• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#16 amyo0o0

amyo0o0

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 29 January 2005 - 12:37 PM

My daughter and I watched a show about crop circles a few days ago. Fake or real, They are AMAZING to look at. Some of them were just gorgeous. And one report showed flying balls of light over some of the fields...In the Weekly World News this week, crop circles appeared overnite in a man's chest hair...LMAO :lol: Amy

#17 Boointhecity

Boointhecity

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 29 January 2005 - 01:03 PM

In the Weekly World News this week, crop circles appeared overnite on a man's chest hair...LMAO  :(              Amy

We shall consider that one an absolute fake! Please! Let us not talk about how that one was formed! ;) I don't wish to know! :D :lol:

#18 amyo0o0

amyo0o0

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 29 January 2005 - 05:11 PM

Fake or very creative cooties...... :)

#19 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 29 January 2005 - 05:30 PM

Alien fleas? :)
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#20 Simmy

Simmy

Ghostvillage Newsgirl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,636 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Cars, Animals, Family....LIFE!

Posted 29 January 2005 - 05:34 PM

What a pretty snowflake!!!

#21 antenna

antenna

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 29 January 2005 - 06:51 PM

Just my opinion but I think it's all funky installation art of very human origin. Check out that link to the Circlemakers site- that's just one group. They even show you how its done.

Culturally, I think it's the next step beyond graffiti art. Do you remember when graffiti art was a new idea? Half the appeal was in the mystery of where it would turn up next and who the heck was behind it. I really think that's what's up with crop circles.
Posted Image BOO!

#22 MELLY

MELLY

Loves Firemen!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts
  • Interests:Reading, gardening, my daughters and grandchildren, travel. I collect dolls, first edition signed novels, and love architectual salvage!

Posted 31 January 2005 - 01:24 PM

I am undecided but fascinated as to what these things are.

National Geographic aired a new show yesterday about crop circles on their Behind the Mysteries series. I don't see that it is scheduled to run again but here is a link for those interested as I am sure it will run again sometime. It was a good show but left me more undecided than ever. There are just too many hoaxes.

http://www.nationalg...nnel/ET/weekly/
Religious people fear going to hell. Spiritual people have already been there.

#23 WishingStar

WishingStar

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:My four children, ghost hunting, religious debate, paganism, movies, and anything Disney.

Posted 31 January 2005 - 02:24 PM

Hoax or not they really are amazing to look at. I'm really impressed that the admitted circle makers are able to go out and create these perfectly symmetrical designs but then I'm impressed by corn mazes lol!

Debbie a.k.a. "WishingStar"
Debbie a.k.a. ~*~WishingStar~*~

#24 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 31 January 2005 - 05:13 PM

Hoax or not they really are amazing to look at. I'm really impressed that the admitted circle makers are able to go out and create these perfectly symmetrical designs but then I'm impressed by corn mazes lol!

Corn mazes? I thought corn was maize!?!?!
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#25 ICThings13

ICThings13

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:I like rock, country, metal music, and the only rap music I like is Run DMC cause there not like Usher and Eminem, there funny!!!<br /><br />I love poetry, and drawing, going on the computer annd shopping.........when i have money! ONe weird thing about me is that I love cleaning my room, but thats the only thing I love cleaning. LOL!

Posted 31 January 2005 - 08:02 PM

My mom said that those orb thigies around crop circles are pollen but there has been word that people who visit crop circles get head achs and get sick 5 min. after leaving one. Ha HA! Haunted crop circles! :lol: I really don't know what to say about them, maybe we'll never know who or what created all of them.
Ahhhhhh..............why cant we know everything!?! LOL! :D

I love your guys replies! Thanx!

#26 WishingStar

WishingStar

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:My four children, ghost hunting, religious debate, paganism, movies, and anything Disney.

Posted 01 February 2005 - 01:13 PM

Hoax or not they really are amazing to look at.  I'm really impressed that the admitted circle makers are able to go out and create these perfectly symmetrical designs but then I'm impressed by corn mazes lol!

Corn mazes? I thought corn was maize!?!?!

Hee hee! You are right! Corn is maize! I like to go to Maize mazes in the Fall. :) If you haven't been to one I highly recommend them as a wonderful way to pass an afternoon. I especially like the haunted corn mazes they put on at night here in New England.

#27 Boointhecity

Boointhecity

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 03:13 PM

I find it weird that nobody ever catches large groups of people making these things! Considering the intricate details that some of these designs have, and that most of these circles are made overnight with as much as 2 people? They claim (crop circle makers) that this is easy? Cmon... I mean look at this thing!

Posted Image

This would be hard for any artist to do and not be seen (Especially in the dark without flashlights!) anywhere they would attempt this sort of thing.
;)

#28 WishingStar

WishingStar

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 03:53 PM

I find it weird that nobody ever catches large groups of people making these things! Considering the intricate details that some of these designs have, and that most of these circles are made overnight with as much as 2 people? They claim (crop circle makers) that this is easy? Cmon... I mean look at this thing!

Posted Image

This would be hard for any artist to do and not be seen (Especially in the dark without flashlights!) anywhere they would attempt this sort of thing.
;)

That's what I'm wondering too. If these circles are all being created by human artisans why are they not being caught in the act? I have a hard time believing that only two people could create such large works in a single night. These things can be quite large. I saw one near Avebury and it was ginormous!!! :o

Debbie

#29 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 02:49 PM

My mom said that those orb thigies around crop circles are pollen but there has been word that people who visit crop circles get head achs and get sick 5 min. after leaving one. Ha HA! Haunted crop circles! :) I really don't know what to say about them, maybe we'll never know who or what created all of them.
Ahhhhhh..............why cant we know everything!?! LOL! :(

I love your guys replies! Thanx!

Well, I'm not going to say one way or another what they are---I lean toward clever human pranksters, for the most part, though some people have made valid points on the other side---but I can say for certain that if there is alot of pollen around them it is totally unsurprising that people would have headaches and sickness after visiting one! My own yard looks like trailer trash hell most of the time because I can't be in contact with most outdoor plants for more than a few minutes without being incapacitated by allergies.
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#30 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 02 February 2005 - 06:02 PM

Makes me wonder if the farmer is in on the scheme. He may allow them to do the design then just say, "I walked into the field and there it was!"
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users