Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

The TAPS forum is getting a little too wierd!

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#16 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 11:43 PM

I was a member of that forum some time ago but I was sick of the nonsense. it seems like its more focused on off topic stuff rather then paranormal, then a mod that was banned from another forum I was at for stalking me, is now a mod on that forum so I closed my account. :hug:

#17 Tupac Amaru Shakur

Tupac Amaru Shakur

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 04:28 PM

who is that mod?

#18 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 02 July 2006 - 06:24 PM

I would rather than names are not named on my board, thanks! If you wish to discuss one particular member of another forum, take it to the PM or email.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#19 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 05 July 2006 - 11:44 PM

I have been to that board a few times, but not for a long time now. Not because of content, but because it is difficult to follow. Everyone seems to have these huge, overdone signatures. They will have a one sentence post to a thread, but because of the signature, their post is half a page long. It seemed like I was taking more time sorting through the signatures than reading posts.
I am of the same mind as most here - the show is entertainment only. I don't know how it can be taken seriously since there isn't much time spent on showing us the 'nuts and bolts' of an investigation. But, understandably, I imagine this would be 'boring' to the average person (it ain't called show business fer nutin!) so they wouldn't show the more tedious, boring parts of an investigation.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#20 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 06 July 2006 - 12:19 AM

I think I will just stay away from the forum over there. The last experience I had with it went something like this...

Someone will post a photo claiming it to be paranormal, even if it is clearly a sun flare or something of the like. Someone else would reply stating that it is a sun flare. The original poster would then get offended and argue about the photo.

While I don't mind a little debating about photos, it is clear that the poster just wants someone to agree with them, nothing more. A meaningless pat-on-the-back!
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#21 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 06 July 2006 - 07:56 AM

~I have to admit that once I started reading the posts here about TAPS, I went over and checked them out. It was alright for the most part, but I just wasn't impressed long enough to stay. I looked at photo's & videos because they're my favorites over "stories", but they *do* need to focus more on the Paranormal instead of all the Flashy stuff. Focus on the what's more important (hence; what TAPS mean) instead of all the flashy "trying-to-get-your-attention" stuff on their main page. If you're good, then you don't need al that. Hmmm...maybe I'm on to something there.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#22 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 06 July 2006 - 05:31 PM

You are, Laurie, you are. It shouldn't be about impressing people, but about an exchange of ideas. You may not agree with me, but that doesn't make either of us stupid or nuts. Just two people with different ideas.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#23 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 08:36 PM

who is that mod?

Well I really don't want to get into names and what sites this happened at. She hasn't bothered me in awile and I would like to keep it that way. I don't like the show or the forum so I really don't think going back in time would change anything.

#24 snakebiteoftexas

snakebiteoftexas

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Interests:searching for haunted places as i drive cross country in my 18 wheeler with my lovely wife and meeting people to go ghost hunting with and playing fantasy sports

Posted 09 July 2006 - 11:59 PM

i watched it one time and that was to much :clap:
Posted ImageWWW.SOUTHERNSPIRITSEEKERSOCIETY.COM

#25 Prometheus

Prometheus

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 05:49 AM

[quote name='krcguns' date='Jan 12 2005, 02:27 AM' post='108729']
TAPS-The Atlantic Paranormal Society

" They are rude and crude and know next to nothing about the paranormal in my opinion

" The problem is that most of the people in the boards have no good knowledge either but they all think they do. "

And exactly where did you get your degree in parapychology ?. As far as I know,anything and everything in ghost hunting is purely a working theory.I will give you the assertion that orbs are spirits as a clear example.Maybe they are ghosts of pumpkins.:P

#26 Iam

Iam

Gotta be dead to get into heaven

• PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 06:27 AM

A reality show that documents the efforts of part-time ghost hunters. The group of individuals, called TAPS, and led by Grant and Jason, Roto-Rooter Plumbers full-time, are called upon to investigate private homes and public buildings by those who believe they are experiencing supernatural phenomenon. The ghost-hunters employ what they perceive as a scientific approach to investigation of the paranormal. Psychics are seldom in accompaniment and cameras and various other recorders and filming devices are used in the examination of the various sites that the Hunters choose to investigate. Given the minimal amount of "scientific" evidence of haunting that is obtained, it is easy to recognize that the show is not completely staged. In fact, the plugs for Roto Rooter and meetings with family members by the investigators are the only obvious staged filming. Oddly enough, the camera personnel often focus on the TAPS members during moments of supernatural occurrence rather than zooming in on the ghostly activities.

The show has soap opera like qualities as much as soap opera has life-like qualities. The show focuses not only on ghost hunting, but also on the personal squabbles and bickering among TAPS members.

The TAPS members are very down-to-earth, but professional and committed to helping those who are alarmed or curious about potential haunts. Its not long that you become acquainted with the central characters, Brian, Steve, Grant, and Jason, and familiar with their personal pitfalls and strengths.

Occasionally the show manifests its quest for ratings, but seldom delivers anything that will make your heart peak the Richter scale. You will either grow to love or hate the characters, and expect disappointment in the way of ghost investigation after repeated viewing.

No one is an expert in this field, so I concure with Prom with the above statement. Negative statements about other Paranormal investigators or sites is in my humble opinion extremely uncalled for, working together as "whole" giving each site or investigator is a path one should employ!!!
I am not advocating a morality based on evolution. I am saying how things have evolved. I am not saying how we humans morally ought to behave. Let us try to teach generosity and altruism, because we are born selfish. Let us understand what our own selfish genes are up to, because we may then at least have a chance to upset their designs, something that no other species has ever aspired to do.

#27 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 10 July 2006 - 07:01 AM

~Well stated, Iam!!! :P
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#28 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 10 July 2006 - 10:09 AM

[quote name='Prometheus' post='334527' date='Jul 10 2006, 05:49 AM'][quote name='krcguns' post='108729' date='Jan 12 2005, 02:27 AM']
TAPS-The Atlantic Paranormal Society

" They are rude and crude and know next to nothing about the paranormal in my opinion

" The problem is that most of the people in the boards have no good knowledge either but they all think they do. "

And exactly where did you get your degree in parapychology ?. As far as I know,anything and everything in ghost hunting is purely a working theory.I will give you the assertion that orbs are spirits as a clear example.Maybe they are ghosts of pumpkins.:P[/quote]

First of all, if you look at it a degree in parapsychology is a worthless tool really but that is an entirely different thread.

This is a show for entertainment purposes, nothing more. I have to wonder why you seem offended if I don't like the show? Is it that important to you that everyone be in agreement and drools every time grant and jason make a move? I am sorry that I don't feel that wrecking people's property and not conducting themselves professionally and most of all running away from ghosts when that is what you are looking for are the traits of professional paranormal investigators.

As for the orb theory and orbs being paranormal, I have already proven that ghosts manifest from orbs so not much more to say about that one.

Please keep in mind that I am entitled to my opinion just like you are entitled to yours.

Edited by krcguns, 10 July 2006 - 10:17 AM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#29 snakebiteoftexas

snakebiteoftexas

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Interests:searching for haunted places as i drive cross country in my 18 wheeler with my lovely wife and meeting people to go ghost hunting with and playing fantasy sports

Posted 10 July 2006 - 02:21 PM

the one show i watched i just happened to find while surfing the tv i watched an d i really thought it was a comedy the show was showing an attic with a chair in it the chair slide across the floor and everybody ran away why? if im serching for something and i find it why run away scared i cant spell but heres what i think t.a.p.s. stands for sorry TERRIFIED OF ANMONALIES AND PARANORMAL STUFF :)
Posted ImageWWW.SOUTHERNSPIRITSEEKERSOCIETY.COM

#30 Iam

Iam

Gotta be dead to get into heaven

• PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 02:46 PM

And you proved this how?? I, too, want to know what makes you an expert on the paranormal? I am very curious about that! And you brought that up in this thread. (As for the orb theory and orbs being paranormal, I have already proven that ghosts manifest from orbs so not much more to say about that one.) I respect all opinions on this board and others, even if it seems to others that these individuals are so called weird...Its the beauty of human nature to be who they are without judgement, and this thread has made a judgement call, KRC it has nothing to do with respecting ones opinions, I think Prom makes a valid statement, if one wants there opinion respected, one should always give that opinion with respect and regards to each individual ability to be who they are without getting bashed for it....Just my 2 cents worth.
I am not advocating a morality based on evolution. I am saying how things have evolved. I am not saying how we humans morally ought to behave. Let us try to teach generosity and altruism, because we are born selfish. Let us understand what our own selfish genes are up to, because we may then at least have a chance to upset their designs, something that no other species has ever aspired to do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users