• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 02 January 2005 - 01:44 PM

Note: This was first posted in the "Exorcism" thread on the Religion Board (30 Dec 2003), but it is hard to find and some new people have been asking questions.

Real exorcisms are scary as all get out! They are done in private and no publicity is made. These ceremonies have one purpose and one purpose only: to rid the body (or house) of an unwanted guest - you cannot destroy a spirit.

Ironically, my first exorcism took place in the Missionary Training Center (MTC). Elders spend between two weeks (for those who will preach in their native tongue) and two months (for those learning a new language) here getting ready for the harvest. We have classes 12 hours a day covering doctrine. We also have another 3 hours set aside for personal and companionship study of the scriptures. We eat, sleep, dream, and live the scriptures. Those serving in foreign-speaking missions (such as me) also have language classes.

Anyways, one evening my room (6 elders sleep in each room) was just settling down. We said our nightly prayers and turned off the electric lights, but the sun was still up so we couldn't sleep. One of the elders had the great idea of telling ghost stories from our home lands. Since everyone else in my room was from the mainland, they focused on me.

As I was talking about the Night Marchers, I looked over at Elder Palmer and do a double-take. He noticed the look of terror in my eyes and inquired the cause of my concern. The others were now getting into the confrontation.

I looked at Elder Palmer once more. Memories came flooding back. Elder Palmer's features, in that light, reminded me of a blast from the past. I stammerred: "The way your face looks right now - the features, the shadows, even your smile - reminds me of someone." "who?" "Forgive me, but you look like _him_." "him who?" "the devil"

The room went hush. One elder asked how I knew. As I told of the shadow-man and adventures in seeking his identity, something happened. Elder Palmer's face started to glow a faint red. Then a body of darkness came out of him. The personage was shadow (it swallowed all light), but tinges of light fringed its form. It stood up and pointed at me.

I leapt out of my bed and turned on the lights. The shadow remained, but its outer glow glow softened. The body stayed as dark as ever. I raised my arm to the square and commanded him to depart. Then he faded and disappeared.

I asked what the others had seen. Everyone in that room, except Elder Palmer saw the shadow. They asked why it pointed at _me_. I said I didn't know. By now, Elder Palmer was pale as a ghost and couldn't believe his ears.

I was the only one out of bed; most of the others were hiding under their covers. We didn't dare turn off the lights for fear of a repeat. I especially didn't want to know its message.

To calm us and dispell the gloom, we sang five hymns. I, having the most experience, was asked what to do. I suggested that we each say a prayer in order to invite the Holy Spirit back. Next we did a group exorcism, based off of some old instructions my dad had passed down to me. Finally, I rededicated that room as a place where the Holy Spirit would always be welcome and a place of study and prayer.

Nothing else has happened in that room since.

Note: This is the same room in the MTC where Steve had his experiences a few months before I arrived. Read Steve's account on my webiste: http://www.geocities...ha_spirit_1893/.

Edited by aloha_spirit, 27 November 2005 - 10:31 PM.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#2 tss

tss

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 02 January 2005 - 07:53 PM

I read this and Steve's story. Does this mean that something can just be hainging out inside on of us? I had experience with these things in the past, but I wouldn't say it is hagning out inside of me.

Those stories are really interesting. Does Steve still house this demom?
Sincerely,tssserious fix ... because you have the attention span of a goldfish.

#3 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 07 November 2005 - 04:54 PM

tss, sorry it took so long to answer.

I believe entities may attach themselves to people or places.

As far as Steve goes, I haven't seen or spoken with him for over a year. AFAIK, this demon stopped pestering him as soon as he gave in to its demands. I certainly didn't feel the demon while I shared an apartment with Steve.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#4 Shawn333

Shawn333

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 06:21 PM

Great experience story Aloha! I'm always interested in "exorcism" stories, especially non-Roman Catholic ones since they account for nearly all of the ones you hear about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users