27 replies to this topic

#16 TheProdigalSon

TheProdigalSon

Junior Villager

• Deleted
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 12:06 PM

The problem is, no one on GV is an "expert". Everyone has differing views on what is and what isn't some form of spiritual, ghostly somethingorother.

#17 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 21 January 2005 - 01:19 PM

Prodigal...there isn't anyone anywhere that is an expert. There are people with a lot of experience which you do find here at gv. The peopel that have taken hundreds and hundreds of pics, evps and done a ton of investigations are probably the closest thing.

Just my 2 cents worth
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#18 MELLY

MELLY

Loves Firemen!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts
  • Interests:Reading, gardening, my daughters and grandchildren, travel. I collect dolls, first edition signed novels, and love architectual salvage!

Posted 21 January 2005 - 02:20 PM

If digital is no good and 35mm are good what about APS? I typically use both my digital and APS as I no longer have a 35mm.
Religious people fear going to hell. Spiritual people have already been there.

#19 Chimera

Chimera

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 09:58 AM

There are a lot of pics that are not paranormal the there are quite a few that are. Basically you have to decide when you are looking.

isn't it more harm than good, when as a learner you tend to be misguided?

#20 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 22 January 2005 - 10:06 AM

How exactly do you mean misguided? Are you talking about someone who is claiming a pic to be paranormal and it obviously isn't? If that is the case then you can just ignore the ones that you don't agree with. Like orbs for instance...a paranormal orb has more consistancy to it...more body that is brighter and more solid looking most of the time. A dust or pollen orb is very transparent, thin looking and whispy. You will figure it all out eventually.

#21 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,400 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 22 January 2005 - 10:09 AM

That is a good information about orbs, krc. I am taking my camera out form the cupboard and going to shoot a few snaps inthe coming days, hope this information can help be detect the right orbs.
Posted Image

#22 Chimera

Chimera

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 10:13 AM

imagine a totally new person who is interested in learning about photographing the ghosts come across people's polished (overly excited) comment and this person take all wrong turns. I can understand people trying to find a reason to believe or locate spirits in the pictures, but certain pctures are so silly and it is clear the shapes are from other things. sorry if I am sounding personal.

#23 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 22 January 2005 - 11:56 AM

Particle orbs have concentric rings radiating from a center dot. Kinda resembles a log's cross-section. The most convincing orbs that I've seen are photographed with no flash on 800 or 1200 film
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#24 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 06:44 PM

Chimera, if you believe a pic to be false then that is your belief. There are pictures that I don't buy into either. It all comes down to personal experience. Who knows, I could be wrong about some of the ones I don't believe are paranoraml. It is a continuous learning process.

#25 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 22 January 2005 - 07:13 PM

There used to be a topic on the Spiritography board that was pinned and was for displaying pictures that appeared at first glance to be paranormal but were not. You know, like a hair or a dust orb or a camera strap, things like that. I just checked and it's not there anymore. But it really should be.

And Chimera, I can only suggest that someone interested in begining Paranormal Photography would actually properly research it. Many sites out there go into exacting detail as to what is and what is not a paranormal picture, and show false photos and doctored photos with explainations of how it's done. A quick web search would show you that. The other suggestion I would have for a newcomer to spiritography would be to use personal discretion and common sense and ask questions in a reasonable tone. I'm no 'expert', but now I can certainly pick out a dust orb and a hair across the camera lense and things like that.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#26 Chimera

Chimera

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 23 January 2005 - 06:34 AM

thank you everyone.

#27 Texas_Angel20

Texas_Angel20

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Besides anything paranormal, I like western movies, especially John Wayne movies, I like the "Highlander" series and movies.I like Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, and the movie Young Guns. I like history, literature, art. I like reading, drawing, writting, and listening to music, in my spare time. I write short stories, novels, and poetry sometimes. I also like to do computer graphics. It's fun, and I think I'm pretty good at it. I like to sing, dance, go to rodeos ;) and ride and work with horses and animals. I am a student teacher at a private Christian School, and am working on getting my teaching certification.

Posted 12 June 2006 - 09:47 PM

No one has really posted in this in long time, but since it had to pertain to a question I was going to ask I decided to post it here. Hopefully I posted in the right thread. If not, I would like to say in advance how sorry I am....
Well my question pertains to the orbs you guys were discussing earlier. About how you can identify a spirit one from dust, pollen, or external forces. Use said:

Like orbs for instance...a paranormal orb has more consistancy to it...more body that is brighter and more solid looking most of the time. A dust or pollen orb is very transparent, thin looking and whispy. You will figure it all out eventually.

Particle orbs have concentric rings radiating from a center dot. Kinda resembles a log's cross-section.

While these are EXCELLANT explanations for orbs, I hear some people claim, that orbs are not a sign of paranormal activity at all. That in most cases it is a sign of external influences most of the time, and a small percentage THAT DO show orbs are just signs of energy. Can someone please clarify this for me? Are orbs a sign of paranormal activity or not? And if they are, why do most ghost hunters dismiss them as particles of dust or pollen? Any help ya'll can give me on this would be extremely helpful. Thanks. :angry:

#28 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 07:13 AM

Orbs are ghosts in a relaxed state. There are a lot of orbs that get photographed that are dust or pollen. Check out our video here where an orb manifests into a shadow. This one can be nothing other than paranormal.

http://www.ghostvill...opic=12762&st=0

For more information on orbs go to our site by clicking the graphic in the signature. Check out the theory page.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users