Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

What's your FAVOURITE all time haunt?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#16 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 09:53 PM

Since i'm on my way to the uk in June, prolly will be checking out the Tower of London, White Chapel and especially Leeds Castle *claps hands excitedly* I cant wait ;D
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

Posted Image

#17 Justice

Justice

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 06:22 PM

K, gonna go with an old fave...The Bloody Tower, lol. There's just been so much blood spilled, both crowned heads and none, so I think it would be the coolest thing to go visit there one day. Have a particular fondess for Lady Jane Grey, so would love to check out the white tower where it is said she was beheaded. But aside from that, would like to check out Broyle Rectory, said to be THE most haunted place in all of merry england...or at least until modern times! ;D

Hey there, Shellas ;D

Not sure if that was a typo or not and if so, I apologise in advance ~ not trying to make you look stupid :-[... It was called Borley Rectory and it was here in my home county of Essex, but sadly it was largely destroyed by a fire in '39 ::) :( but from searching the net quickly just now it appears that the spirits have transferred their presence across to Borley Churchs, aross the road; well, no self-respecting ghost wants to be homeless, eh??  

Aim to check out the site though at some point in the near future though, just for lookies ;)

The Tower of London is pretty cool, only issues is the amount of Summer tourists (like Willow ::) :P :P :P hehe!) that converge on it! Although I went to the Changing of The Keys there a year ago and that was kinda creepy; late evening, limited light, little fog, large tower and echos!! :o :o :o

As for my favourite, I'm kinda limited in choice, as haven't really experienced anything worth noting.........so far!! :'(

JJ. :)

#18 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 15 April 2004 - 05:56 AM

Anyone ever heard of Leap Castle in Ireland?  That's another fave haunting of mine.  

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#19 ghosthunter1010

ghosthunter1010

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 06:52 AM

Mine would have to be the Fort in St Augustine Florida.

A higher up in the military caught his wife and a lower solider together and walled the up in the small room were they kept gun powder in and left them to die.  Many years later when the wall was opened they found the remains of the couple hugged together.  That room is very active and for anyone who is senesitive will pick up on the room when they enter.

#20 skepticspector

skepticspector

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 01:31 PM

Well, I'm pretty new to all this ghost stuff, so I don't know many stories or been to many places.Although, I do have one place that I'm particular fond to. It's a place in La Grande, Oregon called Hot Lakes Hotel. I had been to a lot of small places by friends who were always trying to convert me into a believer. Finally one of my friends took me to there on a moonless summers night, but the place was as visible as day, kind of like it was glowing. That night I was turned into a believer. It's amazing!

#21 snoopymom

snoopymom

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 04:45 PM

Dachau Concentration Camp - visited there a few years ago.  There is such a chill in the air as you walk in the gate.  You can definately tell that there was something very wrong there.
I think I've discovered the secret of life - you just hang around until you get used to it. --Charles SchulzPosted Image

#22 ghosthunter1010

ghosthunter1010

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 04:50 PM

I ve read stories about most of these places and would have to say that I would love to visit them.

As for going to England we were supposed to go this past October but we are hope to visit there next summer.

#23 cooolchick647

cooolchick647

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 04:28 PM

I would have to say that would have to be CVH Cemetery in Middletown, CT.  As soon as you drive down the bumpy, half pave road you can feel the presence.  We almost didn't walk through.  We got some great pictures filled with orbs.  Spooky.  
The hardest thing in life to learn is which bridge to cross, and which to burn. And don't worry because the world will still be broken tomorrow.Posted Image</a>Posted Image Posted Image

#24 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:typical teenager...crazy, lazy, sarcastic chick with a lightning fast wit and temper. i am ALSIE GIRL! defender of truth, justice, and replacing the toliet paper roll!<br /><br /> seriously though. i like reading, writing, sleeping, rocking out, trying to find someone to sell my little sister to, and speech team.

Posted 16 April 2004 - 05:04 PM

i have way to many favorite haunts to pick one! my number one is prolly the winchester house. and yet i'm being a homegirl and sayin resurrection mary and archer avenue...gotta love them phantom hitchikers. ;D although i loved the myrtles...before the virginia ghost hunters society completely ruined it for me.
A long, long time agoI can still rememberHow that music used to make me smileAnd I knew if I had my chanceThat I could make those people danceAnd maybe they'd be happy for a whileAmerican Pie, Don McLean~ carpe diem, seize the day, make your lives extraordinary.-dead poet's society i eat emo kids for breakfast. with french fried hash browns.

#25 LostSiren

LostSiren

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Location:x0|Cheshire|USA||0|0|MA,Massachusettsx0|Cheshire|USA||0|0|MA,Massachusetts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 01:39 PM

Mine would have to be one of the older houses I lived at in Connecticut a few years ago.  The house was originally part of an orphanage, one of the 3 houses that the staff used. The actual orphanage is now a private high school. Well, we moved into this house in the Spring of 97 when I first relocated to the East Coast. While unpacking and organizing the house while my daughters were at the high school, I heard noises and people talking and walking up the basement stairs, freaked me out a little so I went to investigate...nothing there. The events started to get more frequent and one night after this had gone on for a few weeks, one daughter was washing dishes and it was ungodly hot and humid...she came upstairs to the office and was totally white and informed me one of the basement's inhabitants had just walked directly through her...she was like an ice cube and it must have been at least 85 out at night with high humidity. Strange.

Come to find out after quite a bit of research, there had been one summer a very bad case of scarlet fever in the orphanage and occasionally they would bring some of the sick children to the houses and keep them in the basement to keep them cooler and more comfortable. Apparently a few had died during this outbreak and one corner in the basement was totally black.  Though it wasn't burnt at any time what so ever. So apparently what we were witnessing were the medical staff trying to keep the fever contained from the rest of the orphanage and they continue on to this day still working there even though they've passed on from this world.

We were able to finally find pictures of some of the medical staff and the doctor was the one that had walked through my daughter while she was doing the dishes. She had described him and when I pulled up a picture of him at the local historical society and copied it and showed it to her she totally freaked out. So on many occasions while we lived there, 2 years worth, we saw and heard many things...children crying, nurses and doctors working...in old clothing from the early to mid 1800's.

Seems we have a knack for living in haunted places as this wasn't the first or the last since living there. Another house also had a few ppl that refused to leave. I walked through my bedroom one day and had just happened to look at the dresser and watched a old antique hair brush decide to move a good foot from the middle of the dresser and just slide off onto the floor.  Another time when walking into my grandparents house after I had some foot surgery and in a cast and on crutches, the whole houses lights came on at night as I opened the door...no one turned the light switches on either and occasionally, the rocking chair that my Grandfather died in from a heart attack would start rocking all by itself...he had a heart attack on Jan 3rd, 1968 and up until the last time I was in the house in 1994, it would still rock on its own.

#26 Guest_Ghostbuter20_*

Guest_Ghostbuter20_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2004 - 06:42 PM

Well, I am severly limited when it comes to haunted places near me, but I'd have to say Stull Cemetery and Sauer Castle. I got more orbs at Sauer than anywhere else! :)

#27 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 06:50 PM

mine would be dudlytown

#28 yea_dude_i_rock16

yea_dude_i_rock16

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Location:x0|auburn|USA||0|0|MA,Massachusettsx0|auburn|USA||0|0|MA,Massachusettsx0|auburn|USA||0|0|

Posted 03 July 2004 - 12:44 PM

mine would have to be how you keep spelling FAVORITE wrong.....no im j/p..ummmmmm mine would have to be winchestermansion..only because of the story behind it..yay

#29 yea_dude_i_rock16

yea_dude_i_rock16

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Location:x0|auburn|USA||0|0|MA,Massachusettsx0|auburn|USA||0|0|MA,Massachusettsx0|auburn|USA||0|0|

Posted 03 July 2004 - 12:53 PM

either that or where im origionally from key west....i loved hearing all the scary tales of people whos love took them to theyre lovers garveonly to rob it and marry the corpes in the home of the person....gross i know but i loved hearing scary srories weni lived right net to the cemetary...funnn times

#30 diamonds

diamonds

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:ghosts, ghosts, and more ghosts!!!

Posted 06 July 2004 - 03:40 PM

best haunted place ever is Spidergates Cemetery in MA.... scariest place ever.....
diamonds

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users