Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

Horror Poll

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

Poll: Best Horror Movie

Best Horror Movie

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 MrGrey

MrGrey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, mountain biking and general fitness, and ofcourse anything supernaturel, and now also Red vs Blue.

Posted 30 December 2004 - 11:35 AM

i forgot all about Mouth of madness, thats a great film, very wierd with a good story to it too.

I have fatal frame (Project zero over here) for the xbox and its a new type of creepiness in games, ghosts like out of the ring and the grudge (havent seen that film yet but seen a trailer to it).
You're sorta stuck where you areBut, in your dreams you can buy expensive cars,or live on mars and have it your wayAnd you hate your boss at your jobwell in your dreams you can blow his head offin your dreams show no mercy]Posted Image

#17 Sinestro

Sinestro

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 11:54 AM

Well I have heard of the Fatal Frame II and Silent Hill. I have play one of the Silent Hill games don't really care for those games too much. I like Action and Adventure as well as First Person Shooters. I like the Metroid Series, Devil May Cry Series, and especially the Metal Gear Solid Series for PS2, just to name a few. I hate games where the BAD_WORD camera angle changes like after every so many steps you take, or atleast I should say I hate game where the camera is hard to control in, I know some that it does work fine in, lol.
-Chris-

#18 Camille

Camille

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 12:10 PM

Sin, I wasn't a big fan of the prior Silent Hills. Too much fog and the radio static noise was annoying, and gameplay was so-so. But, THIS Silent Hill kicks booty.

Now, my favorite game is Ratchet and Clank, and I normally don't like platform games. But that's not horror.

Oh dear, we seem to have strayed way off topic... :unsure:

Edited by Camille, 30 December 2004 - 12:11 PM.

"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite."Bertrand Russell"You're going to go to McDonald's... you'll order an Egg McMuffin and some coffee... WAIT! They're going to forget your extra salt! Remind them to give you salt, please!!"Ed Closser, Trivial Psychic

#19 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 05:13 PM

Voted Hellraiser *it was between that and Halloween* I love Clive Barker :)

Exorcist should be on the list most definately, Sin, you should see it and then tell us what you think ;)
Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing. Posted Image

#20 Camille

Camille

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 01:24 AM

Yes, Sin, Willow's right. Make sure you get the special edition version that shows the cut scene of Linda Blair walking down the stairs backward like a sick spider. Yikes. :o
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite."Bertrand Russell"You're going to go to McDonald's... you'll order an Egg McMuffin and some coffee... WAIT! They're going to forget your extra salt! Remind them to give you salt, please!!"Ed Closser, Trivial Psychic

#21 Willow

Willow

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 02:07 PM

Oh, the crab crawling scene...I forgot about that Camille :ph34r:

#22 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 02 January 2005 - 04:58 PM

Actually I'd say Burnt Offerings starring Karen Black from back around 1976!
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#23 Libramoon

Libramoon

Birthday Party Streak er

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy all things paranormal. I often go to haunted locations to take pictures and EVP's. I also live in an active location and have taken many pictures and EVP's in my home.<br /> I love to read just about anything and I hope one day to become a writter of both fiction and paranormal non-fiction. <br /> Our world is still a very mysterious place. We haven't even scratched the surface!

Posted 02 January 2005 - 07:52 PM

My fave horror movie is a toss up between "The Exorcist" & "Polterguist"
They both scared me to death when I was little! :unsure:
Out of the gory ones, I love Nightmare on Elm Street. Freddy Got Humor! :weeee:

Sinestro, you have to see The Exorcist! And the crab walk down the stairs...
FREAKY!!!
To himself everyone is immortal; he may know that he is going to die, but he'll never know that he is dead. ~Samuel Butler~

#24 snoopymom

snoopymom

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 02 January 2005 - 08:04 PM

I had to vote the Grudge. Most of the old stuff I haven't seen. I used to work as a Home Health Aid (basically what she was doing) and it really struck a nerve.
I think I've discovered the secret of life - you just hang around until you get used to it. --Charles SchulzPosted Image

#25 Willow

Willow

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 02 January 2005 - 09:43 PM

I've never seen this one but have heard alot of good reviews about it

#26 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 03 January 2005 - 04:30 PM

I've never seen this one but have heard alot of good reviews about it

I've seen this one about 3 or 4 times. Usually it's on the late show. I'm not sure if it's available on video but it's a terrific ghost story.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#27 Ginevra Weasley

Ginevra Weasley

Villager

• Deleted
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Interests:Um, Harry Potter if you couldn't guess. And a good ghost story on the side! lol

Posted 14 January 2005 - 07:35 PM

THE SHINNING ALL THE WAY! and 28 days later, cause it scared me on a different level then Horror films usually do, it made me think thoughts that scared me! lol
Aura: Crimson . . . the hot sexy beasts of GV!THE BANANA SAY'S, "Don't peel me, I want to live!"Posted ImagePosted Image

#28 Boointhecity

Boointhecity

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 07:46 PM

THE SHINNING ALL THE WAY! 

The first Shinning or the second?

#29 Ginevra Weasley

Ginevra Weasley

Villager

• Deleted
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Interests:Um, Harry Potter if you couldn't guess. And a good ghost story on the side! lol

Posted 14 January 2005 - 09:07 PM

didn't know that there was two :blink:

the first one!?!
Aura: Crimson . . . the hot sexy beasts of GV!THE BANANA SAY'S, "Don't peel me, I want to live!"Posted ImagePosted Image

#30 opterasis

opterasis

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 09:15 PM

there was a horrid shining remake recently. dont waste your time. as for my favorite, halloween was my first and my favorite. Some of my other favorites are Beyond, Evil dead, Shaun of the Dead, Session 9, Zombie 2, and much respect to the original, night of the living dead. wasnt scary, it put zombie movies where they are today.
myspace.com/corecontagionmy DVDAF

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users