Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

The TAPS forum is getting a little too wierd!

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#1 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 05 January 2005 - 06:20 PM

I used to drop in there daily but find myself here more because everyone seems to discuss things more rationally. Besides, TAPS forums are filled with really oddball topics that people have been posting.

Gee, I love GV!!!
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#2 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,366 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 05 January 2005 - 07:37 PM

i'm glad you found us :D
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#3 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 06 January 2005 - 12:04 AM

Wow...I went over there to take a look and it is completely full of rookies, stooges and idiots! You could take everything that those people know about the paranormal and stuff it into a thimbal. I don't think that it will ever be a stop that I will make again. If ignorance is bliss....they must be the happiest people in the world. I think I will just stay close to home here at gv where there is paranormal knowledge. Wow!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 06 January 2005 - 06:38 PM

Wow...I went over there to take a look and it is completely full of rookies, stooges and idiots! You could take everything that those people know about the paranormal and stuff it into a thimbal. I don't think that it will ever be a stop that I will make again. If ignorance is bliss....they must be the happiest people in the world. I think I will just stay close to home here at gv where there is paranormal knowledge. Wow!

Ditto, I'm sure glad we here have a better outlook in the paranormal "arts"! I pop in there about every 2 days or so and it amazes me to the point that I just shake my head and hit my GV bookmark.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#5 chrissybot

chrissybot

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 12:48 AM

[B][FONT=Optima][FONT=Times][COLOR=purple]Hi guys. New here & very much enjoying this site. I just had to comment on the show "TAPS'.In my area, we have the south jersey ghost researchers who do exactly what TAPS does, but professionally. These guys on TAPS need to be more professional. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the show because I am interested in the paranormal, but, well my hubby & I had the SJGR team come out to investigate our home twice after much activity that could not be explained, & they seemed more professional. Remember the episode when taps went to the prison & the guys were running out of the area they were supposed to be investigating, well, we did not have anyone running out of any rooms. I thought that episode was a joke & not at all professional. This is just my opinion. All & all, it is an interesting show. Just thought I would put in my 2 cents. Have a good day! ;)

#6 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 08 January 2005 - 01:19 AM

chrissybot...welcome to the village! I am glad to see you here. As you can see I don't think much of them either and watch the show some times for comic relief. I think that they give real paranormal investigators like our group a bad name.

#7 ohhorror

ohhorror

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Interests:Photography, I love digital infrared photography, History, Computers and of course computer games, Psychology, Strip Clubs, Oh, and of course ghost hunting and paranormal studies.

Posted 11 January 2005 - 09:10 PM

I am not sure how TAPS conducted investigations in the past, I do know someone linked with the show and the fact that the team is on camera really hurts how they use to do investigations. From what I was told they use to go to a home several times, now because of schedule they go there for a few hours only shoot some footage and wrap things up.

Maybe they will change things for season 2.

All I know is my team is going to one of the homes from the show this month to re-investigate it because the homeowners were upset as to how they were treated.
Posted Image Founder of the Connecticut Paranormal Research Team - www.ctparanormal.comhttp://www.myspace.com/ghosthunterx

#8 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 09:21 PM

Ok, clearly I'm out of the loop on this one...What exactly is TAPS? Is it a tv show and internet forum? :unsure:

<hates it when she does not know what everybody is talking about>
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#9 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 09:27 PM

TAPS-The Atlantic Paranormal Society

They have a show on the Sci-Fi channel every Wednesday night following the show proof positive. They are rude and crude and know next to nothing about the paranormal in my opinion. They do half-arsed investigations and wouldn't know paranormal evidence if it bit them in that arse. I watch them because it is like a comedy team. Heck, they even run if they see a ghost, it is very funny. The only down side to them is that they give real ghost hunters a bad name. They also have a message board where people have jumped the bandwagaon to get that touch of fame by talking to the member of this so called team. The problem is that most of the people in the boards have no good knowledge either but they all think they do. It is really strange. I hope that brings you up to speed on all of it.

#10 cathylj73

cathylj73

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts
  • Interests:Animals, paranormal, Kids

Posted 11 January 2005 - 09:49 PM

welcome chrissybot I agree I watch TAPS here also but went to their web site once and well it did nothing for me. I enjoy the people here and everyone is friendly. It is a great site. see you around
Cathy
Posted ImagePosted Image(facebook) cathyld73@yahoo.com

#11 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 10:11 PM

Thank you, Cathy! :angry:
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#12 mattsin30

mattsin30

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 12:05 PM

I too have had some problems with the TAPS forum. It is not TAPS themselves but some of the people that use thier forum are really disrespectful They seem to spend more time bashing peoples evidence than asking questions about it. I personally have had to report to one of thier moderators about someone taking one of my photos and adding something in it then reposting it as thier own. However the TAPS group themselves I like the show Ghost Hunters and have met Keith, Carl Johnson the demonologists for Ghost Hunters. It is just the people who use thier forum I have a problem with.

#13 DarkPrincess

DarkPrincess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:Actually...A little bit of everything...I really love posting on GV and I enjoy the chat a lot also. Everyone has been just great! <br />If you have Yahoo or MSN ask me for ID :) feel free to PM me too.

Posted 24 April 2006 - 02:44 PM

I like TAPS, well their show, but their site is out of hand
Posted Image

#14 Chuck58

Chuck58

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 12:38 AM

[B][FONT=Optima][FONT=Times][COLOR=purple]Hi guys. New here & very much enjoying this site. I just had to comment on the show "TAPS'.In my area, we have the south jersey ghost researchers who do exactly what TAPS does, but professionally. These guys on TAPS need to be more professional. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the show because I am interested in the paranormal, but, well my hubby & I had the SJGR team come out to investigate our home twice after much activity that could not be explained, & they seemed more professional. Remember the episode when taps went to the prison & the guys were running out of the area they were supposed to be investigating, well, we did not have anyone running out of any rooms. I thought that episode was a joke & not at all professional. This is just my opinion. All & all, it is an interesting show. Just thought I would put in my 2 cents. Have a good day! :P

Well, in fairness to TAPS, the leader, Jason(?) did warn the two idiots that running away was unprofessional and not to do it again. As for their investigations, they can't honestly spend a few hours at a place and declare it haunted or not. That's what they were doing the first season.

Now, they're saying that during the time they were there, they found nothing, but that it doesn't mean the place isn't haunted. Ghosts don't appear on cue. I think they show up when they want, or when atmospheric conditions are right, or any number of other reasons. This is one of the weaknesses in the show, along with too much time spent Roto Rootering. That, though, is because Roto Rooter is giving them time off in trade for the free advertising.

Edited by Chuck58, 26 April 2006 - 12:39 AM.

#15 Tupac Amaru Shakur

Tupac Amaru Shakur

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 09:39 PM

ok i have a few things to say on this topic. i understand that some people do not like it, but most paranormal evidence can be disproved. at the forums we only try to figure out the truth. it is true that everu once in a while some rude guy will come along, but when people at the TAPS forums try to disprove something, they are not being rude. if you think they are, then you can send them a pm asking why they are. usually it is a misunderstanding. mattsin30, like i said, every once in a while someone stupid will come along. i'm extermely sorry if that happened, but you cannot stereotype everyone on the forums for being like that just because one person was. we at the TAPS forums are very nice people. and as for weird topics, it is usually people having fun. i encourage people to check out the TAPS forums. right now they are being re-done, but they should be great when they are finished.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users