Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Horror Poll

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

Poll: Best Horror Movie

Best Horror Movie

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#46 rigormortis

rigormortis

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,Race cars,drawing & My family

Posted 06 June 2006 - 08:18 AM

None of Those movies can compare to the Excorcist, The Excorcist is all time greatest horror flick ever made.It was voted AMI most scarest movie of all time.

#47 snakebiteoftexas

snakebiteoftexas

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Interests:searching for haunted places as i drive cross country in my 18 wheeler with my lovely wife and meeting people to go ghost hunting with and playing fantasy sports

Posted 28 June 2006 - 09:17 PM

i said jason on this list but the best i think is phantasm
Posted ImageWWW.SOUTHERNSPIRITSEEKERSOCIETY.COM

#48 starlitkate

starlitkate

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Interests:www.unexplained-mysteries.com<br />www.angelsghosts.com

Posted 07 August 2006 - 10:30 AM

I would have to say Halloween. I can still remember not being able to go asleep after hearing the music theme and seeing that pumpkin glowing.:D Ya and isn't Exorcist like the 2nd rated Horror movie of all time and its not in the poll?? And I think Friday 13th was rated best horror movie and Jason Vorhees was voted Best Horror Villian.
And Hellraiser is definetly my 2nd fav. horror. I can't wait till they make the Cyntobites(is that how it's spelled?) movie. And anything to do with werewolves is up on top of my list.

Edited by starlitkate, 07 August 2006 - 10:34 AM.

Click Below to View my Site!!

Posted Image

#49 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 07 August 2006 - 10:35 AM

None of Those movies can compare to the Excorcist, The Excorcist is all time greatest horror flick ever made.It was voted AMI most scarest movie of all time.

~Most definately!!! :D :Spaz: :) :Spaz:
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#50 honeybeary

honeybeary

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Interests:Reading, walking, hiking, photography

Posted 03 September 2006 - 10:25 PM

The Grudge picked this because it's the only movie to freak me out in a long time.
What doesn't kill us makes us strong.

#51 DeadWatch

DeadWatch

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 04 September 2006 - 09:45 AM

The Grudge?!? The Ring?!? How did those even make the list? I mean there was nothing scary about either of those! I am a child of the Eighties and nothing will ever compare to the likes of Jason, Leatherface, Freddy or The Tall Man...heck let's even throw in Chucky and Caine!! These are classics in my book. The Exorcist was voted by AMI as the scariest movie of all time...so why did that not make the list? I am even offended that no George Romero movies made the list either!! Horror is a genre that covers everything that the human being finds unsettling, wether it be blood and guts or terror of the mind. Guys like Romero, Hooper and Landis paved the way for modern day horror movies(if that is what we can call them). So why is the list the way it is?

Edited by DeadWatch, 04 September 2006 - 09:48 AM.

Todd BanksFounder/DirectorThe DeadWatch SocietyPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#52 starlitkate

starlitkate

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Interests:www.unexplained-mysteries.com<br />www.angelsghosts.com

Posted 04 September 2006 - 12:15 PM

I totally agree Dead!!! I grew up as a young child during the times of freddy,michael,jason and even chucky. The Ring was good in a creepy terrifying way but not enough to make the list. I wouldn't even classify it as horror. And the Grudge was good also but should not have made the list. Both of those were good movies but does not add up to the horrors that the likes of the older slasher films brought us.

Click Below to View my Site!!

Posted Image

#53 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 08 September 2006 - 09:43 AM

I chose It because, dangit, I can never make it through more'n'15-20 minutes of the sucker!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :wow:

Posted Image

Cry Havoc! And let loose the Dobermans of war!

My knitting and crocheting blog.

Life is too short to take seriously, none of us get out of it alive.

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

http://www.nomorerack.com/?cr=9281971

#54 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 08 September 2006 - 09:46 AM

~That movie creeped me out!!! There's another one and the name has slipped my mind, but it's about Vampires and this little boy turnes into one and scratches on the window of his friends' bedroom window to let him in...and the child-vampire also scratches on the window of a hospital room to be let in as well. What is the name if that movie??!! :clap:
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#55 Bobnoxious

Bobnoxious

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Interests:Music (heavy metal, punk rock, rockabilly, progressive rock, old country, garage rock, and other non mainstream sounds), movies (horror, sci-fi, exploitation, independent, foreign, and old classics mainly), writing (mostly for my zine/website Utter Trash - http://www.uttertrash.net), and singing for my band Horror of 59 (http://www.horrorof59.com).

Posted 10 September 2006 - 03:38 AM

~That movie creeped me out!!! There's another one and the name has slipped my mind, but it's about Vampires and this little boy turnes into one and scratches on the window of his friends' bedroom window to let him in...and the child-vampire also scratches on the window of a hospital room to be let in as well. What is the name if that movie??!! :weeee:

That would be the 1979 verson of 'Salem's Lot' that was made for TV. It made a pretty big impression on me as a kid.
"Future events such as these will affect you in the future." - Criswell, 'Plan 9 From Outer Space'

#56 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts
  • Interests:Nursing, Softball, Kids, and My Man

Posted 10 September 2006 - 09:23 AM

What ever happend to the greatest? The Excorist. :Spaz: That one blows away from the ones on the list. Just my opinion. Dave
You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#57 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 09:24 AM

~Thank you Bob...I just loved that movie!!!! It scared the crap right outta me...and is one of my all time favorites to this day!!!! Thank you again!

#58 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 09:32 AM

The Exorcist! Now I got it right! Dave
You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#59 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 10:30 AM

Okay Dave added his thoughts under my screename, so I think I should too. Yes I think the Exorcist is the ultimate classic horror movie, I also like the Exorcism of Emily Rose and The Amittyville Horror (the original), and The Skeleton Key. But I have to go with Viv, even though it's a suspense (at least that's what Dave says, I think different) I have and will always be terrified of Jaws. I cannot watch the movie to this day or any of the sequels and I will not go swimming in any lake, don't even get me started on going near an ocean, it has to be a cholorinated pool and 5 feet or less of water, that movie just totally terrified me to this day, that's one of my major fears!! Julie

#60 MissAngelic

MissAngelic

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:being a shopoholic&lt;3

Posted 10 September 2006 - 11:17 AM

it has to be a cholorinated pool and 5 feet or less of water, that movie just totally terrified me to this day, that's one of my major fears!! Julie

lol aww julie, don't worry i'm scared of the water too. it's freaky swimming and not knowing what's down there.
LiVE . LOVE . LAUGH . <3I really miss you a lot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users