Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

The TAPS forum is getting a little too wierd!

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#76 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,387 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 18 May 2007 - 07:30 AM

Hello stanleysatan, Welcome to GhostVillage community. Please do keep a check on your words when you post on the boards here. GhostVillage community is not here to delete member accounts, if that was the case we wouldn't be the biggest paranormal community in the internet today within a short span of time. We do welcome everyone and every views, but we do have some guidelines in place. If you haven't done so, feel free to do read through it here: Guidelines

Before making accusations against anyone in GhostVillage community please do take time to go through the board, the discussions and come to conclusions. When the only post you make is to bad mouth our community and the people, we do feel there is some pre-determined motive for you to join our forum. If you have any concerns or queries, please do contact the board Moderator or any of the Town Council Members through personal messaging system.

Thank You
MoonChild
Posted Image

#77 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 18 May 2007 - 08:45 AM

Stanleysatan,

I would suggest that you reword your question in a more polite manner and post it as a new topic in the Skeptics board (since you are requesting proof of a particular belief). While it is a valid question/request, it has no place in the Paranormal Media forum, being that this particular board is about television shows, movies, podcasts, newsbites, books, magazines and websites/forums with paranormal topics.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#78 stanleysatan

stanleysatan

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 11:33 AM

Stanleysatan,

I would suggest that you reword your question in a more polite manner and post it as a new topic in the Skeptics board (since you are requesting proof of a particular belief). While it is a valid question/request, it has no place in the Paranormal Media forum, being that this particular board is about television shows, movies, podcasts, newsbites, books, magazines and websites/forums with paranormal topics.

Well, it would be pertinent if someone wouldn't have edited it that much. How do you people claim to be the biggest paranormal community when TAPS forums alone have twice as many members as this? Most Haunted's boards have over 750,000 guests on it. I think both of those communities are much larger than this one. From what I have read on this board everyone here just likes to dump on all the other groups out there, thinking they are fake or whatever. Most Haunted crew may be fake, but how can you say TAPS is fake? They go into a haunted location and try to disprove the evidence they receive, and the majority of the time, they are able to do this quite simply. Is that why these idiots don't like them? They don't try to prove hauntings, they try to disprove them. Instead of using feelings and stuff, they use video recorders, audio recorders and many other technological gizmo's. If nothing appears on any of the equipment, then they will claim a place to be not haunted, which is primarily the case.

I am not sure about you but out of all the places I have went to, only 2-4%, if that high, has been haunted. Not every place is haunted, and spirits do NOT manifest from orbs. Spirits do require energy to manifest, it is known, however, that 98% of all captured "orbs" can be called dust, bugs, hand-blown insulation, and darn near anything else.

#79 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 18 May 2007 - 11:47 AM

Your post was edited because it was extremely rude to the membership, which goes against the member guidelines for Ghostvillage. I suggest you read them. I am aware of exactly what you posted prior to it being edited by a member of the Ghostvillage Town Council, and trust me, it was a HIGHLY innappropriate means of expressing an opinion here.

Now, with regards to your "challenge" about orbs, again, it has NOTHING to do with the topic at hand. It should be placed in Skeptics or at the very least, Spiritography.

How many members any given forum out there on the internet for any given topic is a moot point and means nothing. And *I* personally have said nothing of the sort that you are tossing out in your reply to *me*.

This thread is a collection of *personal opinions*, such as you are presenting (in a much more polite manner I might add, thank you very much for moving foward in a more mature manner than being rude and swearing randomly and calling the general membership inappropriate names). People are welcome to express their opinions about other groups, other forums, television shows, movies, books, etc, here. So long as it remains *polite*.

Now, have you honestly read every single thread on every single board throughout Ghostvillage, or are you basing your opinion on one single thread? Because frankly, I see NO evidence outside of THIS thread for your accusation of the Ghostvillage membership 'dumping' on other groups. I'm sure if you even actually read every single post in this thread, that little theory would go flying out the window, as several participating members have expressed their like for the TAPS forum and the associated television show.

Vampchick21
Ghostvillage Paranormal Media boards

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#80 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,387 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 18 May 2007 - 12:25 PM

I am not sure about you but out of all the places I have went to, only 2-4%, if that high, has been haunted. Not every place is haunted, and spirits do NOT manifest from orbs. Spirits do require energy to manifest, it is known, however, that 98% of all captured "orbs" can be called dust, bugs, hand-blown insulation, and darn near anything else.

If you want to talk about Orbs and it's authenticity feel free to do so in this thread: orbs, are they dust motes or ghosts?

Thank you.
Posted Image

#81 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 20 May 2007 - 12:47 PM

Well, it would be pertinent if someone wouldn't have edited it that much. How do you people claim to be the biggest paranormal community when TAPS forums alone have twice as many members as this? Most Haunted's boards have over 750,000 guests on it. I think both of those communities are much larger than this one. From what I have read on this board everyone here just likes to dump on all the other groups out there, thinking they are fake or whatever. Most Haunted crew may be fake, but how can you say TAPS is fake? They go into a haunted location and try to disprove the evidence they receive, and the majority of the time, they are able to do this quite simply. Is that why these idiots don't like them? They don't try to prove hauntings, they try to disprove them. Instead of using feelings and stuff, they use video recorders, audio recorders and many other technological gizmo's. If nothing appears on any of the equipment, then they will claim a place to be not haunted, which is primarily the case.

How many years have you been investigating the paranormal? I am just curious. I would like to see the research that you have personally conducted that shows that orbs cannot manifest into a spirit since you are absolutely positive about this. That is cool if you have proof and I would be very interested in seeing it. Otherwise it is just your opinion and that is cool too.

The sharp tongued attitude is what I don't like about the TAPS boards. If you like it there, that is very cool. More power to you but I think they have gone down hill since Jason and Grant are no longer moderating the boards.

I have talked with Jason and Grant and I absolutely think they are great guys. I simply don't like the boards that have their groups name on them...that is all.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#82 Phantasmic

Phantasmic

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 01:23 PM

stanley, let me tell you something:

I may be a newb to this board, but everyone here is kind and opinions are JUST THAT, opinions. If you feel that you know for a fact in regards to what you were saying, then please, bny all means, allow us to see your research and your version of the "truth." I dislike it when a skeptic does nothing but bash the believers. If you want to roam, I suggest you goto skepticalanalysis.com. It's a sight devoted to the people who do not believe in the paranormal. I may be in the wrong here, but as many people said, opinions are always welcome. Relax, take a br4eather, and move on. Nothing more to see here...

Edited by krcguns, 20 May 2007 - 06:24 PM.

#83 stanleysatan

stanleysatan

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 01:50 AM

stanley, let me tell you something:

I may be a newb to this board, but everyone here is kind and opinions are JUST THAT, opinions. If you feel that you know for a fact in regards to what you were saying, then please, bny all means, allow us to see your research and your version of the "truth." I dislike it when a skeptic does nothing but bash the believers. If you want to roam, I suggest you goto skepticalanalysis.com. It's a sight devoted to the people who do not believe in the paranormal. I may be in the wrong here, but as many people said, opinions are always welcome. Relax, take a br4eather, and move on. Nothing more to see here...

First, I am far from a skeptic. Secondly, I have been a member of several investigative groups since I was 16. Currently, I run a little group where I live. I have probably visited 500+ places since I started.

And KRCGUNS:

Where did I say spirits can't manifest from orbs? I asked you to show me your PROOF that spirits DO manifest from orbs. If you can show me some proof, I will post on this board that you are the master of my world. If you can not show this "proof" then does it really exist? I highly doubt it. As I stated earlier, orbs are nothing more than balls of energy. Spirits can't manifest without energy, but energy is around even though orbs aren't. You can spend years and years studying this field before you will catch a spirit actually manifesting out of an orb. Now, show me your proof, or I will ask every TAPS board member to join these threads just to cause living Hell! Then, you people would have to find yet another place to be losers.

#84 stanleysatan

stanleysatan

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 01:52 AM

Oh, I forgot, to MoonChild; this person brought up his "proof" of spirits manifesting from orbs. Why go start a whole new thread when I can just ask it here?

Edited by Rockhauler2k1, 21 May 2007 - 07:03 AM.

#85 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 21 May 2007 - 05:45 AM

~WOW!!! And you're an investigator of the Paranormal?? AND you have your own team?? I don't think you're someone to be afraid of when you threaten to bring here the TAPS members.

EDITED because I have to know when to "walk away............walk away"....

Edited by Laurie Ann, 21 May 2007 - 05:48 AM.

~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#86 cathylj73

cathylj73

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts
  • Interests:Animals, paranormal, Kids

Posted 21 May 2007 - 07:21 AM

I agree with Laurie, here we are family, I too have posted on TAPS a while ago due to the rudeness from some members I choose not to go back. It almost seems childish to threaten to bring in Taps members here to cause "living hell" (your own words) I'm sure the TAPS team (Jason and Grant and everyone) would not approve of this and it would never go anywhere.
I too will stop here cause the immature suggestions just goes to tell me how some think.
Posted ImagePosted Image(facebook) cathyld73@yahoo.com

#87 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

Voted most likely to be a janitor in Highschool

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 08:40 AM

Over 500 places?!

Unrelated, thank you for illustrating why I value the maturity of Ghostvillage and the reason why I'm only a member of one bulletin board. :)

#88 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 10:05 AM

Please keep posts respectful to the members and the participants of this discussion. I don't want to have to ask again.

Threats are uncalled for, immature and just plain irritating.

Vampchick21
Ghostvillage Paranormal Media Boards.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#89 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 10:17 AM

Oh, I forgot, to MoonChild; this person brought up his "proof" of spirits manifesting from orbs. Why go start a whole new thread when I can just ask it here?

Because it keeps threads on topic, that's why. Which is standard proceedure on message boards.

Besides, as MoonChild already linked in his post about that, there IS a thread about orbs and the theories thereof, so you don't have to go starting a new thread, you can simply pose your demand request for proof there. POLITELY. Without threats, foul language or rank immaturity.

As I stated before, THIS thread is about people's OPINONS about another paranormal forum. If you feel the need to defend said forum, fine. BUT KEEP IT POLITE AND MATURE.

I will not ask again.

Vampchick21
Ghostvillage Paranormal Media boards

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#90 BellaRose

BellaRose

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • Interests:My SON (the Sunshine of my Life!!!!), Reading,<br />Bellydancing, My Pets, Sharing Information.<br /><br />ROSE &amp; THE TAROT<br />I have been studying the TAROT for 25+ years and have given readings to both the Famous and Non-Famous alike.<br />I have NEVER charged for a reading....<br />I studied extensively with Shekhinah Mountainwater<br />(1939-2007) from 1998 thru 2000. I was ordained as a Priestess in 1999.<br /><br /><br />QUIZILLA<br />CHECK OUT MY QUIZZES, POETRY, &amp; POLLS:<br />http://www.quizilla.com/users/6CentsRose/

Posted 21 May 2007 - 10:37 AM

HI There StanleySatan,
I am not sure why there is so much hostility about orbs manifesting into spirits in this thread...
You can check out Orbs manifesting into full-blown Ectoplasmic Mist on my site...
Just click at the bottom of the Blue Fairy...

I am the founder of 6 CENTS Investigations, a paranormal investigative team. That series of pictures and negatives were sent into Kodak and there is no logical explanation for the orbs or red ecto-mist. And I shot the pix so I can personally assure you they are authentic. That said...

It makes some of us here at GV wonder if you have an agenda or an ulterior motive. It seems like you are not interested in addressing and openly discussing this topic in an appropriate thread.
Rather, it kind of seems like you want to argue with various GV members...

By the way, I decided to check out the claim you made that GV was not the "largest paranormal forum on the web"...
It by far IS...
Just look at the member numbers and you will see...
If you treat people the way you wish to be treated...
Things cruise along much smoother.

Spookily Yours,
~Bellarose

Edited by BellaRose, 21 May 2007 - 10:39 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users