Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

The TAPS forum is getting a little too wierd!

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#61 Phantasmic

Phantasmic

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 08:00 PM

TAPS-The Atlantic Paranormal Society

They have a show on the Sci-Fi channel every Wednesday night following the show proof positive. They are rude and crude and know next to nothing about the paranormal in my opinion. They do half-arsed investigations and wouldn't know paranormal evidence if it bit them in that arse. I watch them because it is like a comedy team. Heck, they even run if they see a ghost, it is very funny. The only down side to them is that they give real ghost hunters a bad name. They also have a message board where people have jumped the bandwagaon to get that touch of fame by talking to the member of this so called team. The problem is that most of the people in the boards have no good knowledge either but they all think they do. It is really strange. I hope that brings you up to speed on all of it.

Hey all, I'm a newb to GV, and would like to say hi. However, with the above quote, I have to disagree. TAPS, or, Ghost Hunters, is not a fake investigative unit. They are very much real, and just because they have fun, and laugh, DOES NOT, under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, mean that they ar5e not profession. On the contrary, they are extremely professional. When a member of the team ran, they scolded him. During the setup at various locations, Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson, at times, get mad since it's taking too long. Please, tell me, and I am not mad in any way, but please, tell me how UNprofessional they are?? I'd love to know if I missed something...

TAPS has been around for a long time, and I don't want to burn any bridges here as it's my first day on this forum, but I had to disagree on that. I am of course, open to criticism, or your own opinions, however, I do standfast as a loyal follower of TAPS.

#62 BellaRose

BellaRose

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • Interests:My SON (the Sunshine of my Life!!!!), Reading,<br />Bellydancing, My Pets, Sharing Information.<br /><br />ROSE &amp; THE TAROT<br />I have been studying the TAROT for 25+ years and have given readings to both the Famous and Non-Famous alike.<br />I have NEVER charged for a reading....<br />I studied extensively with Shekhinah Mountainwater<br />(1939-2007) from 1998 thru 2000. I was ordained as a Priestess in 1999.<br /><br /><br />QUIZILLA<br />CHECK OUT MY QUIZZES, POETRY, &amp; POLLS:<br />http://www.quizilla.com/users/6CentsRose/

Posted 26 April 2007 - 09:18 PM

Well, I have no opinion about the show TAPS...
I have only seen it a few times....
BUT
I just wanted to say WELCOME to GHOSTVILLAGE!!!
~Bellarose :ghost:

#63 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Art, Paganism, Animals

Posted 26 April 2007 - 11:52 PM

Don't worry Phantasmic, we are allowed to have differences of opinion here....I personally love TAPS and have season 1 and 2 on DVD.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#64 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

Voted most likely to be a janitor in Highschool

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 11:56 PM

Welcome to Ghostvillage!

I must say, I really enjoy the show "Ghost Hunters", too. :ghost:

#65 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 27 April 2007 - 04:45 AM

~A difference of opinions is what makes this world go 'round...welcome to Ghost Village!!!!
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#66 Corey

Corey

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 01:59 PM

I just have to wonder, how many groups have been started because of TAPS? I think they do a fine job.
There seems to me to be a problem with alot of paranormal research groups, and that's the fear of not finding anything. They have to have some result every time they go on an investigation. If they don't come back with a picture or an EVP then they are afraid people are going to think they don't know what they are doing. It's not a competition. That being said, I like the way that TAPS does things. To me, it's better going in skeptical than with no opinion at all. Being skeptical, the evidence would have to be overwhelming to change my mind, whereas if you go in neutral, your that much closer to believing what you find.
Might some of the feelings towards TAPS be born of sour grapes? Who wouldn't want a tv show, who wouldn't want to be making good money at something you love to do. As far as the drama stuff goes, thats tv these days, they are just trying to compete with all the other reality shows out there. If it was just an hour of tech stuff, or just an hour of an investigation, most "regular" tv watchers wouldn't be interested.
There was a show on a few years ago on the SCI-Fi Channel called Mysterious Encounters. It was about Autumn Williams and her search for Sasquatch. The show lasted 2 or 3 seasons. Having talked to Ms. Williams, she said the show just didn't turn out like she had hoped, that the network had mislead her about what the show was to be. "Ok Autumn, put that bikini on and run screaming thru the woods." That's the kinda stuff they wanted, and that's why she declined to continue on with the show. Perhaps TAPS in is the same situation? The show isn't exactly what they envisioned, but all in all, they are getting the subject out there, and what's wrong with that?

Edited by Corey, 07 May 2007 - 02:00 PM.

#67 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 07 May 2007 - 02:26 PM

There is nothing wrong with that, but as has already been said, what has been put forth in this topic is merely the opinions of others. These opinons may well be based on far more than what you are guessing.

Not everyone wants to do a tv show. Some people simply would go about any given investigation in a different manner. Some people were investigating long before TAPS came about. Some people dislike how the network chooses to edit it.

Don't assume the reasons behind someone's like or dislike of any given show.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#68 Phantasmic

Phantasmic

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 02:38 PM

That's all fine and dandy. I just wanted to make sure people understood that when I disagree, or dislike someone's opinion, since it is theirs, I won't chastize, or flame, I just post my own view(s). I am a very friendly individual, I am open to all forms of words. If you feel the need to use vulgarity towards me, that's fine, we ALL curse, just don't do it in a post, PM's of that manner will be graciously accepted. To know me is to love me... until you piss me off.

And thanks for the warm welcome, it was appreciated.

#69 BellaRose

BellaRose

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • Interests:My SON (the Sunshine of my Life!!!!), Reading,<br />Bellydancing, My Pets, Sharing Information.<br /><br />ROSE &amp; THE TAROT<br />I have been studying the TAROT for 25+ years and have given readings to both the Famous and Non-Famous alike.<br />I have NEVER charged for a reading....<br />I studied extensively with Shekhinah Mountainwater<br />(1939-2007) from 1998 thru 2000. I was ordained as a Priestess in 1999.<br /><br /><br />QUIZILLA<br />CHECK OUT MY QUIZZES, POETRY, &amp; POLLS:<br />http://www.quizilla.com/users/6CentsRose/

Posted 12 May 2007 - 02:45 PM

Not to stray too far from the point... :Spaz:
I think the program, A HAUNTING on the Discovery channel in the US, would be more approppiate on the Sci-Fi channel, as TAPS is!

#70 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 12 May 2007 - 07:36 PM

If you feel the need to use vulgarity towards me, that's fine, we ALL curse, just don't do it in a post, PM's of that manner will be graciously accepted. To know me is to love me... until you piss me off.

Pantasmic, I think I missed something here. I didn't see anything in any of the posts after yours that was vulgar or profain. Ghost Village is one of the very few sites where members are, for the most part, very respectful of others' opinions and feelings. There are the few occasions when it might occur, but those situations are taken care of as quickly as possible. If you feel that someone was rude/vulgar towards yourself, then I strongly advise you to contact the moderator of this board and let them know about it. With that said, let me also welcome you to GV, and I hope that you continue to share with us.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#71 Crone

Crone

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigations, reading, crafts, Genealogy, Renaissance Faires,

Posted 12 May 2007 - 07:51 PM

Not to stray too far from the point... :Spaz:
I think the program, A HAUNTING on the Discovery channel in the US, would be more approppiate on the Sci-Fi channel, as TAPS is!

I don't get Sci-Fi on my cable anymore, so I can't comment on whether the show has improved or not. I watched it a couple of times, and was not all that impressed. I would, however, be bummed if A Haunting left the Discovery Channel. At least my cable subscriber hasn't taken that channel away from us yet.
Still crazy after all these years. ....Paul Simon.... “What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.” ....Pericles......

#72 Phantasmic

Phantasmic

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 10:02 PM

Pantasmic, I think I missed something here. I didn't see anything in any of the posts after yours that was vulgar or profain. Ghost Village is one of the very few sites where members are, for the most part, very respectful of others' opinions and feelings. There are the few occasions when it might occur, but those situations are taken care of as quickly as possible. If you feel that someone was rude/vulgar towards yourself, then I strongly advise you to contact the moderator of this board and let them know about it. With that said, let me also welcome you to GV, and I hope that you continue to share with us.

------------

NO!!! Not at all, I mean in the future, if it were to happen. No, so far, everyone has been very nice to me. Noone has been vulgar, and I HIGHLY doubt they would ever do that.

#73 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 15 May 2007 - 09:07 AM

:) Then there was no need to bring it up or mention it. Vulgarity is not permitted as per the Member Guidelines. We like to keep things polite, even disagreements since this is an all ages forum.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#74 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 15 May 2007 - 07:41 PM

Technically my OP was regarding the people on the TAPS forum on their official website. I really don't have any more opinions on the Ghosthunters show but it was the TAPS forum that I was addressing.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#75 stanleysatan

stanleysatan

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 12:53 AM

To those who can prove a spirit manifests from an orb:

How did you prove a spirit manifests from an orb? An orb is nothing more than a ball of energy. Spirits require energy to manifest, but they DO NOT manifest from an orb. Look up what an orb is.

Edited by MoonChild, 18 May 2007 - 07:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users