The truth according to hollywood:)
Posted 17 January 2005 - 02:35 PM
1. Large, loft-style apartments in New York are within the price range of most people, whether they are employed or not.
2. At least one out of every pair of identical twins is born evil.
3. Should you decide to defuse a bomb, don't worry which wire to cut.
4. During all police investigations, it will be necessary to visit a strip club at least once.
5. If you are blonde and pretty, it's possible to become a world expert on nuclear fission at age 22.
6. Radiation causes interesting mutations, not to your future children, but to you, right then and there.
7. When you turn out the light to go to bed, everything in your bedroom will still be clearly visible, just slightly bluish.
8. The Eiffel Tower can be seen from any window in Paris.
9. If a large pane of glass is visible, someone will soon be thrown through it.
10. Most dogs are immortal.
11. Even when driving down a perfectly straight road, it is necessary to turn the steering wheel vigorously from left to right every few moments.
12. Word processors never display a cursor on screen but will always say "Enter password now".
13. A detective can only solve a case once he has been suspended from duty.
14. You're very likely to survive any battle in any war unless you make the mistake of showing someone a picture of your sweetheart back home.
15. All grocery bags contain at least one loaf of French bread.
16. It's easy for anyone to land a plane providing there is someone in the control tower to talk you down.
17. Should you wish to pass yourself off as a German officer, it will not be necessary to speak the language. A German accent will do.
18. A man will show no pain while taking the most ferocious beating but will wince when a woman tries to clean his wounds.
19. Honest and hardworking policemen are traditionally gunned down three days before retirement.
20. It does not matter if you are heavily outnumbered in a fight involving martial arts; your enemies will wait patiently to attack you one by one by dancing around in a threatening manner until you have knocked out their predecessors.
21. If staying in a haunted house, women should investigate strange noises in their most revealing underwear.
22. If you decide to start dancing in the street, everyone else on the street will know all the steps.
23. All bombs are fitted with electronic timing devices with large red readouts so you know exactly when they're going to go off.
24. The White House can be seen from any window in D.C.
25. Rather than wasting bullets, megalomaniacs prefer to kill their arch-enemies using complicated machinery involving fuses, pulley systems, deadly gasses, lasers, and man-eating sharks, which will allow their captives at least 20 minutes to escape.
26. Police departments give their officers personality tests to make sure they are deliberately assigned a partner who is their opposite.
27. Television news bulletins usually contain a story that affects you personally at that precise moment.
Posted 17 January 2005 - 02:40 PM
um..#21 could also apply to men
Or do things worth the writing.
Posted 17 January 2005 - 02:43 PM
Posted 17 January 2005 - 03:03 PM
wot u say is so true but here is one just 4 u.
i`m not in2 hollywood but more in 2 the
LAWS OF JAPANEESE ANIMATION
i hope u will as mutch fun reading this as i did ur`s.
#1 - Law of Metaphysical Irregularity
The normal laws of physics do not apply.
#2 - Law of Differentiated Gravitation
Whenever someone or something jumps, is thrown,
or otherwise is rendered airborne, gravity is
reduced by a factor of 4.
#3 - Law of Sonic Amplification, First Law of
In space, loud sounds, like explosions, are even louder because there is
no air to get in the way.
#4 - Law of Constant Thrust, First Law of Anime Motion
In space, constant thrust equals constant velocity.
#5 - Law of Mechanical Mobility, Second Law of Anime Motion
The larger a mechanical device is, the faster it moves. Armored Mecha
are the fastest objects known to human science.
#6 - Law of Temporal Variability
Time is not a constant. Time stops for the hero whenever he does
something 'cool' or 'impressive'. Time slows down when friends and
lovers are being killed and speeds up whenever there is a fight.
#7 - First Law of Temporal Mortality
'Good Guys' and 'Bad Guys' both die in one of two ways. Either so quick
they don't even see it coming, OR it's a long drawn out affair where the
character gains much insight to the workings of society, human existence
or why the toast always lands butter side down.
#8 - Second Law of Temporal Mortality
It takes some time for bad guys to die... regardless of physical
damage. Even when the 'Bad Guys' are killed so quickly they didn't even
see it coming, it takes them a while to realize they are dead. This is
attributed to the belief that being evil damages the Reality Lobe of the
#9 - Law of Dramatic Emphasis
Scenes involving extreme amounts of action are depicted with either
still-frames or black screens with a slash of bright color (usually red
#10 - Law of Dramatic Multiplicity
Scenes that only happen once, for instance, a 'Good Guy' kicks the
'Bad Guy' in the face, are seen at least 3 times from 3 different angles.
#11 - Law of Inherent Combustibility
Everything explodes. Everything.
First Corrallary - Anything that explodes bulges first.
Second Corrallary - Large cities are the most explosive substances
known to human science. Tokyo in particular seems to be the most
unstable of these cities, sometimes referred to as "The Matchstick
#12 - Law of Phlogistatic Emission
Nearly all things emit light from fatal wounds.
#13 - Law of Energetic Emission
There is always an energy build up (commonly referred to as an energy
'bulge') before Mecha or space craft weapons fire. Because of the
explosive qualities of weapons, it is believed that this is related to
the Law of Inherent Combustibility.
#14 - Law of Inverse Lethal Magnitude
The destructive potential of a weapon is inversely proportional to
#15 - Law of Inexhaustibility
No one *EVER* runs out of ammunition. That is of course unless they
are cornered, out-numbered, out-classed, and unconscious.
#16 - Law of Inverse Accuracy
The accuracy of a 'Good Guy' when operating any form of fire-arm
increases as the difficulty of the shot increases. The accuracy of the
'Bad Guys' when operating fire-arms decreases when the difficulty of the
shot decreases. (Also known as the Stormtrooper Effect) Example: A
'Good Guy' in a drunken stupor being held upside down from a moving
vehicle will always hit, and several battalions of 'Bad Guys' firing on a
'Good Guy' standing alone in the middle of an open field will always miss.
First Corrallary - The more 'Bad Guys' there are, the less likely they
will hit anyone or do any real damage.
Second Corrallary - Whenever a 'Good Guy' is faced with insurmountable
odds, the 'Bad Guys' line up in neat rows, allowing the hero to
take them all out with a single burst of automatic fire and then
Third Corrallary - Whenever a 'Good Guy' is actually hit by enemy
fire, it is in a designated 'Good Guy Area', usually a flesh wound
in the shoulder or arm, which restricts the 'Good Guy' from doing
anything more strenuous than driving, firing weaponry, using melee
weapons, operating heavy machinery, or doing complex martial arts
#17 - Law of Transient Romantic Unreliability
Minmei is a bimbo. (* Note: The Minority Opposition in Ohio disagrees
and thinks all men who like this stuff need to get out more. *)
#18 - Law of Hemoglobin Capacity
The human body contains over 12 gallons of blood. Sometimes more.
#19 - Law of Demonic Consistency
Demons and other supernatural creatures have at least three eyes,
loads of fangs, tend to be yellow-green or brown, but black is not
unknown, and can only be hurt bladed weapons.
#20 - Law of Militaristic Unreliability
Huge galaxy-wide armadas, entire armies, and large war-machines full of
cruel, heartless, bloodthirsty warriors can be stopped and defeated with a
single insignificant example of a caring/loving emotion or a song.
#21 - Law of Tactical Unreliability
Tactical geniuses aren't....
#22 - Law of Inconsequential Undetectability
People never notice the little things.... Like missing body parts,
or wounds the size of Seattle.
#23 - Law of Juvenile Intellectuality
Children are smarter than adults. And almost always twice as annoying.
#24 - Law of Antagonistic Americanthropomorphism
The really nasty 'Bad Guys' are always skinny Americans.
#25 - Law of Americanthropomorphistic Intellectual Inferiority
The stupid 'Good Guys' are always big Americans.
First Corrallary - The only people who are more stupid than the big
dumb Americans are the American translators. (Sometimes referred
to as the Green Line Effect)
Second Corrallary - The only people who are more stupid than the
American translators are the American editors and censors.
#26 - Law of Mandibular Proportionality
The size of a person's mouth is directly proportional to the volume at
which they are speaking.
#27 - Law of Feline Mutat
Any half-cat/half-human mutation will invariably:
1) be female
2) will possess ears and sometimes a tail as a genetic mutation
3) wear as little clothing as possible, if any
#28 - Law of Conservation of Firepowe
Any powerful weapon capable of destroying/defeating an opponent in a
single shot will invariably be reserved and used only as a last resort.
#29 - Law of Technological User-Benevolence
The formal training required to operate a spaceship or mecha is inversely
proportional to its complexity.
#30 - Law of Melee Luminescence
Any being displaying extremely high levels of martial arts prowess and/or
violent emotions emits light in the form of a glowing aura. This aura is
usually blue for 'good guys' and red for 'bad guys'. This is attributed
to Good being higher in the electromagnetic spectrum than Evil.
#31 - Law of Non-anthropomorphic Antagonism
All ugly, non-humanoid alien races are hostile, and usually hell-bent on
destroying humanity for some obscure reason.
REMEMBER, IF YOU DIE A HERO, YOU'RE STILL DEAD.
Posted 17 January 2005 - 05:43 PM
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527
"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them
Posted 19 January 2005 - 03:20 AM
im with Willow #21 NEEDS TO APPLY TO MEN (and only men who look good w/o thier shirts need apply for the jobs darnit! )
I dont know if the rest are true but #18 is total fact
um..#21 could also apply to men
Posted 19 January 2005 - 05:44 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users