145 replies to this topic

#1 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,380 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 22 January 2005 - 06:25 PM

what bands have you seen in concert? I have been to alot of then so i will spread them out.

1.TED NUGENT / BAD_WORD YANKIES (this was my very fist concert back in 1989)

2.GUNS n' ROSES / METALLICA (big show but not that great-1993)

3.MEGADETH / PANTERA / WHITE ZOMBIE (1993)
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#2 Cyn

Cyn

Has a thing for owls

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts
  • Interests:I love to cook and try new and different recipes. I adore animals of all kinds. Music is another great love of mine. Paranormal and metaphysical subjects of all kinds. Nature, drawing and painting, writing, photography, reading. I am learning how to knit...but I'm not very good at it. The list is endless. The one thing that I don't have a big love for is sports. I wish I could like it, but just can't get into it for some reason.

Posted 22 January 2005 - 07:05 PM

At the grand old age of 45 (Yikes!) I have seen quite a few.
This is a good test for Alzeimers. As I stumble down memory lane, let's see how many I can recall.

Black Oak Arkansas
Kansas
The Who
Frank Zappa
Black Sabbath
Aerosmith
Ozzy
David Bowie
Deep Purple
Queen (13 Times - My alltime favorite band)
Stevie Nicks - (3 times)
Fleetwood Mac
Pink Floyd
Stray Cats
Brian Adams
Dan Fogelberg
Squeeze
Dave Mason
Emerson Lake and Palmer
Peter Frampton
Boston
Hot Tuna
Page and Plant
Kitaro
BAD_WORD Yankees
Meatloaf
Elton John
The Moody Blues
Johnny Maestro and The Brooklyn Bridge

Myparents took me to see the following: They were cool. In later years I took them to see some of the above mentioned.

David Cassidy
Sonny and Cher
Liberace
Judy Garland
The Monkees (What a trip-there was so much screaming going on in the audience that I couldn't even hear the concert). I was deaf for days after.

*Oh my god, I'm older than I thought! I am truly a fossil. But it was so much fun getting "fossilized". Funny, I don't feel that old! I am sure there is more but I am having a senior moment. If I can think of more I will drop in again.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars, you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.Posted Image

#3 Sinestro

Sinestro

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 07:10 PM

Wow that sure is alot Cyn, I have not been to a single concert in my life, and am not sure if I would really want to either.
-Chris-

#4 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 07:18 PM

:o Cyn... you have been to more concerts than I have CD's on my shelf ;)

Alas, I have not been to many. My parents (C&W Fans) took me to see The Statler Bros/Barbara Mandrell (I can hear the people scratching their heads now saying who?)

And I saw the Prince Purple Rain Concert in Detroit.

I think I need to get out more. :weeee:
Posted Image

#5 Cyn

Cyn

Has a thing for owls

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts
  • Interests:I love to cook and try new and different recipes. I adore animals of all kinds. Music is another great love of mine. Paranormal and metaphysical subjects of all kinds. Nature, drawing and painting, writing, photography, reading. I am learning how to knit...but I'm not very good at it. The list is endless. The one thing that I don't have a big love for is sports. I wish I could like it, but just can't get into it for some reason.

Posted 22 January 2005 - 07:23 PM

Wow that sure is alot Cyn, I have not been to a single concert in my life, and am not sure if I would really want to either.

Actually Sinestro, right now I don't think I would be interested in going to any concerts either and it's not because I am older. Things have changed so much since the 70s, 80s and even the 90s. The last major concert I saw was Elton John and that was in Vegas last year. That was a little different. It was at Caesar's Palace and everything was really civilized and cool. I don't mean to sound like an old fart, but nowadays anything goes and there is no law and order. The most dangerous thing we had to worry about at a concert when I was younger was some disturbed person throwing a lit firecracker into the crowd. There are so many other things to take into consideration now, and it's a shame.
;)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars, you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.Posted Image

#6 Cyn

Cyn

Has a thing for owls

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 07:41 PM

:o  Cyn... you have been to more concerts than I have CD's on my shelf  ;) 

Alas, I have not been to many.  My parents (C&W Fans) took me to see The Statler Bros/Barbara Mandrell  (I can hear the people scratching their heads now saying who?)

I think I need to get out more.  :weeee:

Hi Justa,

I've heard of Barbara Mandrell and the Statler Brothers. Every genre has its geniuses. How was Prince? I heard that he is amazing in concert. I love all kinds of music and always have, but in all honesty the music I have been hearing lately hasn't moved me at all. With all due respect I just don't understand rap, or J-Lo, or Britney, etc. Maybe I am just getting older, but I dont think they make music the way they used to. I do still love Metallica and Pearl Jam, etc. Did you ever check out Ritchie Blackmore's Night? Ritchie Blackmore, formerly of Deep Purple, has teamed up with Candace Night and their music is awesome. It is a combination of Celtic, Renaissance, New Age and Rock. Candace Night has a beautiful voice. If you are so inclined, give it a try.
:)

#7 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 07:51 PM

Hi Cyn

Yes, Prince was awesome in concert. I was very impressed. Of course I don't have much to compare it to.

Like you, I also listen to all kinds of music. I have to agree that some of todays music just doesn't do it for me. My girls often will put on a station that plays mostly rap (a lot different than the rap I remember)... and all I can hear is this steady bass beat in the background, and can't tell when one song ends and another begins. But then again, I am sure my parents thought the same about "my music". :)
Posted Image

#8 lulaboo

lulaboo

Beware of her lil' redneck girl rage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts
  • Interests:too many to list

Posted 22 January 2005 - 08:05 PM

Havent been to too many concerts in my life

Marilyn Manson 2 (A.C.S. & MECH.AN.) TOURS
AND OZZFEST 98

i usually attend the shows of some of my friends in the local bands in muncie
Mantis--(not to be cornfused w/ Eclipse signed Manntis)--though they have cut thier first c.d.
& Misery Theory.
Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#9 Cyn

Cyn

Has a thing for owls

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 08:06 PM

Hi Cyn

Yes, Prince was awesome in concert. I was very impressed. Of course I don't have much to compare it to.

Like you, I also listen to all kinds of music. I have to agree that some of todays music just doesn't do it for me. My girls often will put on a station that plays mostly rap (a lot different than the rap I remember)... and all I can hear is this steady bass beat in the background, and can't tell when one song ends and another begins. But then again, I am sure my parents thought the same about "my music". :P

:) Yeah, I know...I think I am starting to sound like my folks. But then again, my folks would join me at some of the concerts that I attended...even if they had cotton in their ears. They did love Queen however, and that was all I needed them to love because they were the ultimate band in my eyes. I just purchased tickets for "We Will Rock You" at the Paris Hotel in Las Vegas (am going there in March on vacation). I am looking forward to that, because it will be the closest I will come to Queen ever again.
:)

#10 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,380 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 10:11 PM

lets see...

DANZIG,
DISTURBED 2 times.
KISS 2 times
UNION UNDERGROUND 2 TIMES
OZZY
POISON 2times
VINCE NEIL 2 times
KING DIAMOND
MERCYFUL FATE
CRADLE OF FILTH 2 times
KITTIE
FEAR FACTORY 2 times
TYPE O NEGATIVE
SLAUGHTER
SKID ROW 2 times
GREAT WHITE
WASP 2 times
SLIPKNOT
MEAT LOAF
NILE
SIX FEET UNDER
MORBID ANGEL

thats it for now...I have tickets for MOTLEY CRUE, KING DIAMOND and DANZIG for the next few months.
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 11:05 PM

I did too, I did too..well it wasnt the Purple Rain one but it was most definately excellent :lol:

I've seen Linkin Park
Godsmack
Danzig
Motley Crue
Sevendust
Staind
Metallica
Poison
Skid Row
Alice in Chains
Kiss
Kid Rock
The Cure

I'm sure there are more but I can't remember them all :blink:
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

Posted Image

#12 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,400 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 23 January 2005 - 03:02 AM

I have been for the Deep Purple concert and Scorpions concert...... also the Bryan Adams one but it sucked.
Posted Image

#13 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,380 posts

Posted 29 January 2005 - 07:52 AM

I had the same think happen Moon...with Meat Loaf. It was a pretty good concert but some of the singing was off and didn't sound right.

Anybody else have any concerts they've been to?
and on Facebook

Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 Libramoon

Libramoon

Birthday Party Streak er

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy all things paranormal. I often go to haunted locations to take pictures and EVP's. I also live in an active location and have taken many pictures and EVP's in my home.<br /> I love to read just about anything and I hope one day to become a writter of both fiction and paranormal non-fiction. <br /> Our world is still a very mysterious place. We haven't even scratched the surface!

Posted 29 January 2005 - 10:25 AM

Cyn, you have seen all the greats! I'm 27 & been to only 3 concerts.

1. Def Lepard
2. AC/DC
3. Fuel

I'd give anything to see Ozzy!!!! :weeee:
To himself everyone is immortal; he may know that he is going to die, but he'll never know that he is dead. ~Samuel Butler~

#15 Cyn

Cyn

Has a thing for owls

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 29 January 2005 - 11:09 AM

Cyn, you have seen all the greats! I'm 27 & been to only 3 concerts.

1. Def Lepard
2. AC/DC
3. Fuel

I'd give anything to see Ozzy!!!! :D

You still have time LibraMoon! How was Def Leppard? I love that band. Yes, Ozzy was great. I loved his concert. But, for me "Queen" was the ultimate!
:lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users