Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

The TAPS forum is getting a little too wierd!

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#106 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 20 December 2009 - 01:24 PM

~I went to a forum that also has a tv show on A&E, and joined because I enjoyed watching the show......all except for this one episode that was clearly fake, due to the person the show was centered around. This person was also contributing to the forum about her actions on the show. I included a statement that was no different from any others' that thought the episode was too far "Hollywood-ish". She responded to me in a hateful way and well, I couldn't and wouldn't bite my tongue....I lashed back. I stopped going to that forum because it was sad that they weren't more like us here. I'm still a fan of the show, and I feel good knowing that I layed into that twit like a hot knife through butter...how dare her! Anyhoo.......I know that respect goes both ways, and I do very good otherwise. But this place here is the best place I've found so far. Both believers, skeptics, and in between are here......just the way I like it.
I went to the TAPS sight a couple of times and I just got such a cold reseption from them....first impressions are the lasting ones. But this is just me & my little 'ol opinion.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#107 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 20 December 2009 - 01:32 PM

Yep, it's definitely a fan site. I recall a few of the threads regarding how cute Andy was and how they liked Brian. I think it was a bunch of gaga teenagers drooling.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#108 Corey

Corey

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 03:13 PM

Although I enjoy watching the show, I understand that GH is basically the paranormal equivalent of Britney Spears. Nice to look at, but just a tool for making money.
I can see how the forum would reflect this.

#109 dannyau

dannyau

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:53 AM

Although I enjoy watching the show, I understand that GH is basically the paranormal equivalent of Britney Spears. Nice to look at, but just a tool for making money.

ok i got all my threads closed today because i dared tell Bob the Moderator from taps that he was a tool and pointed out all things that he has been doing to people hahahaha i also sent an email to all the moderators but i dont think that will change anything the forum just anoys me now its full of tools i agree with Corey from now on im going to call it it Britneys paranormal forum lol

#110 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 21 December 2009 - 05:35 AM

ok i got all my threads closed today because i dared tell Bob the Moderator from taps that he was a tool and pointed out all things that he has been doing to people hahahaha i also sent an email to all the moderators but i dont think that will change anything the forum just anoys me now its full of tools i agree with Corey from now on im going to call it it Britneys paranormal forum lol

I hope you didn't post any links to this forum. We aren't here to cause any grief by starting "board wars". I'm not liking their forum either but I will just step out the door and let have their fan forum.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#111 dannyau

dannyau

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 06:43 AM

na axman i wouldnt do that
i closed my acount on there i cant be bothered with them hey

#112 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 21 December 2009 - 05:43 PM

I've been to the GH forum on the sci-fi website and it was absolutely ludacris... They spent more time there calling each other names than I have ever seen. I do enjoy watching GH (let's just say I have the hots for Steve and Tango) mostly because I love looking at the locations they visit (and S&T)... I have always said that I want an old victorian house down by Cheesman park in Denver and wouldn't mind if it had it's spooks.
Love life.

#113 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 21 December 2009 - 06:59 PM

Please keep your postings about other sites and forums free from nastiness or name calling, etc. Anything that is in violation of the guidelines will be set invisible and the topic could be closed. I don't want to do that so, please everyone, try not to be nasty here.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#114 Corey

Corey

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 12:12 AM

Anything entertainment related is going to have it's hardcore followers. I know a gal who says that Poison is the best band ever. I say let them have it if it makes them happy.
Thing is, they are setting themselves up for a fall. The fans of today will grow up and move onto something else that's flavor of the minute, and the newer crop will attach themselves to something other than GH.
I think that almost forces GH and shows of that ilk to do some pretty ridiculous things to make money. They realize that the ride they are currently on will surely end at some point. Now, could you go back to working at Roto-Rooter after being a big tv star?

#115 dannyau

dannyau

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 01:03 AM

Anything entertainment related is going to have it's hardcore followers. I know a gal who says that Poison is the best band ever. I say let them have it if it makes them happy.
Thing is, they are setting themselves up for a fall. The fans of today will grow up and move onto something else that's flavor of the minute, and the newer crop will attach themselves to something other than GH.
I think that almost forces GH and shows of that ilk to do some pretty ridiculous things to make money. They realize that the ride they are currently on will surely end at some point. Now, could you go back to working at Roto-Rooter after being a big tv star?

i agree with Corey
ive been in the music industry for the last 30 years OMG that sounds like a long time hahaha and people change there taste in music and TV shows like they change there undie`s its all about getting in doing what ever you have to do to make BAD_WORD loads of cash and then sitting back and reaping the rewards one name comes to mind MILLE VANILLIE its all show bizz and i think a lot of people out there are missing that point if you look at the TAPS forums they ask for any ideas on merchandise and where to investagate but then again i do like the show id rather watch TAPS than Most Haunted
that little chick that screams all thime gives me a headache lol

Edited by Redhead, 28 December 2009 - 11:42 PM.

#116 BringOnTheGhosts

BringOnTheGhosts

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 01:19 PM

The only useful part of their website is the pages where they teach you about equipment and different types of paranormal phenomena. The forums don't seem very much "ghost hunters" related, just some bored yahoo's with nothing better to do. Which is why I think the real ghost fans come to ghost village, because it's useful.
One bright day in the middle of the night,Two dead boys got up to fight,Back to back they faced each other,Drew their swords and shot each other,A deaf policeman heard the noise,And went to save those two dead boys,If you donít believe itís true,Ask the blind man he saw it too.

#117 Joe Andrasi

Joe Andrasi

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:Interested in all that is paranormal of course. I am an avid hunter, fisherman and love the outdoors! I am a lover of fine firearms and an expert in combat handgun courses. I love reading just about anything that tickles my fancy. I am interested in autism nd other developmental disabilities as I retired from that field after 30 + years of providing services.

Posted 18 February 2010 - 05:03 PM

Everyone needs to realize that ParaTV or Para-Entertainment, whatever your preference, relies on a fan base, and not all fans--or possibly even a high percentage--are not true paranormal researchers, investigators--or even enthusiasts--they are fans and nothing more. I have watched GhostHunters since its inception and have met most of the TAPS crew and enjoyed their company but I have learned to draw the line (and unfortunately there is one) between dedicated paranormal research and ParaTV.--JJA
JJA

#118 Joe Andrasi

Joe Andrasi

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:Interested in all that is paranormal of course. I am an avid hunter, fisherman and love the outdoors! I am a lover of fine firearms and an expert in combat handgun courses. I love reading just about anything that tickles my fancy. I am interested in autism nd other developmental disabilities as I retired from that field after 30 + years of providing services.

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:05 PM

Please keep your postings about other sites and forums free from nastiness or name calling, etc. Anything that is in violation of the guidelines will be set invisible and the topic could be closed. I don't want to do that so, please everyone, try not to be nasty here.

KUDOS to you! That's exactly why I don't visit some particular websites. Please continue to keep it clean. We can discuss, debate, and agree to diagree without personaal attacks and nasty name-calling. Sincerely--JOE
JJA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users