Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Interests:The Force

Posted 08 January 2005 - 01:00 AM

Ever wonder what exactly makes up the human soul? :rolleyes:

Do we have souls at all ? If not then what ? <_<

Im interested in all opinions . B) With the many ways we see things comes the joy of learning from one another.

Rockhauler2k1 ;)
Many of the truths that we cling to depend greatly upon our point of view.Posted Image

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 08 January 2005 - 04:34 AM

The living essence in physical body, that ends with our death, is the soul.
Posted Image

#3 Camille

Camille

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 03:36 PM

Excellent question, Rock!

Well, I'm not sure we have a "soul", but then, not knowing what a soul is made of makes it hard to answer this question.

Could it be a part of our consciousness?
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite."Bertrand Russell"You're going to go to McDonald's... you'll order an Egg McMuffin and some coffee... WAIT! They're going to forget your extra salt! Remind them to give you salt, please!!"Ed Closser, Trivial Psychic

#4 tombob32

tombob32

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 05:04 PM

Hey, guys. . .

I work in a nursing home and I've seen quite a few of our residents soon after they've died. I agree with Moonchild: The soul is that essence of life that resides in our physical bodies until we die. It animates us.

I certainly believe that the soul passes to another plane of existence after death. Scientific or not, it offers hope that life, indeed, goes on after we die.

Glad to be part of the website!

Tom in Indian Trail (Charlotte), NC :)

#5 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 11:24 PM

I believe that our souls are simply energy. Unfortunately though, that raises another question. If energy can neither be created nor destroyed, where do the new souls come from? Our population is ever growing. If you believe in reincarnation, that would explain some of the souls, but what about all of the rest?
Posted Image

#6 Moon Queen

Moon Queen

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Interests:I like to go on the computer, sing play the piano and listen to my favortie music. Hanging out with friends is cool and we always have a rockin' good time! lol

Posted 09 January 2005 - 12:17 AM

I agree with Justa. I think that souls can be mad up of energy. A teacher that I have once told us that everything is made up a energy and that he believes god is the center of the energy. They say that god created us from an image of him self but we had no idea if god is man or women or either but we could say he is energy and there for gives an explination of our souls perhaps energy. I do agree with this very much and every since we've been told this I have been thinking of the posibilities of it and relize this is a good way to think of things. I also think that our souls do perhaps live on in a diffeent body after we die but inside this would give up the idea that we are the same person. Our physical features have really nothing to do with US they are just a way of identifing each soul at their differnt stages.
Posted Image"Don't think about tomorrow while your living in today!!"

#7 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 09 January 2005 - 03:44 AM

If energy can neither be created nor destroyed, where do the new souls come from?

what if the new souls (if at all) are part of the energy that gets seperated from a unified source? That which also explains the GOD as the Supreme Power. Just like the sun has it's energy getting dissipated as flares and things, what if the soul is actually part of this great source of energy? That also can explain all the religious belief's and doctrines. Which also explains and justifies the law of Karma. Because when this part-energy gets unbalanced with Karmic cycle, it cannot join back onto the original source untill the balance is restored. :)
Posted Image

#8 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 09 January 2005 - 10:54 AM

I have to agree with Justa too. That is what is making us...well, us right now. That is the part that moves on. I also would like to comment that....who says there has to be new souls? That is something that the living say. perhaps it isn't accurate. Just a thought.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#9 Rockhauler2k1

Rockhauler2k1

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Interests:The Force

Posted 09 January 2005 - 11:41 AM

KRCs quote says alot about the answer I think :D

Its absoutly an interesting question . I think alot of answers are based upon belief and social upbringing .

It must be some sort of energy.

It was Albert who said energy cant not be destroyed . It can only change form .

Hmmmmm :rolleyes:

Rockhauler2k1
Many of the truths that we cling to depend greatly upon our point of view.Posted Image

#10 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 06:04 PM

Good point MoonChild. I guess I was just looking at the energy on Earth must remain on Earth. I wasn't looking broad enough at the point that the whole universe has energy which travels from point to point.
Posted Image

#11 Cyn

Cyn

Has a thing for owls

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts
  • Interests:I love to cook and try new and different recipes. I adore animals of all kinds. Music is another great love of mine. Paranormal and metaphysical subjects of all kinds. Nature, drawing and painting, writing, photography, reading. I am learning how to knit...but I'm not very good at it. The list is endless. The one thing that I don't have a big love for is sports. I wish I could like it, but just can't get into it for some reason.

Posted 09 January 2005 - 06:31 PM

I believe that our souls are simply energy. Unfortunately though, that raises another question. If energy can neither be created nor destroyed, where do the new souls come from? Our population is ever growing. If you believe in reincarnation, that would explain some of the souls, but what about all of the rest?

Of course, I don't have the answer...just an idea. Maybe a lot of those souls who had passed (many ages ago) have held back in reincarnating until now. Who knows how many souls have been in storage (so to speak) for eons. Maybe now is the time, the right time, to come back and complete their destiny. Just a thought!

Also, as our original soul manifested from somewhere...someplace...new souls are being created. Maybe there is a Soul-Factory out there. The whole concept is mind-boggling.

:D
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars, you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.Posted Image

#12 Sammy_Da_Cat

Sammy_Da_Cat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • Interests:Buddhism, hiking, meditation, Tai Chi, Yoga, reading, spending quality time with my family, and of course the paranormal.

Posted 09 January 2005 - 11:23 PM

Good point MoonChild. I guess I was just looking at the energy on Earth must remain on Earth. I wasn't looking broad enough at the point that the whole universe has energy which travels from point to point.

There is also the possibility that these energies are not only bound to the everexpanding universe of this realm but can come from other realms also.

#13 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 12:17 AM

I think the soul, whatever it is, weighs 21 grams. I believe some experiments were done and when a body is alive, it weighs a certain number, but when it's weighed directly after death, it's 21 grams lighter. Don't ask me who came up with this experiment, but it's an interesting bit of trivia, and since I have such a trivial mind, I love this stuff.
petunia4998

#14 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 09:46 AM

But why would something that is not tangible have a tangible weight?
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

#15 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 11 January 2005 - 10:37 PM

The experiment petunia is referring to was performed by Dr. Duncan MacDougall in 1907.

It's outlined here http://www.snopes.co.../soulweight.asp

Further interesting trivia....this is where the recent film "21 Grams" starring Benicio Del Toro, Sean Penn and Naomi Watts got it's title from.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users