinestro

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 10:24 PM

Moonchild ain't the Excorcist a movie about a Quija board or am I thinking of something else?

Edit: Sorry Moon, I never even thought of that movie, let alone have seen it.
-Chris-

#6 HorrorFilmFanatic

HorrorFilmFanatic

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Horror films, the paranormal, history, military history, other stuff....

Posted 29 December 2004 - 11:19 PM

Moonchild ain't the Excorcist a movie about a Quija board or am I thinking of something else?

You could be thinking about a movie called Witchboard. But I do believe there was a Oujia in The Exorcist at some point. I haven't seen it in awhile though so I could be wrong.
~Shayne~My Livejournal

#7 Sinestro

Sinestro

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 11:38 PM

Yeah you could be right, but I cannont remember the name of the movie, is all I can remeber about it is that it is about this girl who uses the Quija and then she talks to this spirit who is a boy, and then a day or so later, she uses the Quija to talk to the boy again only this time it is not the boy it is a eveil spirit, and he acts like the boy and then at the end he comes after her or somthing like that can't really remember.
-Chris-

#8 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,364 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 30 December 2004 - 08:26 AM

i have been a fan of the FRIDAY THE 13TH movie from the beginning. i know they got kind of stupid but i still enjoy the on going saga.
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#9 MELLY

MELLY

Loves Firemen!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts
  • Interests:Reading, gardening, my daughters and grandchildren, travel. I collect dolls, first edition signed novels, and love architectual salvage!

Posted 30 December 2004 - 10:47 AM

No The Haunting (the original) or The Changeling?!?!? They are more ghost specific instead of horror I guess.
Religious people fear going to hell. Spiritual people have already been there.

#10 MrGrey

MrGrey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, mountain biking and general fitness, and ofcourse anything supernaturel, and now also Red vs Blue.

Posted 30 December 2004 - 10:50 AM

i could only pic what was out of the list and not the best horror film of all time :lol:

Wheres the first Evil dead and texas chain saw massacre? (original). Dawn of the dead too (sort of a horror film :weeee: )

Im sure theres a few more that could go in too. ;)
You're sorta stuck where you areBut, in your dreams you can buy expensive cars,or live on mars and have it your wayAnd you hate your boss at your jobwell in your dreams you can blow his head offin your dreams show no mercy]Posted Image

#11 Camille

Camille

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 11:01 AM

I voted Halloween, as the best of those movies listed.

Of course, some of the best horror movies, imho, are The Haunting (original), Dawn of the Dead (original), Suspiria, The Beyond, and Texas Chainsaw (original).
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite."Bertrand Russell"You're going to go to McDonald's... you'll order an Egg McMuffin and some coffee... WAIT! They're going to forget your extra salt! Remind them to give you salt, please!!"Ed Closser, Trivial Psychic

#12 Sinestro

Sinestro

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 11:06 AM

Sorry MR. Grey and Camille, I never though of those.
-Chris-

#13 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 11:09 AM

Sin, you've never seen THE EXORCIST? Go out and rent it pronto!

I voted the Ring, that girl scared me half to death.
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#14 Paul_G

Paul_G

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 30 December 2004 - 11:26 AM

I voted The Grudge... I like classic stuff like The Shining and so on, but this new wave of Japanese horror in movies and video games is really, really good. They've got the idea of creepiness over gore down incredibly well.

One movie that I don't think many people saw was 'In the Mouth of Madness'... that movie has a lot of stuff that messes with your head. I like that kinda thing.

If I must take gore, I'd have to go with Hannibal... the whole self-mutilation theme in that movie, like the dude eating a piece of his own brain, made me physically sick.

Do any of you have the game 'Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly" for the Xbox? It creeps the hell out of people who watch me play it, and even gets me at times, even though I'm almost totally desensitized to horror by now.

#15 Camille

Camille

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 11:34 AM

Do any of you have the game 'Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly" for the Xbox?

Played both Fatal Frames. I agree, it's pretty creepy. One of the best horror games out there.

Oh, and the new Silent Hill is chilling! :o
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite."Bertrand Russell"You're going to go to McDonald's... you'll order an Egg McMuffin and some coffee... WAIT! They're going to forget your extra salt! Remind them to give you salt, please!!"Ed Closser, Trivial Psychic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users