• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#31 Boointhecity

Boointhecity

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 06:32 PM

Make me wonder if the farmer is in on the scheme. He may allow them to do the design then just say, "I walked into the field and there it was!"

Axman, I can see that happening under certain circumstances, but you have to understand that most of these fields that this happens to... farmers are losing a good portion of money to feed their families with. Every time it is done with boards and ropes, crops are ruined!

Besides, you might say that they are getting paid to have their crops trespassed upon, but with all those crop circles appearing in mass numbers all over the world, doesn't that bring up a whole different kind of conspiracy? Just think of all that money? Who is doing all of this? Why are they doing this?
:( :)

#32 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 02 February 2005 - 06:39 PM

I suppose that would be the hole in my theory but let's try another scenario.

Farmer John is losing money this year. He needs to find some way to make money. Crops are insured in some cases. Viola, some fool just ruined my crops, time for an insurance claim.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#33 ICThings13

ICThings13

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:I like rock, country, metal music, and the only rap music I like is Run DMC cause there not like Usher and Eminem, there funny!!!<br /><br />I love poetry, and drawing, going on the computer annd shopping.........when i have money! ONe weird thing about me is that I love cleaning my room, but thats the only thing I love cleaning. LOL!

Posted 03 February 2005 - 08:42 PM

Wow, Boo that thing looks like a face of somthing and...hmmmm A TOWN!!!!! :huh:

Like an alien or somthin looking down on a town. Doesn't it? He he. I can get carried away with this stuff. :D

#34 WishingStar

WishingStar

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:My four children, ghost hunting, religious debate, paganism, movies, and anything Disney.

Posted 03 February 2005 - 09:09 PM

I suppose that would be the hole in my theory but let's try another scenario.

Farmer John is losing money this year. He needs to find some way to make money. Crops are insured in some cases. Viola, some fool just ruined my crops, time for an insurance claim.

You know you may have a point. One of the circles we spotted had a box for donations from those who wanted to walk around in it. The box was stuffed with money. We contributed of course because we really wanted to have a look.

This is turning into a veeeeery interesting and enlightening discussion. :D

Debbie a.k.a. "WishingStar"
Debbie a.k.a. ~*~WishingStar~*~

#35 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 09:27 PM

I agree that it is hard to imagine somebody making these crop circles without being caught... but by the same argument... if there are sooooo many of them, and they are soooooo big.... then why hasn't anybody seen any aliens making them? People claim to see UFO's constantly. People claim to be abducted by aliens. But as far as I know, nobody has seen the alien equivalent of Davinci yet. hmmmm, unless it's alien delinquents and this is their form of graffiti :D
Posted Image

#36 Boointhecity

Boointhecity

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 09:36 PM

Crops are insured in some cases. Viola, some fool just ruined my crops, time for an insurance claim.

Two words: Insurance Investigation. :D

#37 Boointhecity

Boointhecity

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 09:38 PM

I can get carried away with this stuff. :D

I agree! It is quite addictive, huh? :D

#38 Boointhecity

Boointhecity

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 09:43 PM

You know you may have a point.  One of the circles we spotted had a box for donations from those who wanted to walk around in it.  The box was stuffed with money.  We contributed of course because we really wanted to have a look.

I know plenty of people that never paid even one cent to walk over and look at those things. :rolleyes: :D

#39 Boointhecity

Boointhecity

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 09:54 PM

but by the same argument... if there are sooooo many of them, and they are soooooo big.... then why hasn't anybody seen any aliens making them? 

Probably the same reason that you never see elves, trolls, dwarves, gnomes, and yes, normal human beings making them either.(Hmm...quite the table turner, huh?)

But is apparent to me, that someone or something is.
:D :D

#40 Ginevra Weasley

Ginevra Weasley

Villager

• Deleted
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Interests:Um, Harry Potter if you couldn't guess. And a good ghost story on the side! lol

Posted 03 February 2005 - 10:11 PM

Yep yep yep

I know the ultimate reason for crop circles guys. . .

It's alien bait . . .

It's a know fact . . .

Aliens love CORN! :D :D :weeee: :weeee:
Aura: Crimson . . . the hot sexy beasts of GV!THE BANANA SAY'S, "Don't peel me, I want to live!"Posted ImagePosted Image

#41 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 10:38 PM

Probably the same reason that you never see elves, trolls, dwarves, gnomes, and yes, normal human beings making them either.(Hmm...quite the table turner, huh?)

But...
Elves are too upper class to lower themselves to playing in a cornfield

Trolls lack the artistic talent and patience...they would just smash their way through the fields.

Drwarves create using stone and wood, not crops

And gnomes are too busy creating new gizmos and gadgets to bother taking the time to create something artistic. :D
Posted Image

#42 Simmy

Simmy

Ghostvillage Newsgirl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,636 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Cars, Animals, Family....LIFE!

Posted 03 February 2005 - 10:55 PM

a farmer could do it quite easily , undetected...i mean how often does somone fly over a corn feild for no reason? a farmer could do it , then claim to find it, BUT that doesnt explain how when they are found, its FRESH cuts or bends in the corn!

#43 WishingStar

WishingStar

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:My four children, ghost hunting, religious debate, paganism, movies, and anything Disney.

Posted 03 February 2005 - 11:19 PM

You know you may have a point.  One of the circles we spotted had a box for donations from those who wanted to walk around in it.  The box was stuffed with money.  We contributed of course because we really wanted to have a look.

I know plenty of people that never paid even one cent to walk over and look at those things. :rolleyes: :D

That's true too. Two out of the three we saw didn't ask for any money. :D

Debbie
Debbie a.k.a. ~*~WishingStar~*~

#44 Boointhecity

Boointhecity

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 10:11 AM

Yep yep yep

I know the ultimate reason for crop circles guys. . .

It's alien bait . . .

It's a know fact . . .

Aliens love CORN!  :(  :weeee:  :weeee:  :weeee:

Actually, crop circles are found to be mostly made in wheat fields. As for their diets? You would have to ask them. :unsure: ;) :lol:

#45 Boointhecity

Boointhecity

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 10:21 AM

That's true too.  Two out of the three we saw didn't ask for any money.  :(

Debbie

Hmm... two out of three? Doesn't sound like a very profitable venture to me. I guess those farmers might have better luck with the insurance investigators.:rolleyes: :weeee:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users