Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

Horror Poll

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

Poll: Best Horror Movie

Best Horror Movie

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 MrGrey

MrGrey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, mountain biking and general fitness, and ofcourse anything supernaturel, and now also Red vs Blue.

Posted 15 January 2005 - 10:19 AM

new shining??? i never knew that either lol Anyway the original is a classic and should get the top spot really.

liking the new avatar opter hehe :P
You're sorta stuck where you areBut, in your dreams you can buy expensive cars,or live on mars and have it your wayAnd you hate your boss at your jobwell in your dreams you can blow his head offin your dreams show no mercy]Posted Image

#32 opterasis

opterasis

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 12:02 PM

My mistake. its not really new, it was a mini series from the USA network back in 1997 starring steve weber and rebecca de mornay. Im sure you could easily find it on dvd.
myspace.com/corecontagionmy DVDAF

#33 spooksareus

spooksareus

Graceful leader of men who harvests wheat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking & baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting & open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 02 March 2006 - 01:52 PM

Yeah you could be right, but I cannont remember the name of the movie, is all I can remeber about it is that it is about this girl who uses the Quija and then she talks to this spirit who is a boy, and then a day or so later, she uses the Quija to talk to the boy again only this time it is not the boy it is a eveil spirit, and he acts like the boy and then at the end he comes after her or somthing like that can't really remember.

In the first part of the exocist the little girl Regan plays with a ouija board with a "spirit" that calls itself Captain Howdy. Go rent it right now! :clap:

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#34 beccaluvsghostsntexas

beccaluvsghostsntexas

Looking for some frozen butt snowfairies.......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • Interests:Anything paranormal!

Posted 09 April 2006 - 09:53 PM

I voted The Grudge... I like classic stuff like The Shining and so on, but this new wave of Japanese horror in movies and video games is really, really good. They've got the idea of creepiness over gore down incredibly well.

One movie that I don't think many people saw was 'In the Mouth of Madness'... that movie has a lot of stuff that messes with your head. I like that kinda thing.

If I must take gore, I'd have to go with Hannibal... the whole self-mutilation theme in that movie, like the dude eating a piece of his own brain, made me physically sick.

Do any of you have the game 'Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly" for the Xbox? It creeps the hell out of people who watch me play it, and even gets me at times, even though I'm almost totally desensitized to horror by now.

I'm kinda confused by your last statement here.....if you are "desensitized" to the horror movies why does the game get to you? Just kinda confused.... :hug:
It's just Becca Posted Image

#35 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 10:46 PM

I voted for Friday the 13th as I've watched, I think, every one and really liked them (of course, nothing beat the first one, but still...). Now, I'm far too sensitive to watch anyone be murdered - even if it is only a movie. I'd be popping Xanax the entire movie if I were to watch it, again.

If it were considered a "horror" movie, though, I would have liked to see 'JAWS', here. That one really horrified me! :hug: It's probably not your typical horror movie, though.

Viv

#36 twodarb

twodarb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • Interests:Well the obvious...paranormal, specifically ghosts, more specifcally EVP's, but first my family, dogs, and walking.

Posted 10 April 2006 - 08:38 AM

I will always remember the fist Shining. That one scared the you know what out of me. The second wasnt that good, except for the graphics.

Evil Dead is another one I think is a good horror.
"I know it and I feel itJust as well as you do, HoneyIt's not our fault if death's in love with us It's not our fault if the reaper holds our hearts""Death Is In Love With Us"~HIM~Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#37 wayne2241

wayne2241

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Interests:Listen to Spooks R Us on the Para-X radio network, Mondays at 10pm eastern time, 7pm pacific. Go to http:www.para-x.com

Posted 10 April 2006 - 11:26 AM

In the same vein as the Shining, I have to go with Salem's Lot. The first one was good, but the second one was amazingly scary. It really scared the crud out of me, and it's tough to get me like that.

MRIP

Posted Image

Listen to Spooks R Uson the Para-X network on Mondays at 9pm eastern time, 7pm pacific time. http:www.para-x.com

#38 Chedwick

Chedwick

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:I have alot of interrests, I do love animals and like to sew and make crafts. I like to snorkel and travel and of course garden! I love horror movies and creepy things and this site is great!I have the ability to sense and see things but I have no control over, hopefully I can learn to someday. I joined just because I will find my down time here reading. looking forward to learning. Iam also married and have no children.

Posted 23 April 2006 - 12:53 PM

It's definatley the grudge. that japanese horror is truly scary to me. I think because it's more like your personel senses are being attacked. the original dawn of the dead (black & white) and the sixth sense.
and of course trilogy with that little troll thing.

but has anyone seen the auddition? I had heard that is the original horror movie that the grudge was based on and it was far worse and creepier than the grudge? I have not been able to find it any where to rent it.
It's also a japanese film. I have not gotten enough courage to watch the grudge again. LOL :weeee:
[B][FONT=Impact][SIZE=1][COLOR=green]

#39 Magrathea82

Magrathea82

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, ghost hunting

Posted 25 May 2006 - 03:09 PM

The Grudge was the only one I could stand. Although that creepy throaty noise that was made, scared the bejesus out of me. My ex and I went to see it in theaters and that night, while we were in bed, he rolled over and made that throaty noise in my ear. Like to have killed him! Needless to say, I spent the rest of the night with my head under the covers and facing the wall.
When life throws you a fast one, either duck or catch

#40 cheercoach05

cheercoach05

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:cheerleading, the supernatural, spending time with my family

Posted 25 May 2006 - 07:59 PM

Out of these movies I had to vote for The Ring. I saw that in the theater and it scared me half to death! When she comes out of the tv after that guy, I really thought my heart was going to stop!! I also think The Others deserves an Honerable Mention here too. That's probably my favorite ghost movie! I'm so glad I saw that one in theater also! No crazy special effects, just a good 'ol scary movie! :Wall:
"I do believe in spooks. I do believe in spooks. I do! I do! I do! I do believe in spooks. I do believe in spooks. I do! I do! I do! I do!" - The Cowardly Lion

#41 jakob493

jakob493

Very greedy and not happy with just one tag

• PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 09:32 PM

I voted Halloween, it seems like that would be the scariest one in the list, because its the most realistic. I mean, think about it. Its totally possible that theres a mass murderer wearing a simple white mask like that and killing people. I mean, sure he wouldnt be invinceable like in the movies but it would be the scariest. If I saw some girl crawling around like in the Grudge, first I'd just stare, then i'd crack up because it wouldnt seem scary in real life, you know?

I still have to say, the first Shining was the best horror, period. Jack Nicholson was PERFECT for the role. Also I liked how it stayed close to the book, with a few minor differences. The Shining was scary, but still entertaining. The Exorcist was by FAR the scariest movie I've ever seen, but it was almost too scary I think. It took away from the entertainment. Also the only reason I never use a Ouiji board is BECAUSE of the Exorcist, lol.

Also, Chedwich, I think the movie The Grudge was based off of a Japenese film called Ju-On. I havent seen it though, but I know someone who has. It looks pretty cool, really low budget but probably creepier than the Grudge.

I think The Poltergeist deserves a mention here. Sure the movie wasnt scary at all pretty much, but I LOVE it and I watch it all the time.

Edited by jakob493, 25 May 2006 - 09:33 PM.

#42 SuziSpooks

SuziSpooks

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal/supernatural, I am a developing psychic, new learning and history and astronomy.<br />I also run my own team named Team Phenomena. I have been a paranormal investigator for over 4 years now.

Posted 26 May 2006 - 09:37 AM

The Grudge for sure me and my mate were totally freaked out lol
Posted Image

#43 jakob493

jakob493

Very greedy and not happy with just one tag

• PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 10:45 AM

I dont know... i dont like the grudge.. there was only one creepy part that I remember, and the rest I was laughing through.

#44 Bobnoxious

Bobnoxious

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Interests:Music (heavy metal, punk rock, rockabilly, progressive rock, old country, garage rock, and other non mainstream sounds), movies (horror, sci-fi, exploitation, independent, foreign, and old classics mainly), writing (mostly for my zine/website Utter Trash - http://www.uttertrash.net), and singing for my band Horror of 59 (http://www.horrorof59.com).

Posted 26 May 2006 - 11:40 PM

Can I say "none of the above"? Suspiria is my fave horror flick, followed closely by Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974 version), Night of the Living Dead (1968 version), The Haunting (1963 version), Don't Look Now, The Shining (1980 version), and then maybe Halloween.
"Future events such as these will affect you in the future." - Criswell, 'Plan 9 From Outer Space'

#45 Cotton Mather

Cotton Mather

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 11:25 PM

I voted for Friday the 13th as I've watched, I think, every one and really liked them (of course, nothing beat the first one, but still...). Now, I'm far too sensitive to watch anyone be murdered - even if it is only a movie. I'd be popping Xanax the entire movie if I were to watch it, again.

If it were considered a "horror" movie, though, I would have liked to see 'JAWS', here. That one really horrified me! :ghost: It's probably not your typical horror movie, though.

Viv

Jaws is the best horror movie, its not often thought of that way cause its not about some psycho axe weilding maniac.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users