49 replies to this topic

#46 hellpaso

hellpaso

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:paranormal experience/research for over 30 (ouch!) years

Posted 03 September 2007 - 09:54 AM

the magoffin house in el paso is really creepy, as is shiloh battlefield in tennessee. also the alamo, and the hotels around the alamo.

#47 Maelinde

Maelinde

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Science Fiction, Reading, Renaissance Faires, Costuming/Sewing, beading, jewelry design, polymer clay artist, singing, hanging out with my husband and two cats - and going for walks with my hubby.

Posted 06 September 2007 - 02:33 PM

My favorite haunts are the Whaley House in San Diego, CA (I used to live near there), and the Alamo in San Antonio, TX.

My husband is related to David Crockett, so the Alamo holds a special place for him.

When we visited the Alamo, I sensed quite a few spirits, but I never did sense Crockett.
Debbie / Maelinde"While the rest of the human race are descended from monkeys, redheads derive from cats." - Robert HeinleinVisit My Website

#48 Jerome

Jerome

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 06:34 AM

I have a few, although I don't know if they're really haunted, but being the kind of laces they ar, I would assume they are. First up, cemeteries. Bodies of those who died young and to epidemics buried in the ground and even above ground in mausoleums and crypts. A few of my ancestors died young. As a matter of fact, a few gnerations back, both my ggg grandmother and gg grandmother both died before reaching age 40. One died at 38 and the other at 31 I think. Anyway, Cemeteries, certain Southern plantations (the Myrtles included), and finally, old or abandoned asylums/mental hospitals. The sound of clanging chains and moans, and what-not, makes for a good haunt. Like I said, I don't know if they are haunted, but I would think so.

#49 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 15 December 2007 - 03:55 PM

The city of London !!!

But the best one for me so far has to be the Normandy Beaches in France !

#50 SuperJodi

SuperJodi

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 07:06 PM

I have not been to many haunted places, but The Stanley Hotel was up there for me. Dh and I spent our wedding night there. I didn't know anything of it being haunted back then. We got there pretty late and not much was open in Estes Park at that time. So we got to the hotel and checked in, this VERY old guy checked us in. It took FOREVER to get checked in, wait for the little old man to shuffle to the elevator. If anyone has ever been in the Stanley hotel then you will remember how close the check in desk is to the elevator. It is an old key operated elevator, or at least it was back then. So we got checked in, set our bags down and went to Taco Bell. When we came back all of our clothes were out of our bags and either in the drawers or hung up in the closet. I laughed and told dh that I didn't realize hotels still did turn down services and things like that anymore. Never thought about it past that.

Then last year we were watching some show on tv and they had went to the Stanley Hotel. That was one thing that the guide on the show had mentioned, the clothes being put away like that. Dh and I looked at each other and sorta went like :wow:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users